PDA

View Full Version : My Baby Boy

Meli
May 31st, 2013, 05:29 AM
I was never blessed with children of my own. Instead, God sent me "Almost Children". Six of them, to be exact. My three stepsons, my nephew Adam (who has recently adopted me as "mom"), and my best friend's son and daughter, Nik and Emi. Of those children, Nik has a very special place in my heart.

His mom, Marti, and her husband were living in my basement when he was conceived. She told her husband, then she told me, and then told her family. She involved me in every step of the process of her pregnancy. And I was there when he was born. Because of everyone's work schedules, it worked out that I could be the nanny. I took care of him 12 hours a day, 4 - 5 days a week. I became the "Other Mama". I saw him nearly every day of his life until he was about 3, when I was forced to go get a real job due to financial constraints. His parents invited me to all his "firsts". His mom is my heart-sister. We sound alike and have been told by complete strangers that we look alike. We don't, really, but it's kind of fun to hear.

Yesterday, my baby boy graduated high school. Today he turns 18. I have been so amazingly blessed to be involved in his life and I am so excited to see what the future holds for him. But, oh! how I wish he were still that little baby boy that stole my heart and became my first real Almost Child.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 31st, 2013, 05:32 AM
How wonderful that you have shared your life with so many children. Congratulations to your almost son on his graduation and happy birthday to him!

nana margaret
May 31st, 2013, 05:48 AM
That's a wonderful story and congratulations to your "baby boy" on his graduation. You have, and will continue to be, a major part of his life and I'm sure that when he's older and has a family of his own you'll be involved with them too.

Miss Sheri
June 1st, 2013, 12:09 AM
Meli, Congratulations! Thank you for sharing that sweet story, my heart just melted. What a beautiful time for you.

sewbizzy
June 1st, 2013, 12:33 AM
Meli, thanks for sharing and congratulations to Nik on his graduation!!!

phoots
June 1st, 2013, 12:46 AM
Meli, how sweet! Congratulations on his graduation and happy birthday!

Pam in Vegas