PDA

View Full Version : Package

Grace38
June 1st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Yesterday my order from M* came. I could not believe how it came. I am sure that M* goes to a lot of trouble to make sure that the package come in good condition. The package was in another bag marked damaged. Has anyone ever gotten a package that was damaged. I was sure glad that the jellyroll was not damaged.

Grace

Bubby
June 1st, 2013, 09:47 AM
You never know what is going to happen to a package in the postal system. I've had a few torn packages from M*, but never any damage or lost items.

kelliedi
June 1st, 2013, 09:57 AM
grace they know about this issue and are currently trying to work it out...

Genny
June 1st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Yesterday my order from M* came. I could not believe how it came. I am sure that M* goes to a lot of trouble to make sure that the package come in good condition. The package was in another bag marked damaged. Has anyone ever gotten a package that was damaged. I was sure glad that the jellyroll was not damaged.

Grace

Never had a problem here. Glad your fabric was ok.

CrazyMtnLady
June 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
It has a lot to do with the way the postal service, UPS or FEDEX handle the packages. I have seen videos of delivery people throwing the boxes on porches and such. The machines that are used to sort packages can damage the packages also.

bubba
June 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
I agree....I think it is the post office too! I get blocks from another company, and one month it never came. Three months later, I got a letter in the mail from the post office explaining that the enclosed label had been found in their machine during routine cleaning. Yep, it was my label from that missing package three months prior! It was a big old fat ugly mangled mess!!! The company I was dealing with had already replaced the missing block fabric and I asked her if she wanted a copy of the letter and the label to file a claim, but she said it was not worth her time and trouble.

Denis
June 1st, 2013, 01:32 PM
It's not just the post office or delivery companies that mishandle packages. Think about the warehouses where you buy your appliances, and electronics from, even Walmart. The staff throw things around the back all the time. I use to work in a big furniture/appliance chain here in Canada and saw it all the time. Most of these workers are making minimum wage with very few benefits and don't care about their jobs.

dwil23
June 1st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Automation is the biggest culprit in mangled mail and packages. Often badly packaged parcels and too thick letters jam the machines and then other, properly prepared mail gets caught in the jam.

Momofmonsters5
June 1st, 2013, 02:53 PM
Our last duty station in Oklahoma it was our ups guy every package from ups looked like it went through a war before it reached our house. My package from here cross the ocean ad always get here in grand condition

Grandma G
June 1st, 2013, 05:42 PM
Automation is the biggest culprit in mangled mail and packages. Often badly packaged parcels and too thick letters jam the machines and then other, properly prepared mail gets caught in the jam.

I agree. A few weeks back I received a package from M* that was totally ripped open all the way across the top. I posted a photo here on the forum. The jelly roll was still inside and not damaged but could easily have slid out of the package and become MIA. I had a long talk with our postal carrier. She admitted that she should have at least attached a note to the envelope. The packaging was the flimsy cardboard type and she told me that if something heavier landed on top of it during sorting then it could possibly have ripped around the jelly roll itself, tearing open the package. Made sense to me. Last week I received another order from M* with a jelly roll, too, but this time it arrived in perfect condition. The packaging was the newer fiber type envelope that practically takes a saw to open and that is just fine with me. M* needs to use the cardboard envelopes for yardage or charm packs and use the other, stronger packaging for jelly rolls or other bulky items. I was hoping they would have figured that out by now.