PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Again

Blondie
May 29th, 2013, 06:49 AM

Hello Folksies! Happy Wednesday!!

Both Luscious and I are both moving a wee bit slower this morning; stretching out those protesting muscles from all the digging and planting yesterday. We are both very active people, so we are both a bit surprised we are as sore as we are. Oh well, a few stretches this morning and we will be back outside, enjoying the day.

I need to get down to Mom's and finish cleaning out one flower bed. I have been neglecting it because it has some poison ivy in there - not good for most of us; my BIL and SIL do not seem to be affected by it, so I have been waiting on one of them to help. I think I will drag my BIL by the ear and show him exactly where I need him to pull. lol.

Last evening I was reading here and saw a post about the jewelbox quilt and then went on an adventure looking up the template by jaybird quilts. After looking at the templates, I realized once again just how dense I am. I do not understand the dynamics of this ruler. Such a fun looking quilt! I went to bed with a few magazines and a heating pad - a/c blasting away. What a combo! Folksies, that is about as close to sewing and quilting as I will be getting in the near future I am thinking. As long as the weather holds out like this, I need to be outside. Such a long, cold and WET winter, I am sure you understand. By the time fall arrives I will have an extra long wish list! Still working on some SS Swap things - now that is fun.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Look at the picture below and smile. Kinda reminds of of old Laurel and Hardy movies where Hardy would say, This is another fine mess you've gotten us into. Now that I've reminded you of two of my favorite funny men, smile again. It isn't that the good old days were so good. It is that we survived what we never thought we would and from the distance of a few years, that fuzzy glow of nostalgia makes everyone daft enough to smile.

Hugs, Blessings, Prayers and lots of smiles for each one reading this.

twnkeyes
May 29th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Good morning Blondie and all fellow forum members!

I'm not usually up this early so can't believe I'm the first to respond to Blondie. I did not sleep well AT ALL this night! Not sure why just woke wide awake at 3 after tossing and turning up to that point. Not sure what's going on. I hope to have a nap this afternoon, we'll see if that happens.

I hope you all have a great day with lots of sunshine!

MRoy
May 29th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Good morning! I was a little sore yesterday from my yard work on Monday and I'm a lot sore this morning. My benders and lifters aren't working very well. LOL! No sewing yesterday, worked late, then off to Big Lots to get more charm packs for my Falling Charm blocks. I thought I had plenty but I must have hid them from myself. Then supper to cook-roast, corn, green beans and hoecakes. It'll be leftovers tonight.

We're having beautiful weather here, but I hear there are terrible storms in the Midwest again. Praying for safety for all who live there.

quilter.martha
May 29th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Morning all! It's a dark and rainy morning here. I tell you, this has been the coldest May I can remember. We had the heat on and a fire in the fireplace all weekend long. It is supposed to warm up starting tomorrow and I'll be so glad to see it happen. My sister and our niece are coming here for the 3 of us to head up to Bar Harbor, Maine for a bird festival this weekend. We're gonna have a great time spotting birds from the ocean, land and air! Looking forward to it, but oh, I hope the weather behaves.

I just posted pics of my finished sewing room! I have waited for a room of my own for soooo long. I absolutely love the room and could spend every minute up there. But not today--I have to clean the house to be ready for my company,

Have a great day everyone!

bkthomas
May 29th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Well, I was supposed to go to sleep a long time ago - this is a bad habit I have really got to break! At least I took a shower - so that is done at least - My DD said I have to go with when she takes the kids to school this morning (in about 3 hours) it is Morgans last day of kindergarten and they are having graduation - then on the 6th of June Sierra graduates from 6th grade - I never had that when I was a kid! Oh well, wonder if I can squeeze in a little nap first - probably not - that ought to fix this bad habit of playing all night on my computer!

Well gang, have a nice Wednesday!!!!

Bubby
May 29th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be a nice day here weatherwise. We tied up our tomatoes plants last night just in case the storm they predicted came to pass - fortunately it missed us.

This morning I have an appointment with a new dentist. I like my old one just fine but her prices are sky high and we have no dental insurance. It's out of pocket all the way for us. I know I lost two fillings and that's just for starters. I would reschedule, but I've done that already twice.

