PDA

View Full Version : Checking in... ;) hello!

shorte85
June 2nd, 2013, 01:54 AM
Hey everyone! Hope all is well with you all! I KNOW!! I'm not around as I used to be, but normally that happens when it becomes summer! My husband and I tend to get quite busy outside and doing activities during the summer. One of those main activities is keeping our yard under wraps, mowing the lawn, picking up sticks, burning sticks, trying to fix up the house and what not. Next weekend we'll be getting some new doors put in, a storm door and 2 screen doors! I'm excited because that means I can actually open the doors and let the breeze in along with opening the windows and doing the same. :) I also know Bianca (my husband's brother's dog) will love being able to lay over by the screen door and looking outside. She's not quite tall enough to really look outside from the window because the window ledge it kind of up high ha.

But other than that, lately I just haven't gotten any sewing done!!! STRANGE I KNOW!!! Sewing for me is done more during the winter where I don't go anywhere, and I like staying inside where during the summer we are always outside in the yard or out doing something. Fishing is another thing I love doing!!! I only got out once for fishing, but trust me I do plan on getting back out to do some more fishing!!! :)

Well it's getting late here, and I want to do some reading of my book and then get some sleep. But I just wanted to check in like I said I would!!! :)

I love all you guys!!! You guys are like my online MSQC family! :) HEHE! lol I know I'm weird ha ha!! ;)

Actually before I get off here, I am going to roam around here for a few minutes to see what everyone has been up too!! :P

bkthomas
June 2nd, 2013, 02:39 AM
Good to hear from you CJ! Sounds like you are doing well and enjoying spring.....Thanks for dropping by to say Hi!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 2nd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Glad to see you checked in! We missed you, but are glad you are OK But busy with other things!

Wwena
June 2nd, 2013, 04:08 AM
So good to hear from you! Summer (or well, late spring) is taking it's toll on my time too. We will still be here in the fall! :)

Iris Girl
June 2nd, 2013, 05:45 AM
Good to hear from you. We miss you. Enjoy the summer!

MRoy
June 2nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
It's good to hear from you CJ. Enjoy your spring and summer and your renovations.

Bubby
June 2nd, 2013, 08:37 AM
CJ, My summer schedule is very similar to yours. Lots of mowing and garden work, painting and fixing up the old home place. Most nights we eat an early dinner and work outdoors until dark. I love the rhythm of the four seasons and the different pace of each. I don't think you are wierd at all!

pcbatiks
June 2nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Glad you checked in CJ! Hope you & your DH have a great summer..........stop by the forum when you can. :)

Hulamoon
June 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
:icon_wave: Well you already know I missed you :) I'll be thinking of you when I repot some plants (which I was going to do yesterday) today. I wish we could burn over here. They outlawed it because of peoples asthma problems. I live in the country and I can't even have an outdoor fireplace. Geesh. Wish I was around when they had that county meeting. lol

Anyway, welcome back and check in once in awhile!

HdWench
June 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Hi CJ and it sure sounds like your summer plans are going great! More fun to be outdoors than inside quilting until it's colder. Enjoy it and like Anna said, come fall or winter we'll all be right back here quilting :-)

Debbie

Evilynn
June 2nd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Summer is not the time to hang out at the PC. It's for celebrating life, sit outside and enjoy the few warm months ... at least here in the North. :) We have an awfully long winter but now it's time for the FUN! :) I can so understand, and I hope you have a great time! See ya in fall! =)

Andrea F
June 3rd, 2013, 03:14 AM
Have a great summer full of sun and fun :)