PDA

View Full Version : Friday!

Blondie
May 31st, 2013, 06:02 AM

Hello Folksies!

Been up and at 'em for a while, reading some posts waiting on the coffee to drip down. Someone forgot to set the timer last night. Since there are only two of living here and it wasn't me who forgot, you know who.

I got home yesterday afternoon from work and was feeling much more chipper than I expected. I actually went down to Mom's to do some weed whacking around some out buildings, and then up to Cat's to continue to the whacking there of the liriope and daylilies. After dinner (ain't leftovers dandy inventions?), hubs and I were back outside checking on the veggie garden and etc. Huzzah! I slept very well last night.

Poor Luscious will be home this morning when DD drops her 3 dogs off to stay with us the weekend. She and her new hubby are going down to Charleston SC. She is the Maid of Honor at her BFF's wedding on Saturday. She had 2 dogs and has recently taken in a 3rd one from her hub's granny who can no longer care for Max, a sweet sheltie. So, Gracie will be in chi chi helleville and so will Larry. He really doesn't want them in our house for such a long time. Too bad. I love them all - really no trouble, just fiesty. Normally when the pooches come over, the big man is at work. He doesn't consider them "grands" as I do. That's his problem. hehehe

For each one here that is needing an extra prayer, here you go. For the past hour, I have been reading different posts and boy howdy, we have some really serious prayer needs. For those who don't want prayer but need a hug, Big soft squishy hugs to you - and if you just need someone to listen, but don't know who or where to send it, write it all out in an email and either send it to yourself or print it out and burn it up. It is always amazing to realize that others have problems are as bad as your own or worse.

Despite the above paragraph, SMILE anyway.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 31st, 2013, 07:07 AM
Hi everybody! Blondie, since I'm a cat person, a house full of doggies would drive me nuts. My DD came over the other night to hang out with their two big dogs while the realtor was showing their home. The dogs are getting calmer as the years go on, but they are big! Love it when the 80 pound lab decides to step on my foot! He's better than he was as a. Pup, but still has lots of spunk. My cat was inside the dogs were on the deck, and of course the cat sat right next to the patio door, taunting the dogs. Who knows what would have happened if the glass door hadn't been there! And the other DD is babysitting a mother dog and two pups for a week, besides her three big dogs and cat. I'm not going near that zoo if I can avoid it!

Natalie Dawn inspired me with her new tumbler tutorial to try a tumbler quilt. I really don't like the totally scrappy ones, but liked the one where she put white between the tumblers. I have one cut out just this morning, hope to get it put together this morning. It's funny, I'm working all day at the sewing machine, but all I want to do is sew when I get a few minutes, and not dresses, but quilts. Let's see what comes of today's sewing urge!

Prayers to all my forum friends who are in need of extra help from above. Sad for my choir friend who lost her husband after his fall from the school roof. He was a person who lived for his service to the church. He was always there, especially when there was a technical problem to solve. He was wiring up a speaker for festival announcements when he fell. So sad. He will be missed.

Have a great day!

quilter.martha
May 31st, 2013, 07:16 AM
Jean, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. What a tragedy. Life is so short, make it the most each and every day,
'cause we don't know when OUR turn will come.

I'm heading off this morning with my sister and niece who flew in last night for a bird watching expedition up in Bar Harbor/Acadia! We're gonna have a great time finding all kinds of birds. I'm more along for the ride kind of, although I do enjoy identifying birds But my sister is in to it big time and belongs to some national online group for it. She is so enthusiatic in all she does it will be a hoot (ha ha!!) for sure.

So I'll check back in sometime Monday afternoon. Have a great weekend everyone!

Bubby
May 31st, 2013, 07:19 AM
Morning Everyone,

We had monster storms last night...rolling thunder and lightning that wouldn't stop. The wind had our tall pine trees almost tied in knots! It poured rain for several hours and at one point we had hail. As soon as it's daylight we will check for damage. I'm thankful our house is still standing. My trip to Cuba yesterday was tense....such high winds driving I-44. At one point I had to pull off the road and wait for the wind to change direction.

The new mini tumbler template and quilts are cute. I will definitely give one a try. They remind me of my Mom...it was one of her favorites to make. The quilt behind Natalie in the tutorial is the one I have at Reggie's being quilted. Can't wait to get it back. I'm a huge fan of Natalie's designs. I will also be making one of her house quilts (Won't You Be My Neighbor).

I think I will stay home today and do some much needed housework and change our bed. It's still thundering and raining.

Wishing everyone a good Friday. Hugs and Prayers...especially for our Steffie and Lisa.

Monique
May 31st, 2013, 07:31 AM
Good morning friends. We are having the hot, humid weather and I am not complaining. We have waited long enough to have nice weather. I got the table runner sandwiched and sewn around the border. I was trying something different but did not like it so ripped it out. I will get that finished today. Last night I worked on that baby quilt that I am almost finished.