I painted at the old house yesterday and got my part of the dining room done. Jeff will paint the woodwork this weekend. I do just fine painting - it's all the getting up and down off the floor that gets me. Some things are better left with the younger generation

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday with Hugs....

shermur
May 29th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mornin', darlin's! Got my order from MSQC yesterday and hopefully this weekend can get more on child #3 quilt! Plus, must help daughter finish the bindingon the baby quilt she made...the baby shower is the 8th! Navy daughter, Ashley is in port and should be calling sometime today...hopefully!

Monique
May 29th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Good morning everyone. It is a rainy kind of day today. I really need to find a spot in the yard for my magnolia tree. Blondie, I agree about wanting to be outside, but around here the black flies and mosquitoes are really bad. Jersey has been bitten really bad between the hind legs. At least with this rainy weather we can stay in. We were out only long enough for her to do her jobs. We had to kick her out of our bed last night. She takes up most of the bed and then she kicked hubby in the back. He brought her bed in and she slept on it the rest of the night. I took my mother-in-law shopping with me yesterday. I did buy a lawn mower although no grass cutting today. I also stopped at Denis' (yes, our Denis here) shop and bought backing for a table runner I need to finish.

My family doctor is sick and will be off at least a year. I believe he suffered a heart attack but no one is talking. Anywho, I stopped at the office yesterday to find out what to do if I need a doc. All I have to do is call the office and they have other doctors covering, which is a relief. My December appointment has been cancelled and they will reschedule for me. I told them I refuse to see one of the docs in the office. Can't stand him. Noted in my file. Now I do have an appointment on Monday night because I have a little lump on my chest, sort of a skin tag but it is bugging me and thought is should be looked at. Piece of mind if nothing else.

Does anyone watch the Young & Restless? Did you watch the tribute yesterday to Jeanne Cooper? I did not but heard it was very emotional. I am way behind and have been tapping all the shows.

Kathy, how in the devil can you stay up all night? Not me. I can't do it.

Well I need to get something done around here. Have a wonderful day friends.

Mpyles
May 29th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Good morning!

I love Wednesdays, the day before my Thursday off!!

Last night I worked on piecing some "school days" material for a tote I am working on. I also sewed some pillowcases together for a coworker of my dd for a body pillow. I was about to head for bed when I went into the kitchen to find my DH standing in there trying to drink a glass of milk and sweating profusely. Seems with our low calorie diet that he took too much insulin before going to bed. I coaxed him over to the other side of the kitchen where I got him to eat a peanut butter cookie and check his blood sugar. It was 53!!! His sugar normally is around 200 with insulin.

Well after a few fig newtons and some more milk I got him into a chair, where if he did konk out on me I could at least help him. We checked his sugar again and it had gone up to 77. Once we leveled out a bit, and I got him back into reality we talked about his dose before bed and how it should be adjusted. It seems he did adjust it some, just not enough. If you are a diabetic or live with one I am sure you understand this. It's a scary time, as when his sugar gets low he becomes like a drunk ...non responsive and on occasion belligerent. Thank goodness the latter was not the case last night. My husband is an extremely large man, if he were to hit the ground or even start in that direction I could not help him. DS was at his girlfriends and dd was at a friends. This is a rare occurrence as he watches it closely but...goodness it scares the heck out of me everytime it happens!

Blondie enjoy your yard again today! Myrna my benders and lifters seem to never work anymore! Kathy do we need to take your computer away?

Well, off to work I should go...everyone have a great day!!

debi weaver
May 29th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning, Blondie and forum! Up early to spend time focusing on the daily Presence in my life! Enjoyed some quiet hours of reading with coffee mug in hand. Thought I'd pop over and say hi to ones I've neglected for a long time. Spring sure makes the body busy and sore. I'm right there with you, Blondie!
We've had a week of cold and rain! I worked outside whenever the rains held off for an hour or two!
Yesterday looked like late evening throughout the entire day with clouds hanging dark and menacing. They broke by evening with torrential rains and gusting winds. The trees really whipped as the thunder roared, so I know we'll have branches to cleanup this morning! I still have several pots to plant, winter debris to sweep away, and a patio to clean and arrange. The clouds are still lingering overhead this morning, but as far as I know, the tornado activity is over. It missed our dear city and veered north, after a few touchdowns in Kansas. It seems like our mid-west whirling winds hit all in one month!
Our SS class is supposed to meet at the home of an elderly widow this evening. We're planning to clean her yard of debris and help her a little with hanging limbs and raking. I love it when we hang out together and do something nice for a neighbor! It will be a sweet time even though the work will make us sore another day!
Despite the storm clouds, I hope to pot a few flowers sometime today, but if the rain falls again, there's always sewing to do! I'm working on my butterflies garden swap blocks. I decided to make a picket fence to border the floral fabrics. You can see a sample block at my blog: http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com/2013/05/butterflies-in-garden-fence-post-block.html#gpluscomments
Have a blessed day all...!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 29th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone! I got up early today to bind my Americana Quilt that I started Friday. Was going to do it last night, but my job is whipping my butt lately, and I come home and collapse in the chair. Last night, I fell dead asleep in my chair during the finals of the Voice, so I don't know who got kicked off (heard some news of it this morning). Then I went right to bed, so 4 a.m. was my wake up time. Got the binding done in about an hour--all by machine for this gal!

