PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning - A wee bit cooler

Blondie
February 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac302/marmontel/Mary%20Engelbreit/newpicture280.jpg

Good Morning Ladies
Slept like a rock last night and woke up looking as if I have been living under one. Good grief, how can that man stand even looking at me with a straight face when he looks at me. He must practice that smile. And btw, no flashes last night. yee haw. I very very and I mean very rarely have any. They generallly leave as quickly as they come and etc. I am trying to think what was the stresser for me on Friday. It was a good day; no one really doing anything out of the ordinary, so it must have been the full moon. hehehe.
Zenkitty, you are so very correct in changing doctors. Attitude and faith have a whole lot to do with our healing. We all deserve respect and dignity not to mention a soft place to land when we hear hard news.

So, what's on the agenda for the day? After church we will have a nice dinner with Mom and then perhaps if the wind doesn't blow us away, visit with some friends we haven't been able to get with since my Dad passed away. So much bad weather this winter, it is lucky we even remember anyone. Lucious and I aren't the most social butterflies but we do enjoy company of a few really good friends. Don't know where I would be without these "sisters" and their dear men.

Will more than likely be back this evening sometime. Enjoy your day, sweeties

quiltingtrish
February 20th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Good morning everyone!

It's the Small Things. That was our sermon this morning. Based upon the 5 loaves of bread that was turned into many to feed the 5,000. It's waking up to the sun here this morning before we are to get snow and sleet later tonight. It's the light touch of a husband telling you it will be alright. It's the smile from the husband when he sees you first thing in the morning. It's the sudden laughter of a child you happen to catch. It's that one little bird that you watch float in the sky on the winds on a summer day. It's the first flowers that pop their heads up after a long, dreary winter. It's the text from a grown child just to say "I love you". It's a surprise phone call from a friend or a PM to say "I'm thinking of you". It's coming on here to share in your love of your quilting and friendship.

What Small Thing are you thankful for today?

Hugs,

middlesis1966
February 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Good morning all. Its a beautiful day here. Moms picking me up for service since I took the wrong pill. I cant drive when I take it so I glad we go to the same church. Whew.
My small thing to look at it the answered prayers that this treatment went well. I dont feel like Im gonna get sick every 5 mimutes. PTL!!!!
I also got a surprise last night. My DBL ,DS, andDH all shaved their head in my honor.
Have a great day all.

Lola2Ace
February 20th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Good morning all! Had a busier day than I planned for yesterday, isn't that the way it usuallly goes?
Youngest DD's friend needed ruffles 'pinned' up on a formal dress to shorten it, I agreed to look at it, and that's what we did, but the underlayer needed shortened too, so it was a much more detailed alteration than thought and more than I know how to do, but we mustered through and it's done.
It's a gorgeous dress with 2 layers of very stiff tulle, so there was no way it was fitting under the presser foot, so everything I did is hand stitched.
Then I started adding sashings to the friendship braid quilt and noticed that the braids weren't matching at the top. I just about panicked. I sent a message to Jill (jrchapman)and she has helped me figure it out. I have to trim a bit more off the sections, but the best news is it will work out!
Also, a guy at (old) work has ordered a quilt for his son from the Hooty Hoot, I have 2 charm packs of it, but needed more for a twin size--I tried to talk him into a cuddle size, but no go. MSQC is out of the fabric and Jenny checked with the manufacturer for me and it's out of production! More panicking! But, I found it on ebay and wonder of wonders I won the auctions and I should receive from 1 seller early this week, and the other seller later in the week. I have till June to get it done, but with the new job, I want to get started ASAP.
Huge THANKS!! to Jill and Jenny for helping me get through some tough patches in my quilting world!!
I was so tired when I found my mistake on the friendship braid, I was ready to give up quilting and so frustrated with myself. I figured I was going to have alot of table runners instead of a quilt!
Hope everybody has a great day!
Lola

Blondie
February 20th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Good morning everyone!

It's the Small Things. That was our sermon this morning. Based upon the 5 loaves of bread that was turned into many to feed the 5,000. It's waking up to the sun here this morning before we are to get snow and sleet later tonight. It's the light touch of a husband telling you it will be alright. It's the smile from the husband when he sees you first thing in the morning. It's the sudden laughter of a child you happen to catch. It's that one little bird that you watch float in the sky on the winds on a summer day. It's the first flowers that pop their heads up after a long, dreary winter. It's the text from a grown child just to say "I love you". It's a surprise phone call from a friend or a PM to say "I'm thinking of you". It's coming on here to share in your love of your quilting and friendship.

