PDA

View Full Version : JANOME JS1008-SE SPECIAL EDITION SEWING MACHINE

Grandma G
May 30th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Anyone know anything about this machine? It is currently listed (and still available) on Craig's List for $95.00. Description states it is in excellent condition. Only used twice. Comes with power cord and foot peddle but no additional attachments. What do you think??

Auntpiggylpn
May 31st, 2013, 10:56 AM
I'm a Janome fan so take this for what it is worth. It is a very basic machine. The harp isn't very big. It is going to depend on what you want to use it for. I sew on a smaller Janome but I don't make anything larger than a large throw. I suggest you go try it out and see if you like how it works. It won't come with a lot if extras because it is a basic machine. Take some thread and fabric with you and give it a test run. Find out why they have only sewn on it twice. If you like it, offer them $75. They will either take it or counter offer. My father always told me the listed price is a suggestion!

Grandma G
May 31st, 2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks for your input. I couldn't find anything on line about it and figured for that price it must be a basic machine. I have a basic machine now that suits my purpose. My DH keeps telling me to look at machines that would better fit my needs such as a much larger harp and some embroidery functions. Since the location of the Janome is about 60 miles from me I guess I would be better off saving my money and start doing some serious looking for an upgrade. When I saw "Janome" I got really excited.

Thanks again for responding to my post. Your wisdom is much appreciated!

Gerri

I'm a Janome fan so take this for what it is worth. It is a very basic machine. The harp isn't very big. It is going to depend on what you want to use it for. I sew on a smaller Janome but I don't make anything larger than a large throw. I suggest you go try it out and see if you like how it works. It won't come with a lot if extras because it is a basic machine. Take some thread and fabric with you and give it a test run. Find out why they have only sewn on it twice. If you like it, offer them $75. They will either take it or counter offer. My father always told me the listed price is a suggestion!

Auntpiggylpn
May 31st, 2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your input. I couldn't find anything on line about it and figured for that price it must be a basic machine. I have a basic machine now that suits my purpose. My DH keeps telling me to look at machines that would better fit my needs such as a much larger harp and some embroidery functions. Since the location of the Janome is about 60 miles from me I guess I would be better off saving my money and start doing some serious looking for an upgrade. When I saw "Janome" I got really excited.

Thanks again for responding to my post. Your wisdom is much appreciated!

Gerri

I think you have made a wise decision! I too am saving for a bigger Janome like the 7700.