Monday, I was working on my quilt, and I had walked away from the sewing room, with the iron that has automatic shut off still plugged in. All of a sudden, all of the smoke detectors in my house when off, and I have 11 of them, it was quite alarming! Could't figure out what set them off, then I went back into the sewing room, and the iron was stinking up the place big time! Guess the auto shut off feature is broken, and it was plenty hot! So, out it goes to the trash, don't want to take a chance on burning down the house with a faulty iron!

My colleague at work called me and warned me that a "mad as a hornet" mother of a bridesmaid is coming in at 10 to deal with what she considers an ill-fitting dress. The colleague isn't coming in until 1, so I get to battle the irate parent! This is what I hear is the definite downside to bridal salons, the irate and overly emotional customers! It is a special day, and the bridal attire is very expensive, so they want it right. We have one dress from hell, a bridal gown. The bride did not like the way it fit after its first alteration, another person worked on it to fit it better. Then the hem won't lay straight, and there was a pinpoint ink spot on the train. In getting an ink spot off a satin gown, the remedy caused a circle spot, barely visible, except to the customer! We all skirt around the dress, afraid to touch it! I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but the customer should get a refund along with her dress, IMHO! So far, most of my customers have been happy. Most of them!

Have a great day everyone! All you gardeners, have fun planting and weeding. And Blondie, stay away from the PI, that stuff is nasty! Best let the BIL get exposed, just to test if he is really not allergic to it!

meemeecyn
May 29th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Good wonderful morning, all you special people! Things here have been a bit discombobulated, but occasionally get in to read about some of the happenings. New baby Audrey is doing well and Mama is healing nicely. We've taken the older sisters overnight to give the new parents a break. Still waiting on DH's results. One day at a time is our motto!

Been making pillowcases for children who have same day surgery at our local hospital. The Aux. was asked to do this project and it has been so much fun. I think we are up to 40 by now!

Have missed my daily Forum dose, but think of you all so very often. Thank you for the PM's and words of support, encouragement and love!

Will go now and try and get caught up on threads and group updates.

Cynthia

MayinJerset
May 29th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Good Morning Friends, Raining again today and it feels more like Winter than Spring. We are supposed to get a heat wave the rest of the week, not my favorite type of weather so I'd take more rain if I could.

Finishing baby quilt for great grandson this morning. Also need to work on the little scrappy baby quil intended for DIL's new nephew. I had some pink fabrics all ready cut out for this quilt when everyone was surprised that DIL's new neice turned out to be a nephew! Have a nice day, May48414

Jean Sewing Machine
May 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48402&d=1369820034

Caption: now what?

Sandy Navas
May 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Great morning everyone. Recovering from a torrential rain coupled with several bouts of marble-sized hail last night. I love these rain storms but GEE, I would like it to warm up a bit and feel like summer for a day or so.

Managed another couple blocks for my wonky house quilt. Brainstormed with a couple granddaughters last night and think I need one that is a tee-pee (at least they think so). I have 11 blocks now - trying to decide if I want to sash and offset them and make a real quilt or a lap quilt. Think I will go with the lap size as I have other projects staring me in the face. Of course, when I am interrupted (my train of thought is easily side-tracked) so often I feel as if I can't accomplish everything I set out to do.

And so, I leave you with good thoughts, lots of energy (YEAH!) and I'll be working on those Benders and Lifters (thanks for that chuckle, Myrna). Prayers to all in need - even if you don't know it. I'm thinking good thoughts of so many of you today as I keep my forum friends close to my heart. May you all be blessed with a wonderful day.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/laurel-and-hardy-dancing-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/laurel.hardy.dancing-emoticon-3897.html)

WendyI
May 29th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Morning all...just a quick hello then off to get my tea and get some work done.

