PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you made this?

Madeforyouinma11
May 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I absolutely love this! I looked at the template and I'm not sure I totally understand it. I was just wondering if any of you have made this or own the template and could explain how it is actually used. Thanks for any info you can give.
http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com/2012/10/ornate-mini-quilt-new-pattern.html

shannonsaulter
May 29th, 2013, 03:15 PM
That looks amazing never seen that pattern before...

auntiemern
May 29th, 2013, 03:23 PM
That is pretty, but don't plan on doing anything with curves for a while. Maybe someday, when I have time, to just take my time with a quilt.

GuitarGramma
May 29th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I've done a similar pattern. I got the templates from Nancy Elliot MacDonald. Her method is called "practically pinless" and you really only use two pins for each curve. You can search for her method on YouTube. You can also see my quilt, "Terri's in Heaven," in my 2013 UFO album in my profile. (I can't post it here because I'm on my tablet and it won't let me copy the URL. Sorry.)

It's really a fun and quick method of doing curves. Hope you try it!

Denis
May 29th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Any Drunkard's Path Template will let you do the quilt the blogger is featuring. She just explained how she always loses her templates, so she combined the two of them into one. Instead of a seperate "L" shape and a "pie" shape, she made 2 pie shapes taking into consideration the concave curve (innyie) with 1/4" seam allowance to make it convex (outtie).

Madeforyouinma11
May 29th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the info...it's definitely on my list of quilts that I want to make.
Toni, your quilt is very pretty and I really like the angels too...very nice idea.

Miss Sheri
May 30th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Denis, you Rock! You are just too dang smart for my skill level, reading your post sounded like you knew exactly the thing to do but it all sounded greek to me, hahaha. As for me, if I were to attempt anything like that darling patern, I would do it ALL in applique'.