PDA

View Full Version : Update on DD Bethany, foster mom

cyndiofthevortex
May 30th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Many of you have prayed for Bethany and her foster kids (and donated quilts to the kids!) so I thought I'd give you an update. Prayers are still appreciated!

Right now DD and her husband have a 2 year old named Christopher. He has essentially been abandoned by his mother, who has seen him only once in three months, although the state has arranged to pick her up at her door for visits. She has many excuses. His father is in jail. It is all very sad. We are thankful that he is too young to know what is going on.

Christopher is a joy to be around. We love him! We are getting to watch him grow as he learns from his older "brothers," B's two adopted sons. He learns new words every day. My favorite this week is "Grammie!" We get to witness many firsts in his life. Today he played in a sprinkler for the first time! I wish I did not have to blur his face as he smiled from ear to ear. Here are two pictures of him from this morning. What a fun time they all had!

Sew Perfect
May 30th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Love these pics! Thanks for sharing with out; I am still keeping everyone in my thoughts.

Sharyn J
May 30th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Cyndi, what a joy to see the smile on that little guy. He is truly blessed to have your family to look out for him. It looks like the boys are great company and these are truly heartwarming memories for all. God Bless you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

auntiemern
May 30th, 2013, 04:56 PM
What a happy little boy he is becoming. All of you are blessed to have each other. I always have your family in my prayers. It takes special people to do what you all do.

pcbatiks
May 30th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Great pictures..........glad he is doing so well with your family!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks so much for sharing Chrstopher's story and pictures with us. You just can't understand why parents just turn their backs on their kids. My ex SIL has done that to his kids. His daughter who he saw once when she was 7 months old ( she'll soon be 8), asked me last week why he did this. What was I to say? It's very hard on the kids once they realize te abandonment by a parent. Luckily, my grandkids have a wonderful mom and adopted mom!

Sandy Navas
May 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks for sharing, Cyndi. I do believe your Bethany is quite a remarkable person.

Monique
May 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM
What a lucky little boy to have 'landed in your lap'. There is no doubt he will get the love he so needs.

ilive2craft2
May 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the update! Amazing how quickly a child blossoms when in a loving environment. Bethany is a special person. Lisa

Ladybug1938
May 30th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Nice looking family of boys...

Miss Sheri
May 30th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Cyndi, what a happy morning! And I can't think of a nicer word to learn than Grammie. . . It reminds me of a Family Circus cartoon I saw once. Bobbie is asking for a cookie and his mother asks, "What do you say to get what you want...?" Bobbie gets a knowing smile and shouts joyfully... GRANDMA!"

WendyI
May 30th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks for sharing those pics...your daughter is truly special for doing what she does. I simply am incapable of wrapping my head around this...how any parent can abandon a child is beyond me but a mother in particular has a special bond with their baby...I simply cannot fathom losing my child. I know I would never survive his loss...so when I see someone do this, my brain won't let me understand it...I just...can't. Again...I am in awe of folks who can do this for people who cannot.