PDA

View Full Version : I really messed up...

Sew Perfect
May 30th, 2013, 04:34 AM
I was finishing up a project I had been working on...just had to finish up the quilting part. I should have already had it done and sent out to the person I'm making it for, but things have been so crazy around my house for the past month or so. In fact, I haven't even been able to sew until yesterday.

I finally was able to get my quilting thread. I was moving right along, it was looking so nice, but then I messed it up really bad on the border. I just can't believe it! I am so disheartened about it, but I ended up just cutting off the borders. Now, I am waiting for some of my fabric to be delivered to my house, so I can put another border on and hopefully do it the right way without messing things up again.

Trial and error, right?

Poppytree
May 30th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Oh, poor you - how frustrating. Hope it goes well once you get your new fabric.

wendyw1
May 30th, 2013, 06:02 AM
I have done something very similar to that, isn't it annoying and frustrating!!! Good luck on your take two......

bkthomas
May 30th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Awww...Man!!! I hate when that happens!

nana margaret
May 30th, 2013, 06:14 AM
I feel your pain, I really made a mess of my grandson's cot quilt, the one thing I wanted to be perfect. I'm sure it'll be second time lucky for you when you try again.

Tanya D
May 30th, 2013, 02:10 PM
That is very frustrating. I'm sure you won't make the same mistake twice.

Sew Perfect
May 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I was trying do that bubble design like Leah Dayn but mine didn't turn Out at all.

Swedish leo
May 30th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I think the borders are the hardest part of a quilt to quilt. If you know what I mean

There are just not fabric enough to hold on to when quilting so it is real easy to mess them up.

I am sorry for you but preserver and you will conquer that quilting

Hugs

Annika

ilive2craft2
May 30th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Misa, I am sure that take two will turn out. I know how frustrating it is when you are on a deadline, almost done and then mess it up. I just had some issues on swap projects myself - I had several Tim Gunn moments "make it work". Lisa

WendyI
May 30th, 2013, 10:48 PM
that's gotta be frustrating...so sorry this happened. But I bet in the end you'll love it best!