What Small Thing are you thankful for today?

Hugs,
It's being reminded of what is really important sometimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeXxkbgCVE

quiltingtrish
February 20th, 2011, 12:46 PM
WOW! How can someone watch that and not have tears in their eyes? I think this is going to stick with me for a long time. There are so many out there with hurts, wants, needs that I need to start paying more attention as to what can I do?

Hugs,

Lola2Ace
February 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
WOW! How can someone watch that and not have tears in their eyes? I think this is going to stick with me for a long time. There are so many out there with hurts, wants, needs that I need to start paying more attention as to what can I do?

Hugs,

Thank You Blondie for that video. I agree with Trish, I need to pay more attention to what others need. I had tears in my eyes too, and I would love to have something that gave me insight as to their needs and troubles in their lives.
Lola

EsGrandma
February 20th, 2011, 01:10 PM
WOW - that clip was powerful!

Paula - My prayers are with you and glad that you are having a good day.
Blondie - hope you have a joyful visit with your friends and we are very thankful for hubbies that love us in the morning when we are less than beautiful!
Lola - I'm sure that dress is beautiful with all of your hand stitching - what a great gift!

I am very thankful for a friend that I will meet at church - we have been friends for many years and she is on chemo so misses church sometimes - today is a good day and we will enjoy sitting next to each other again!

Hope everyone has joy!
Linda

debinmalaga
February 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Blondie, that video was a real gift - thank you.

My boss at work, whom I dearly love, taught me to remember that everyone has a story, and remembering that really did change my life and how I try to live it. I'm not 100%, but I really do try to be a good part of other people's day.

Sandy Navas
February 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Whew . . . everyone needs to watch that clip!!

toggpine
February 20th, 2011, 01:50 PM
My "Little Thing" turns 5 years old today. It was the best and worst day of my life. She had complications at birth and was delivered by emergency c-section. She wasn't breathing and then had to be transported to the level 3 NICU in the next city, 20 miles away. The hospital I delivered her in didn't have the equipment to support her. They wouldn't release me from the hospital for 3 days. I was crazy to get out of there. If I saw her for 5 minutes the day she was born I would be amazed. They rolled her into my room in the incubator thing they used for ambulance transport. I signed the papers allowing her to be transported and they were gone. My husband followed the ambulance to the other hospital. She came home two weeks later. Thankfully, she hasn't looked back.

So we will bake cupcakes and have a party, with aardvarks!

Catch you all later!
Cathy

patticakes
February 20th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Morning all!
Blondie - what a powerful message in the video you posted. Thank you for sharing it.
Cathy - happiest of birthday's to your little miracle!

Raining cats and dogs here but happy it's not snow. Got everything done yesterday so I don't have to leave the house today and with BF off to work on a side job, I have the whole day to myself! Yippee! Put chicken, rice, salsa, chicken broth, spices and a big fat jalapeno in the crockpot so dinner is in the bag. Thought I'd stop by to say hi on my way to the sewing corner!
Wishing you a fun, joyous, wonderful day my quilty peeps!

debinmalaga
February 20th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Morning all!
Blondie - what a powerful message in the video you posted. Thank you for sharing it.
Cathy - happiest of birthday's to your little miracle!

Raining cats and dogs here but happy it's not snow. Got everything done yesterday so I don't have to leave the house today and with BF off to work on a side job, I have the whole day to myself! Yippee! Put chicken, rice, salsa, chicken broth, spices and a big fat jalapeno in the crockpot so dinner is in the bag. Thought I'd stop by to say hi on my way to the sewing corner!
Wishing you a fun, joyous, wonderful day my quilty peeps!

Patticakes, that sounds like a great recipe!

janluna
February 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks Blondie for the video. It was a gift. Love you, Jan

bakermom
February 20th, 2011, 06:05 PM
just started snowing here, just a few flakes at first, now a mini blizzard. at least it's not the freezing rain they were predicting. I finished hand-sewing the binding on a quilt top I found the other day. i just tied it off instead of quilting it. just wanted it done with. then I switched my machine back to embroidery. I want to make up some embroidered blocks to put in a quilt i'm planning out in my mind. I have a couple other things i could work on but I'm not feeling real ambitious today.

Blondie
February 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/funnies/freddieCATSMILES2.gif

Hi Ladies
Hoping everyone had a super duper day. It has been a nice one for us. It has been really overcast this afternoon. Had lunch with some good friends, enjoyed someone else's version baked spaghetti. It was delightful to be away for an afternoon. We brought Mom with us and she had a great time as well.

