PDA

View Full Version : The first Sunday in June.

Monique
June 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Happy Sunday friends. I am up and at 'em. We attended a beautiful wedding yesterday. Of course the bride was gorgeous. These small town weddings are awesome. My hubby and I, well I, won the bridal bouquet for being married the longest out of all the couples who got up to play this game.

Today we will go visit with Phil and Jodi. I need to get hubby up and at 'em soon.

Have a wonderful day friends.

I pray for all of you affected by the violent storms.

pcbatiks
June 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning Monique & everyone here on the forum. We had a good day here.......My mom & I brought my two nieces garage sale shopping yesterday. Lots of sales.........one of my nieces nearly filled the trunk of my car with stuff........we all found some things & we had a fun morning. Was hoping to find a few more storage boxes.....but no luck. Guess I will have to buy them at the store! I've been seeing lots of pretty projects by everyone here on the forum.........I need to get moving on mine.......maybe I can do that today.

Hope everyone is staying safe in the areas having bad storms. Hope everyone has a great week!

MRoy
June 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Good Sunday Morning! It's looks like it's going to be rainy here...a good day for napping. LOL! I've got some plastic bins so I'll be organizing and moving fabric from the house to the studio between rain showers.

jsmetcalf
June 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Good morning everybody! Such an eventful week. After driving 350 miles to see our newest grandson, Emmett, we then had another son, his wife, and 2 year old grandson come to Virginia for a quick weekend visit. Oh, failed to mention that they also brought their 4 month old yet to be housebroken puppy with them to add to our 2 labs and cat. Needless to say, never did see the cat all weekend! I'm thinking today is a day to rest! It's amazing how much of a toll traveling and company can exhaust us these days! I remember well when I was the one with the two year old and could go, go, go, but now as the nana, as they say, my get up and go got up and went! So right now I'm sitting on the front porch swing with my coffee enjoying the sounds of the birds....and cicadas. So peaceful. :) Oops....so much for the resting....I hear donkeys braying and chickens cackling. Must be about time to get dressed, put on my chicken shoes, and go feed a few hungry "children". Hope DH is enjoying his sleep!!!!!
Make it a great day in the Lord.
Judy

aliaslaceygreen
June 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Good morning all....It sounds like HUGS all around are called for, so wrap those arms around yourself, and pat gently if there is no one else available to provide one, ok?

We had a nice day at the beach...only a bit crispy on one arm...don't know why sunscreen is so random sometimes, I KNOW I slathered it on,...I recall very specifically doing DH feet and yet the top of them??

We didn't know it but there was an air show scheduled over the water, so that was fun!
TAKE CARE, everyone...

pcbatiks
June 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Good Sunday Morning! It's looks like it's going to be rainy here...a good day for napping. LOL! I've got some plastic bins so I'll be organizing and moving fabric from the house to the studio between rain showers.

Hi Myrna...........so how is the sewing studio coming along? I saw the pictures a while back...............I know you must be having fun with all that space just for you! :)

MayinJerset
June 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Good Sunday morning, It's a beautiful sunny day and hope it stays that way for great grandson George's Christening early this afternoon with reception following at his parent's home. We are having a heat wave and thunder storms expected this afternoon so I hope DGD Laura and DH have AC or it will be a very uncomfortable reception if it rains and we all have to stay indoors.

Found out late yesterday afternoon that our AC isn't working. AC maintenance co. will be here tomorrow but I know we will need a new unit as the present one is about 20 years old. That is going to fun.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 2nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone! My daughter's AC needs replacing, lucky for them it hadn't been too hot this week. The new one goes in tomorrow.

I got up early yesterday and finished my Falling Charms quilt for the PICU. After that, I spent the rest of the day chilling out, when I had cleaning to do, unfortunately, I left that all for today. Got the family coming for a meal tonight, hopefully we will be grilling in sunshine, not in the rain.

Saw the movie Renoir ast night. Hmmmm, don't have any high recommendations for it, lots of tastefully nude models. I have the body type of women who should have posed for some of his paintings, he made the slim women very full in the hip area! I have plenty there for him to accurately portray. But, he liked them young and with flawless skin, not this kind of old body. He painted til he was very old. The movie was set 4 years before his death duing WwI.

Hopefully you all have a great day!

Mom23
June 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Good morning everybody. It's been a busy weekend here so far. Yesterday morning was spent running errands and the afternoon/evening was spent at a wedding. Got to talk to lots of friends we don't get to see very often. Today we are headed to the St. Louis area for a nephew's birthday party. We will be taking the in-laws with us, which should be a fun trip! Today is always a sad day for me. 34 years ago my dad committed suicide. I was 15 years old at the time. I know he is in a better place, but, it's still a little sad when I think of everything in my life he has missed out on.

