PDA

View Full Version : Pillowcases for Oklahoma

MayinJerset
May 30th, 2013, 09:34 AM
PIllowcase Power in Oklahoma‏

I am a co-cordornator of my Guild's Project Pillowcases and received the following message from Cindy Kerr, who organized ConKerrCancer in memory of her son who passed away from cancer.

The Power of a Pillowcase Needed in Oklahoma

My first reaction when I heard about the Oklahoma tornado was concern that Glo, our local coordinator, was okay, My second thought was, what can ConKerr do to help her community? While our main focus is children with serious illnesses, we recently found through our Sandy Hook donation that our pillowcases can bring great comfort to others in need.

13,000 homes were heavily damaged or destroyed by the tornado that ripped through Oklahoma including almost the entire town of Moore. Please help ConKerr Cancer provide a pillowcase, a smile and some love to these families(children and adults) who have been so devastated. The Stitching Post Quilt Shop has graciously offered to collect the pillowcases and distribute them to the families. Please mail pillowcases as soon as possible to:

The Stitching Post
5928 NE 16th St
Okla City, OK. 73127

Donations for fabric and shipping costs are also greatly appreciated.
Please pass along to everyone you know.... Let's deliver 13,000 smiles!

auntiemern
May 30th, 2013, 01:59 PM
You know I'm in. Thanks for the info.

sewmuch2learn
May 30th, 2013, 02:20 PM
thank you so much for this information. I have been wondering how to help through fabric.

MayinJerset
May 30th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Just received additional info that will be very helpful to The Stitching Post

Please put the total number of pillowcases on the outside of the box and The Stitching Post will keep track of the number.

Hulamoon
May 30th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I was curious about pillow case donations. Is there someone that donates the pillows?

K. McEuen
May 30th, 2013, 09:44 PM
There are some people that may just use the pillowcases to carry their belongings at this point. They don't have houses, so pillows probably aren't high on the list of priorities right now.

asta
May 30th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the info, count me in.
Beth

Hulamoon
May 30th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks Karen! I've been in the doldrums with sewing as of late so this is a perfect pick me up! Before I start that frog. lol

Annav
June 4th, 2013, 06:55 AM
I love making pillow cases, and I have several cut out and ready to sew. Count me in as well!

Blondie
June 4th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Thank you May! Will be heading to the PO this week