PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Janome Jem Gold

grannyann
May 31st, 2013, 08:46 PM
On the back is there suppose to be something there to hold your accessories?
Or is this the way they all come. Picture shows the back where something could fit.

Doloris
May 31st, 2013, 10:21 PM
http://content.janome.com/documents/File/ManualFile/inst%20book%20Jem%20Gold%20(660).pdf

I found this pdf of the manual and on page 3 it shows a rear view and it looks like that is how it should be.

grannyann
May 31st, 2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks Delores. It would have been nice to have something to store the accessories in. But I guess that is not standard on these little machines.

bubba
June 1st, 2013, 12:57 AM
It shows the front section is an accessory holder, that is how it is on my Babylock....doesn't it open?

lilmouse
June 1st, 2013, 12:59 AM
On the front there should be a small piece that you pull out that holds any accessories......at least mine did!

grannyann
June 1st, 2013, 01:18 AM
The piece on the front can be removed but the is no place to store anything.

Sharyn J
June 1st, 2013, 01:52 AM
48594That small piece that can be removed is also the storage container. It's small but looks like it would hold a few items.

rebeccas-sewing
June 1st, 2013, 06:57 AM
486104861148612My storage unit is on the front of my Janome Gem Gold. I can't remember for sure but I think my accessories were inside the storage unit in a plastic bag. It definitely doesn't hold a lot but it certainly holds what came with it.

grannyann
June 1st, 2013, 08:39 AM
Thank you so much I see that on mine now. You are right it don't hold much and my little bag of things was in the box. Mystery solved. It is strange that they didn't make one for the back side. Oh well I will find a little storage box and put the kit I ordered in that.
Thank you all .I guess I am just use to all the extras you get on the bigger machines.

MayinJerset
June 1st, 2013, 09:54 AM
Grannyann, I save the plastic boxes that feminine wipes come in and use them to store my sewing machines attachments in. I have one for my Gem Gold, my plain old Brother and even my Pfaff. Pfaff does have a big swing out attachment box but I like to have my cleaning brush, seam ripper and other small items near each machine when I use them. I store the boxes with their machines so they are also ready to go.

grannyann
June 1st, 2013, 10:14 AM
That is a very good idea. Thank you. I have a habit of getting my things lost or mixed up and forgetting what goes to what machine.
Thanks again.

GrammaBabs
June 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM
I have a Jem Platinum,,, have had for several years... and i would not trade that little guy for ANYTHING,, it goes thru most anything and has never let me down... the one thing i do is use "cone" thread on a thread stand with most all my machine... the thread just feeds nicer for me...
This is a great little free arm machine.. especially for making any of those fiddly things, like doll clothes or hair scrunchies... can't say enough about the Janome Jems!!!! oh, and only 12 to 13 lbs.. have taken it to many friends homes and made them some curtains.. on a table or kitchen island!!