PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Mpyles
June 1st, 2013, 06:04 AM
Good morning!

It's early Saturday morning, the storms are all here still as I wake up! Gonna try to leave for work during a not so heavy rainfall window and trek the 15 miles to work...hopefully easily. I can't stand to drive in the rain...especially on the interstate. It's inventory and I am trying to beat a delivery truck with all our groceries on it. Those won't be counted in my may inventory...so it can get pretty confusing. Then it is off to Lebanon..to do it all over again. Here's to counting quickly!! The only consolation is the truck is coming from Oklahoma and could be delayed by weather as well. Last week it was 7 hours late.. Anyway I type all this and I am sure it is too much information!! Lol

Everyone have a great day!!

rebeccas-sewing
June 1st, 2013, 06:23 AM
I imagine you've told us before, Mary, but could you tell us again what the business is? I'm wondering about groceries, inventory, trucks, etc. In the meantime, I hope your journey on the highway is a safe one.

janluna
June 1st, 2013, 06:31 AM
Be safe Mary. Praying for all the people who are getting hit with these horrific storms. Hugs, Jan L.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 1st, 2013, 06:31 AM
I imagine you've told us before, Mary, but could you tell us again what the business is? I'm wondering about groceries, inventory, trucks, etc. In the meantime, I hope your journey on the highway is a safe one.

She manages restaurants in two cities in SW Mo. I'm only answering for her because she is off to work now.

Andrea F
June 1st, 2013, 08:08 AM
Hope you had a safe journey

kelliedi
June 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM
wonder what the names of her restarants are?

Monique
June 1st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Good morning friends. It was raining this morning, even the dog wouldn't go out. I hung my rosary out on the clothesline so the rain would stop. I have a wedding to attend today. The rain has now stopped. I guess I better take Jersey out for her morning constitution.

Have a wonderful day friends.

shermur
June 1st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Busy, busy day....counseling session for youngest daughter this morning, comp softball tournament later and clean, clean, clean! Our basement flooded yesterday due to all the rain we've had lately...that is still a organization task to complete....

Bubby
June 1st, 2013, 08:39 AM
Hi,

We had terrible storms last night...really bad. I think this one scared memo re than any I can remember. Jeff had to work a double shift lst night and I was hunkered in my closet for about 3 hours. We don't have a basement here and it was too risky to try to make it to the old house in town. It is still storming this morning. Five were killed in OK yesterday. My prayers are with their families and communities.

Wishing everyone safety from your storm...will try to check in later. Prayers for everyone, Barb

Evilynn
June 1st, 2013, 08:48 AM
Heya quilting buddies!

Day 1 after Chemo 3. What to say. I feel quite good... surprisingly good. What was my worst fear did not happen. I was told that every chemo is worse with the side effects but up to now I am nearly free of sickness. They gave me other pills to be taken extra and they seem to work! Isn't that awesome! I was even able to feed Janna (I do not have to touch her for that, right? ;) I am only holding the spoon and bottle and say: Nam nam! XD) and I am not staying the bed 24/7. This is a great feeling. I have been starting a blog today. The adress is http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi/ if anyone is interested in reading my boring blablblablalbla. I also ordered the Stash Stack Club from Pink Castle fabrics, just because I can. Yes. I received my monthly allowance and decided Ill spend 34 Euros on THAT. Why not? I get 12 FQs - and considered the shipping is international, the price is quite okay! Actually a bargain for Finns. I paid 7 Euro for 5 Fat Eights (which they sold as Fat Quarters in the store.... such a shame) so I think 34 Euro for 12 Fat Quarter is not THAT bad!

Have a nice day everybody!

Hulamoon
June 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
It's so saddening to watch all that is happening. I just can't imagine how stressful it must be. I stress when Sept comes around because that's when hurricane season starts over here. Stay safe:)

Steffie glad the chemo is not making you feel awful and fabric always is a good remedy isn't it!

It feels trivial to mention what I'm up to today with all that's going on, but I'm going to catch up on the secret pal swap today. And repot some plants.

Stay safe:)

ilive2craft2
June 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Good Morning all! The storms eventually get up here, but they seem to split or go around our town - I am very happy about that. Got lots of rain though. More storms are supposed to come this afternoon and could be severe. I am praying for all of the people impacted by these storms.

Won't be able to get out and get the yard work done....hmmmm....what to do? My 5 month old niece is coming over for a bit today - I think she might like to help laying out the flag quilt. :) My sister is have an event with several different home based businesses at her house (Jamberry Nails, Miche, Tastefully Simple, etc), so at some point I will be over there doing some shopping, but helping out with the kids is fun for me. Had the 2 yr old last night for a bit, while she got stuff organized. I just love these kids!

Steffie, so glad to hear that the treatment wasn't so bad this time. It is wonderful that the meds they are giving you for the side effects are working. I know it is so hard for you not to hold Janna right now, but you will get through this!

Off to make some coffee - I slept in this morning, it was heavenly! Have a great day today, no matter what you are doing! Lisa

CrazyMtnLady
June 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Good morning all. We had TONS of rain overnight. Lots of thunder rumbling overhead too. My cat Chester woke me up about 4:30 this morning to go out and when I got back in bed the light I leave on and the security cameras went dark. The security camera started beeping at me just a little after 7:30 this morning so we were without power for about 3 hours. I just got under the covers and went back to sleep!
Lots of really bad weather in Oklahoma and north of me. Prayers for all those affected.

Just talked to DH and he went up to Oakley, MI to visit some of our old friends. He is going to stay there tonight and then go back to Lansing tomorrow. He is going to find move his step-father Michael in with his sister (Michael's sister). He has some friends that are going to help him move some of the furniture and things. Then he is going to get the items he is keeping and come home. So I really expect him to come home towards the end of next week. Unless it takes longer than that to get Michael settled in with his sister. His step-father gave him a ring that his mother wanted him to have, it has a diamond in it. He took it to a jewelery store this morning and they said it was a real diamond but wanted money to appraise it but said it was worth at least $5,000 HolySatBit Batman! It can be worth a lot more. He will get it appraised when he gets back home.
He is going to bring me fabric, thread and at least one sewing machine I think. I will talk to him later and have him tell me what the machines are so I can look them up and tell him which one or ones I want. I guess she had quite a few. Don't know if they work or not. I am hoping one might be an embroidery machine. Or that one has a deeper throat then mine.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

toggpine
June 1st, 2013, 07:08 PM
Holy Cow! We just got back from the HomeDepot. I didn't know how much the wainscoting was going to cost for those two walls. It would have been cheaper to buy another gallon of paint! It better look fabulous!

I'm out digging up that stupid quack grass out of the orchard bed. That stuff sends out runners and pops up all over! I also discovered a nest of baby fennel plants. Apparently the seeds dropped and germinated! Now what to do with them?

I'm refilling the ice water and headed back out to the jungle!
Have a good one!

janluna
June 1st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone! Now it is our turn for severe weather. Right now they are getting hit hard up by Sodus, NY which is on Lake Ontario. They are miles away but we are getting Thunder and dark skies. We are supposed to get hit tomorrow with very severe weather. Possible hail, and maybe a tornado. They said we have all the makings for that kind of weather. I guess it's our turn, although I doubt it will be as bad as OK. and MO. Stay safe everyone. Prayers and Hugs, Jan L.