PDA

View Full Version : I did it again!

Lindagie
May 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I swore I would not buy any more fabric or start on any new project until I finished all of my umpteen UFOs. Well, I couldn't pass up a daily deal and some neutrals last week and then found some yardage on another site to go with my Salt Water and Pirouette jelly rolls that I bought at MSQC a while back.
Yesterday I was rummaging through some scraps and found a jelly roll, some background yardage and a pattern from several years ago that I had forgotten about; it was the very first jelly roll that I bought. The fabric line is Spring Meadow by Moda and the pattern is called Jelly Roll Jive. It is a pinwheel type block.
Anyway, today I decided to cut out some of the pieces and see what a block looked like; so far I have 12 blocks put together. The pattern has 25 blocks, but I think I will make it longer if I have enough strips. We will see how it all turns out. My biggest problem may be finding fabric for the outer border, since this fabric line is probably not available any longer. I'll figure that out later. Just add one more thing to my list of "works in progress". I hope I'm not the only one who does this.:o :lol:

Judy, USMC
May 29th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Lindagie - you are not alone - I'm right there with you! "Finding" yardage is my specialty since it's usually packed away with a multitude of UFOs.

quiltingtrish
May 29th, 2013, 11:18 PM
If you didn't buy the NEW stuff, you probably wouldn't have found the OLD stuff so soon! Haha! I've done that. In fact, just tonight I was looking for my directions to make those little snap measuring tape bags and found other stuff I forgot about.

Hugs,

ilive2craft2
May 29th, 2013, 11:32 PM
I have found different cuts of the same fabric in different bags, from different quilt shops - I know that I really like it, right? :) I need to organize......

Lindagie
June 1st, 2013, 03:09 PM
I bought 5 yards of Ivory a few weeks ago and then found 5 yards that I had bought before. DUH! Oh well, I can always use that for backgrounds/sashings and borders. After making 14 blocks on this pinwheel pattern, I decided to make some baby quilts instead of a larger quilt. They will make nice girl quilts; I can use one and add the other one to the PICU tops that I have.