Glad everyone seemed to like to video clip. It never fails to move me. I am so guilty of being selfish, in a hurry, judging others in front of me and this brings me up short!

I hate to hear others getting snow! NO! We are having ups and downs in the temps and the wind keeps a brisk chill. Last night we held steady at about 20 degrees. Tomorrow may hit in the 60's. The roller coaster ride of what to where begins!

Cathy, hug that miracle baby of yours. Happy Birthday to her and YOU.

craftyladysam
February 20th, 2011, 09:57 PM
A thanks coming your Blondie for that video and Trish thank you for reminding us all of the small things that count the most. You guys are the sweetest thing next to candy. Happy Birthday to the wee one and glad everyone is having a good day!! Hubby passed his 7mm kidney stone this morning! Hurray no surgery! It's a beautiful day in the quilting neighborhood ,wouldn't you say?
Daughter and kids came for a visit and left me with a list of things they want me to make for them. Wheee! Glad there 's no time line you get me? :lol::lol: see you later sweet potatars, Sam

middlesis1966
February 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Saundra I'm so glad you hubbywas able to pass the stone. I hear it is a very painful ordeal. I pray all will go more smoothly for him now. Take care!

janluna
February 20th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Cathy, wish that sweet baby a happy birthday from all of us. Hugs, Jan

patticakes
February 20th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Good evening!
Sounds like you had a good day Blondie! A meal always tastes better to me when it's cooked by someone else and shared with friends! Glad Mom got to get out with you too.
Saundra I feel for your hubby! Kidney stones are no joke when it comes to pain, my ex, my son and my daughter have all suffered with them over the years. Glad he passed the darn thing!
I got a lot accomplished today. Got the border sewn on my son's birthday quilt and now just have to get to the store this week to get some fabric for the backing. Also got 42 -5" blocks cut from jeans for the rag quilt I am working on and got part of them sewn. Still have to cut 42 more from the jeans but not sure if it will make the quilt big enough. I am using two of the "Max and Whiskers" charm packs for one side as it is for my daughter to use for her dog (Max) either on her couch or in her car. I am pretty sure I have something that will coordinate in my stash.
BF is still working, poor guy! I have his dinner staying warm and have some apples slices slowly simmering so he will have some warm cinnamon apples to put on his bowl of ice cream after dinner. Better go check on them now so I don't burn them or the house down!
Take care all, enjoy tomorrow if you have it off!
Patti

Onetiredmomma
February 20th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I hope that all of you have had a beautiful Sunday.
Ours ended with snow. I can't say that I missed it. I started working on my husband's t-shirt quilt. I kept putting it off, but now's the time. I'm sick of looking at the t-shirts piled on my sewing table. I'm trying to finish all the projects I have before starting a new one. It's never going to work, is it?
I want to finish the t-shirt quilt, finish a cross stitch for one of my best friends. It was for her wedding, which was over a year ago. Then I've got some horse coolers to make and a dress for my little girl for this summer. Let's see, there are probably about 6 morse projects that I'm forgetting.
I've been feeling a little under the weather with the weather changes. I think my body is a walking barometer.

Have a good week everyone!

Sandy Navas
February 20th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I'm sick of looking at the t-shirts piled on my sewing table. I'm trying to finish all the projects I have before starting a new one. It's never going to work, is it?
Then I've got some horse coolers to make and a dress for my little girl for this summer.
Have a good week everyone!

I agree totally - I absolutely hate seeing piles of 'projects' that need to be attacked and completed - but I usually hide them instead of completing them. Bad me. I have loads and loads of old denim that I want to make a quilt with and it is shoved under a stairway - out of sight, out of mind - but I remember just about every day that I have that project to do.

But, I am so very curious about your horse coolers . . . do share - or is that a typo?

toggpine
February 21st, 2011, 02:03 AM
Thanks for all of the great Birthday wishes. Em had a great day. She had two friends over and that was just right. Any more and there would have been a melt down for sure. My parents came over and one of the neighbor ladies stopped in. Emily now has enough paper, crayons, markers and colored pencils to get her through the next few weeks. She has been drawing like crazy. The other day she brought me a pencil drawing of a platypus with some water, a big rock, 'cause he's going to get tired of swimming, and a cloud in the sky. I have no idea where she comes up with some of this stuff. She didn't need any other plastic toy crap to trip over. She loved her aardvark and the fishing pole that she wanted from Daddy. He's going to teach her to cast tomorrow. Lord love him. I'm going to be out of the house tomorrow for that!

I hope you all have a good evening! I am going to bed!
Cathy