PDA

View Full Version : The Singer 9960 has been great

jayne321
June 3rd, 2013, 12:20 AM
I have been using the Singer 9960, it has been working perfectly. It's a great price for all of the features it has..
There is a well done review here.
http://www.squidoo.com/Singer-9960-Quantum-Stylist-review

pixiedust0830
June 3rd, 2013, 01:13 AM
i have been looking for a sewing machine recently and wanted some embroidery but couldnt decide between this one Singer 9960 or the Brother 400....Do you do alot of quilting on it??? Is the throat big enough for a queen??? any cons or pros that you have noticed???

I mainly do quilts, aprons, pillowcases, hems and I am thinking of making a costome for the first time this year...eeek kinda scary to see what comes out...lol...hence why i am looking for a good, reliable,mid range machine...any suggestions??

thanks,

Priscilla

kelliedi
June 3rd, 2013, 01:28 AM
Hi everyone I have had a 9960 for a while now and love it. I have had no problems at all with it. That being said there is a member here who has many problems with them ( i can;'t remember the name of who it was though) I did quilt a queen size quilt with it here is a pic of it sorry it is kinda blurry. Keep in mind that I had to go around every point in this quilt, which meant a lot of pulling and tugging. I just finished sewing curtains out of upholstery material and it pulled ith right through wiht no problem at all. I did buy mine off of ebay and it had extra accessories with it including a walking foot. It does the fonts beautifully and you cand adjust stitches in many ways too.