May 30th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Amen!
So true!

Iris Girl
May 30th, 2013, 05:51 AM
That says it all . thank you for sharing

nana margaret
May 30th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Wonderful words and oh so true, this brought tears to my eyes.

Monique
May 30th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Thank you so much for sharing.

Bubby
May 30th, 2013, 07:17 AM
So true, so true!

MRoy
May 30th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Oh yes...I agree! Thanks for sharing Marilyn

Blondie
May 30th, 2013, 07:38 AM
it should continue on past babyhood - to how during the teen years you could kill or banish them or at least duct tape their mouths, and then when they leave home for college, military or . . . it reverts back to the mother/baby feelings. Yep. Everyone forgets about the teen years until they happen. lol.

Thanks Marilyn - I really do love this one.

Andrea F
May 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Thatīs so sweet. And itīs so true. As well as the part with the teen years Blondie mentioned :D

Miss Sheri
May 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM
It really is remarkable and shocking to discover how much more we can love once a child is introduced. I loved the tenderness of that message, thanks for sharing.

WendyI
May 30th, 2013, 10:49 AM
well that was good for some tears this morning.

GrammaBabs
May 30th, 2013, 10:57 AM
and it never stops...
i'm blessed to have heard from my DD (a challenge in her teens and 20's)...."Mother, i don't know how you did it,, how did you stand me.."! my reply.. you hang in there and usually what happens is that somewhere down the road... they reach the point where they turn into YOU and then you get to sit back and tear up with pride!!!!!

Sandy Navas
May 30th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Duct tape on their mouth? How about duct-taping them to the ceiling? Nothing better than three little ones who woke this morning, ran into our computer room yelling "Nana, Papa" and needing hugs before breakfast. Pure joy.

GrammaBabs
May 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
After some "adjustments" i think i just might find that type of morning a pure blessing!!!! Hugs to you dear friend... your a very special lady!!!! B
Duct tape on their mouth? How about duct-taping them to the ceiling? Nothing better than three little ones who woke this morning, ran into our computer room yelling "Nana, Papa" and needing hugs before breakfast. Pure joy.

Grandma G
May 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
it should continue on past babyhood - to how during the teen years you could kill or banish them or at least duct tape their mouths, and then when they leave home for college, military or . . . it reverts back to the mother/baby feelings. Yep. Everyone forgets about the teen years until they happen. lol.

Thanks Marilyn - I really do love this one.

Someone once told me that when your children are little they step on your toes and when they grow older they step on your heart.

I was very fortunate that my two sons, for the most part, never gave me any trouble. Some of my friends were not so lucky.

Marilyn's "Before I Was a Mom" is beautiful. I just sent it to my daughter-in-law.