Today the Lionettes are having a book sale so I will take a whole bag full of cookbooks that I no longer need. I will probably take Jersey with me for the drive and stop and show her off to a good friend.

I have a busy weekend ahead, we have a wedding tomorrow and then we are going to see Jodi & Phil and the girls on Sunday. I miss my Maizyn.

My other kids are in Budapest and have a great time.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

MRoy
May 31st, 2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning! Barb, I'm glad to hear you're ok. I hope you didn't have much damage. I've been thinking of all you in the Midwest during the storms. I had plans to sew some yesterday after work but a honey bee popped me on the foot right after I got home and that changed my plans pretty quick. Dang, it hurt! After some ice and Tylenol, I fell asleep and slept 11 hours!
TGIF! Prayers for those going through difficult time, and best wishes to everyone.

bkthomas
May 31st, 2013, 08:43 AM
Blondie, I had to laugh when I read - if you need someone to listen but don't know where to send it.... - I was thinking____ ooh you're in trouble now!
Oh how I laughed when you said send it to yourself or print it out and burn it!!! You're a hoot!
....and the picture today.....girl, we can tell what kind of mood you're in....Look out world, here comes Blondie!

Happy Friday Everyone!

aliaslaceygreen
May 31st, 2013, 09:03 AM
Good morning! Friday and indeed it is, because tomorrow will be a beach day!
Not much else to say, but be good, be happy and be nice!

take care, and take any hugs needed!

MayinJerset
May 31st, 2013, 09:05 AM
This morning started off badly as our coffee maker died! Glad we have one of those K cup machines to fill in until we get a new Mr. Coffee. Blondie, Love your advice about writing it all out and sending it to yourself, very useful psychology tool to get bad stuff off your chest without getting into arguments with others. My sister Louise's psych told her to write letters and then tear them up but she sent them anyway!

Going to my sewing room to finish great grandson's baby quilt and then get dressed and out shopping for some summer clothes. Every weekend in June is already filled up with engagements and I only have one 'dressy' outfit to wear.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
May 31st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Hi all! Blondie if I were any where near you I would hug you to death! You sure know how to lift the spirit! THANK YOU for all that you post on here. I hope one day to be like you. I want to spread cheer where ever I go!
Prayers for all of you who need a gentle touch this morning. And big (((hugs))) too. I know there are better days ahead.
Glad everyone is o.k. after this last batch of storms. I wish you all could send those to us we need the rain. Both of my gardens are about cooked already.
Off to work on a binding, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Mpyles
May 31st, 2013, 09:43 AM
Good morning!!

Runnin late...got caught up on an msqc order...!!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Lonna
May 31st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

And a much better morning it is at least for me. I still have a little pain from my shingles but nothing like last week. I think by next week I should be good as I can get. Last night I worked on my hexie's for the first time in about 3 weeks and it felt so good. Which was about the only thing that was good last night as my dish washer went out. But like I told Wayne it isn't no big thing it only takes me a few mins to wash those dishes I can do it much faster then the machine can.

Wish you all much happiness and peaceful moments through out your day.

kelliedi
May 31st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Good morning fellow quilters

Well the rain refuses to leave us alone. My son jason has the task of watering the neighbors garden while they are on vacay and he has only watered once...and younger son Aaron takes care of the dogs...guess what the dogs are afraid of thunder.......oh well it will all work out. Yesterday would have been my 21st wedding anniversary but that was not to be....tomorrow is my husbands 8th deathaversery and although i feel like i have moved on so to speak this day is hard because i always relive the events that happened then i get pissed off, mad, and bawly.....if any of you longtime widow/widowers have any better advice shoot a PM my way.... I will be busy just to keep busy and we have a new fabric store opening today in our little town...so excited.

everyone have a great day and as blondie says SMILE

GrammaBabs
May 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM
I would love to do Blondie's "Happy Weekend" sign in quilt form... !!!! love it!

CrazyMtnLady
May 31st, 2013, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone.
Had a nice evening last night. My neighbor's husband came down and picked me up and took me to their house for a visit since I am without wheels. Helped Laurie put some of her jigsaw puzzle together and had a couple brews. Then came home and slept like a baby.
But I must have slept to well because my back is sore this morning. We need a new mattress big time.

Things aren't going well in Michigan for DH. His stepfather is taking too much of his medications and was walking around the house naked and stumbling all over. The floors are covered in dog poop! I told Daniel to hang in there, maybe his stepfather will snap out of it with him there. Daniel said if he doesn't straighten up today him and his buddy are going to take him to the ER. It's almost like he is trying to OD on his meds. He has always had a problem and been on anti-depressants and other types of drugs. Hope things are better for him today.

Rainy day in store today. Going to clean and relax today.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

grammakim04
May 31st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Good morning all, today I head to my appointment with the surgeon to find out the date for my gallbladder surgery. Hopefully it is very soon, I'm ready to yank this thing out myself with how sick I have been.