Have a great weekend. Tomorrow I get to pick my youngest son up from the airport in Chicago. He has been on a study abroad trip to Croatia and The Netherlands. Can't wait to see him but dread all the hours in the car, today and tomorrow!

shermur
June 2nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mornin', darlin's! @ Robin wishing you great strength for today and tomorrow, you are loved! Yesterday afternoon, the softball team had a cookout at one of the team parent's home between games. The lady of the house stated she wish the house was more clean than it looked and apologizing for the house condition (by the way, it looked immaculate). I thought to myself...you ought to see the very lived in house we live in....
Made progress on youngest daughter's T-shirt quit last night...she is getting excited. She helped with the photos onto the fabric...she thought that was so cool! I hope I can finish today? and yet the house is still screaming.....more cleaning PLEASE! HA HA!

CrazyMtnLady
June 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone.
Got up and at em already this morning. Got the horse and mule fed and the cats and kittens too. Now I'm pooped.
Yesterday I vacuumed and shampooed my carpets and did a lot of cleaning. Today I will tackle the bathroom and kitchen. :( Tomorrow I will start in on the laundry. Need to get all my housework done before I can sit at the sewing machine.

Watching the Children's Miracle Network telethon out of Springfield.. Such touching stories.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

HdWench
June 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Morning all! Still working on making clothes, but finally got my falling charms quilt sandwiched. Got to get that quilted before we leave as my gf from Florida is coming up to meet us in Ohio and pick up her birthday present. Taking 3 sewing machines with me, 1 dropped some metal part from the foot feed, my Pfaff decided to throw a hissy fit last night so she's in a corner. The Best Service guys are in Astrabula (spelling sorry), Ohio at Cases Sewing Repair!! Got 1 of my Viking's there, so she'll go back for TLC and if my Pfaff keeps this up, I'll threaten to trade her in too!

I am ready to be done making clothes, and REALLY look forward to getting back to quilting after we set down for a while in Ohio! Quilts fit Everyone... clothes *meh*

:-Debbie

Mpyles
June 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Good morning!

Slept in this morning! It's a beautiful day here in SW Missouri. Almost chilly out to be honest. I haven't watched the weather...but hoping it holds out. I need to mow and the cooler the better!

I made it thru my day yesterday....i confess to a two hour nap when I got home. I read in the posts from yesterday that someone wondered what the restaurants I worked for was...steak n shake! The company I work for operates the franchise here in Springfield and Lebanon. They have 5 stores here and the one in Lebanon. I started there when I was 17 years old, 32 years in September. I never woulda thought...and in fact went to college to become a teacher....but after 3 years I dropped out for a semester....ya right!!
Anyway..met my hubby there and he works for the company as well.

Last night DH and the kids and I went to fuddruckers...it was pretty good. Then I came home and worked on club project. Today...I hope to mow and sew!! Haha!

Everyone have a great day!!

MRoy
June 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hi Myrna...........so how is the sewing studio coming along? I saw the pictures a while back...............I know you must be having fun with all that space just for you! :)

It's still coming...I got a cutting table set up last Saturday. It a 6' x 30" banquet table with plastic conduit extensions on the legs to make it the right height. It's not exactly what I wanted but it's much easier on my back than using the dining room table. I'm going to measure how high the space is under the table top. I think it may be high enough to slip a 9-cubby storage unit under each side.

No more decorating yet...I've still not found "that certain fabric". When I'm in the studio I'm not snacking and I lose track of time, so maybe I'll eat less and lose some weight in the process. That would be a plus!

bakermom
June 2nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Morning all! It will be a busy day for us. Grandson's Baptism is today after Mass. Then a quick stop at home to pick up my food for the party afterward. should see all the family at DD's except for one DD. She lives out of state and her schedule won't allow a trip home right now. I smocked the white garment GS will be wearing today-I thought i made it plenty big, however he started out at nearly 9 lbs. Good thing he only has to wear it today!

Granny Judy
June 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM
Quick check in the morning... still need to get some grocery shopping done this week end. Missed yesterday as DD partied too much the night before and begged off any shopping trip. Got lots of "extras" in the house so no big deal.. Rained really hard and I wasn't too excited about being out in that.

Checked on my planters and see that a rabbit has been chewing on the pansy's ... darn it all. Gotta move that planter up and out of it's reach. That's what happens when you put out bird feeders everywhere... animals of all type come a callin!! We have Hummingbirds!! Such cute little guys...... I really enjoy bird watching and sitting outside in the evenings. (after supper while letting my digestive system do it's work- he,he,he,he)

Bubby
June 2nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Good Late Morning,

We got up before 5 to thunderstorms and strong wind. Right now it's just overcast and humid. I spent a good hour making hummingbird food this morning. They are dinking 2 gallons a week now. That's a lot of sugar.

Today we are working at relaxing....lol! It doesn't come easy for us, as we always have so much on our plates.

I ordered the Daily Deal today and bought some charm packs to go with it. I loved the simple quilt tutorial where Jenny just sewed the 10" blocks together, but I will alternate mine with 4-patch blocks for a little variety.

I wish everyone a wonderful Sunday....Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
June 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM

Have a wonderful day!
Prayers and hugs to all

ilive2craft2
June 2nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Good Morning all! Finally have the majority of my son's room clean enough to move stuff into it. My sewing machine cabinet that has my sewing machine and my serger on it, made it into there last night. It is one of those Sauder jobbies, that can close down and look like a buffet table, but rarely gets closed now. The rest of his stuff got moved into the closet in that room or into the computer room/office that I used to share as my sewing room.