Been busy making tote bags for friends...make some for a craft sale for the Adult Support Program my husband attends and they sold like hot cakes and recd requests for "special ones". Said I would make them only if they made donations to the program. The quilt I donated to their silent auction brought in $500 for their program...was so pleased.

So thankful for my quilting.

Have a wonderful weekend.4855648557

Sandy Navas
May 31st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Oh, what to talk about? Weather? Thunder and lightening (again) about 5ish this morning - no rain. When Al and I got up the sun was out, shining, beautiful blue skies and lots of loose, fluffy white clouds. We made a trip out for Starbucks and by the time we left there it had clouded over and it appears we're going to get another gully washer. We have had so much rain that it is starting to seep in along the edge of the basement floor in one place. We have a commercial grade carpet downstairs and it is glued down. Whenever it gets the least bit wet it SMELLS - like cat urine. How do you get rid of that? So offensive. Heading down shortly to hook up a space heater to try to dry it out.

Kids - who wants one (or two or three)? Al and I went out to dinner last night and when we went to bed last night we realized that our BR TV had been set on a kids channel. I casually asked this morning if anyone knew who had been watching TV in Nana and Papa's bedroom but the only one who would own up to it was Agnes. ME, ME, ME. Mom and Dad went grocery shopping so they think they don't need to do anything but watch TV. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! How can such sweet little things be such monsters?

I guess it is truly time for me to write that letter to myself. I told Al this morning on the way back from coffee that I didn't like the person I was turning into . . . he assured me he still loves me. He's headed out shortly for his trip to Jeff City to take his interpreter's exam and I elected to stay home. Later I found out there's a fantastic quilt show in Jeff City starting this afternoon . . . and here I sit. Of course, I could change my mind and go with him but I won't. Unfortunately the weather coupled with scraps of paper, dirty socks, cartoons, and crumbs from toast have a way of weighing me down and I sure wouldn't be any good company or even enthusiastic support for him.

Who wanted to hear all that this morning? I can't burn this because . . . well, I can't.

I pray for those who are having health and wealth issues (and who isn't) and hope the sun comes out. TOMORROW!!

p.s. The kids are still up for offering . . .

toggpine
May 31st, 2013, 12:13 PM
Morning.
The paint is done in the back bedroom. Now for hubby to get to the wainscoting. I got part of the kitchen ceiling painted. There is a bumped up dormer window, and the edges of that made a nice stopping place. The rest will have to wait until I can get in and wash the walls. Hubby's extensive shot glass collection will need to be taken down to finish painting the kitchen. Ugh.

Next up is to dig out the closet organizer and start to measure out where that will go. I can't wait to get some of this stuff actually put away.

You all have a good day.

Granny Judy
May 31st, 2013, 02:36 PM
It's about time I got myself here and let ya know I love ya all.....even with your problems and heavy burdens.
Sandy, Kids grow up, just takes a few years and lots of grey hair. Try to see things from their point of view. You can replace "things" but never the "moments" I promise you'll look back some day and have a good laugh about all the Crumbes.
Grammakim04, I hope your surgery gets here real soon.... nothing like having Gallbladder attacks to ruin all our good intentions. I had mine out years ago (when they still "cut" you open) but it was so much better after I healed. I know you are gonna do great and not miss it.
Donna, I feel for you DH and his problem parent. It isn't easy dealing with an adult that acts like a "demon from beyond". Yes, take him to the ER.. get him "cleaned" up and possibly assisted living help. It's very clear that the man cannot live alone nor be trusted with his medication. No amount of "talking" can get him snapped out of this episode.
Jean, I got a big smile out of the doggy news.. and saying a prayer for your Church Family. One never knows when tragedy will strike..
Martha, I wish I was going with you on your Bird Watch Trip.. Sounds like you are gonna have a great time, watching your sista watch for birds..
Bubby, Glad you are surviving all this rain and stormy weather. I like to work on a quilt project when the weather is too bad to be outside enjoying some sunshine. The mini tumbler sounds like a great project for those rainy days.
Monique, sounds like you have some great Memories in the making. Take lots of pictures and share the news with us, please!! Remember, I cry at weddings....
Myrna, I hope you are over the bee sting and back to normal. Those "bites" really hurt and do a number on us. You really deserve some down time after a full day at work but not with the pain.
Kathy, Trish, you girls really make my day.. I needed that hug and smile you helped put on my face, Thank YOU!
May, A shopping trip sounds like a great outing.. enjoy and I hope you find the perfect outfits for your weekend happenings. I never seem to find things that fit me these days. I need a shop that has clothes for a pumpkin shape..
Michelle, I grabbed one of those hugs of yours.. Sure helped my day feel better and me happier.

AND
Blondie,
You light up my life.. with your wit, courage and humor. You have a great week end and enjoy the get togethering with pets and people...
I hope I didn't miss anyone, but just in case... Here's prayers for you and the joy You bring to this world-- esp mine!!.