He did leave his big computer desk in his room here until he moves up north this fall. Cleaned it up and put a tv on it for me (an extra from my mom when she moved last time). Heading off to Joann's to get some sort of design wall. Not sure if I will splurge on the Fons and Porter one or end up with some white fleece. If I find a good enough coupon, I may splurge - it has lines on it, which the fleece won't have.....

Need to decide now if I am going to paint the room or not. 3 out of 4 walls are a basic beige, which is fine - the 4th wall is custom painted camo that my dear sis did for him when we moved in here. He was in love with anything camo at the time. She painted in names hidden in the camo - his, his dad's and both grandpas, so I am feeling a bit sentimental, which is silly - it is just paint. Both grandpas are no longer with us--only 1 was gone when she painted the wall.

Off to get moving - not sure which direction I will head first, since I also need to mow, but it is still a bit wet out there.... :) Lisa

lilmouse
June 2nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Morning All; yes it is still morning here.....a big thank you to Joyce for recommending the June Tailor Shape Cut. I cut a huge stack of charms yesterday out of my scrap basket....so pleased! I now have hundreds of them. Also am accumulating allot of white 2 1/2" squares and strips and some 3" strips and some 2" strips....I refuse to go any smaller than that! Today will also be spent on reducing the scraps to useable pieces. My best friend is coming over for a sew day so I am excited! Will check back in later..hope everyone has a great day and of course hugs and prayers for all.
Smiling away, Susie

middlesis1966
June 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Happy Sunday all! It's pretty much a chill day here and I'm needing to get motivated. I've been having sleeping issues and not very energetic today. I do need to get up and moving because today is a busy day for me. I have Gods Girls, then a mystery dinner.
I'm still trying to dry out from all the rain. I'm greatful that we stayed safe during Fridays storms. Glad to read that you other gals stayed safe as well.
Have a fun filled Sunday all!

CountryHut
June 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
popping in and out . . doing a sit down here and there in between laundry and packing the 5th wheel camper - we are 'suppose' to leave out tomorrow for a week . . but there seems to be a problem with one of the A/C units . . *deep breathe*~ . . then I have to run off and go food shopping - guess I might wait on that for a bit to see what happens with the A/C unit . . if the fur babies can't go . . this one isn't sitting or sleeping in camper that is hot . .*shaking head*~ . . nope won't do it . . LOL*~
. . then the hubby's birthday is coming in a few days . . and have NO idea what to get him . . I mean the man has EVERY tool ever made and could run in competition with Home Depot or Lowes . . *ugh*~ . . any ideas Ladies? . . . don't need clothes - hankies or socks . . . THEN there Father's day that follows a week later . . *oh my*~ ..

well, I should check on the washer and get back to being or look like I'm busy . .

"Make it" a good day :)

toggpine
June 2nd, 2013, 01:36 PM
A hug for Robin.
Donna, I can't watch those, nor can I listen to the radio-a-thons. They make me too sad. We had one radio station DJ do a "take over/play-in" If you called in and made a donation they would play your requested song. It was a huge hit! It went that way for two years before they started in with the sad stories of the families and the kids. It seems as if they are guilting you into donating. I donate at other times, and don't support that method.

We got the "orchard" de-grassed & de-weeded. Eric & I are moving a bit slower than usual this morning. We are headed out to the farmer's market and my cousin's gun shop this morning. (Hubby's rifle is ready.) Hopefully by the time we get back the stain on the wainscoting will be dried and we can install it this afternoon! I want that room done, so we can get on with the rest of our plans!
I have some fabric to go through. It is part of a quilter's stash. She passed away and her son is a friend of a friend. I offered to make the son a lap/couch quilt as a "thank you". I only had room for part of the stash on our last trip. Apparently there is more, a lot more. After I make his quilt, I'll be sending some of the fabrics to some of the charities for more good works than I could possibly do on my own. Marilyn & Blondie had better watch out. If there is as much fabric as I have been led to believe, the postal service will be making several stops at your place by the end of summer/early fall. (It's a long drive with a ferry ride involved. That's a lot of time away from the farm & requires some planning to go.)

Hubby is getting antsy to go. You all have a great day & be the reason someone smiles today!
Hugs, Cathy

toggpine
June 2nd, 2013, 09:08 PM
We are back!
I found three new herb plants to add to my ever increasing garden. Licorice, Mallow, and Skullcap. I am slowly trying to build up my herb garden to include both culinary and medicinal herbs. I found out why one of my plants didn't grow like it should. The grower tag pretty much lied about the placing. It said part sun/sun. It should have said shade/part sun. According to the gardner I just bought these from the sickly one shouldn't be getting more an two ours of sun a day. It's in the main garden in the shadow of the rosemary bush! That is way to much direct sun!

We had a late lunch and ate too much. The garlic fries were sooo tasty, but now I have the start of a nice case of heart burn. We'll see if the Zantac and Tums are enough to stop the onslaught!

I'm going to go find homes for my new plants, and work of some of this gut bomb! Then maybe I can work in my sewing room for a while.

I hope you all had a great day!
C