Myrna,...I gotta ask...what the heck are hoecakes?!

I'm a bit exhausted this morning....all this wonky weather has been wreaking havoc on my arthritis or whatever the heck it is I have. Diabetes sure sounds scarey...I'm glad he didn't fall down.

Jean you're a better gal than me...once I retire...I'm DONE! NO more working for me. Only 18 more years! uhg.

Hope everyone has a great day!

buckeyequilter
May 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM

Gosh it seems like forever since I've posted anything...but life happens.

I'm working on the churn dash quilt for my sister and it's going slow....only have 10 more blocks to make so I hope to get a few of those done tonight. I think I'm going to take my machine off the frame and adjust the hopping foot and then put a quilt top up there and get it done. My other sister has decided that she would like a snails trails quilt - so I'm going to give that a try.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

aliaslaceygreen
May 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Good morning! I so wish I could get my garden to the place where I wanted to go out there, but I have to admit that the biggest block is that it gets too darned hot too soon and it's not a shade garden! By now, 10 am its hovering near 80...going up over 90 all week...and in order to have done anything strenuous out there, I would have had to get up early on my day off and work before relaxing with my coffee...and somehow?? I just don't see it happening!!
So, I will just have grand plans and baby steps.... I WILL go out and trim the jasmine, plant the butterfly plant and rake under the rose bush... but that will be it...

Then come inside, and finish up the top of the wisteria quilt I started a few weeks back, now that I have the fabric I need!

Have a great day, Lisapc if you are peeking in, know we are thinking of you!!

CrazyMtnLady
May 29th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Good morning... just stopping in to say hello. will try and get back on and really read the post later. I am trying to get things packed up for DH.. he is still sleeping but I think he wants to get on the road today. I still have to make sandwiches and pack his cooler. I have most of his clothes and things ready to go. I will be glad when he gets on the road and I can relax a bit.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Renate
May 29th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Hi dears,

it is only some minutes to go and than it is closing time in our office. Here it is like in April, sunshine, storm, rain, each weather in the same time. Good time for quilting - I am with a new pattern at the moment just triying out a little bit. I am looking forward to tomorrow, I am invited at an "UFO" group of the quilt store I like to go and buy my fabric. I will tell you tomorrow after comming back how it was ....

Have a great day
Renate

auntiemern
May 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Glad to hear DH is ok, that must have scared the heck you. I know I have scared DH a time or 2. I'm not diabetic but hypoglycemic. Had a full blown seizure my sugar dropped so low. I know it was below 30, because that is what it was when the ambulance got me to the hospital. We were at the lake when that happened. Last time anything that bad happened, we were home. I had one of the girls sleeping with me, so DH was in the guest room, and had set my phone as alarm. I heard my phone beeping, and knew I needed to get it charged. Charger was in the kitchen. I could feel the blackness closing in thought I could make it back to bed, NOT. I blacked out and went down hard. Knees hit first, then my face on the pergo. I ended up with 2 badly bruised knees, a broken nose, and 2 black eyes. Hoping everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.
Good morning!

I love Wednesdays, the day before my Thursday off!!

Last night I worked on piecing some "school days" material for a tote I am working on. I also sewed some pillowcases together for a coworker of my dd for a body pillow. I was about to head for bed when I went into the kitchen to find my DH standing in there trying to drink a glass of milk and sweating profusely. Seems with our low calorie diet that he took too much insulin before going to bed. I coaxed him over to the other side of the kitchen where I got him to eat a peanut butter cookie and check his blood sugar. It was 53!!! His sugar normally is around 200 with insulin.

Well after a few fig newtons and some more milk I got him into a chair, where if he did konk out on me I could at least help him. We checked his sugar again and it had gone up to 77. Once we leveled out a bit, and I got him back into reality we talked about his dose before bed and how it should be adjusted. It seems he did adjust it some, just not enough. If you are a diabetic or live with one I am sure you understand this. It's a scary time, as when his sugar gets low he becomes like a drunk ...non responsive and on occasion belligerent. Thank goodness the latter was not the case last night. My husband is an extremely large man, if he were to hit the ground or even start in that direction I could not help him. DS was at his girlfriends and dd was at a friends. This is a rare occurrence as he watches it closely but...goodness it scares the heck out of me everytime it happens!

Blondie enjoy your yard again today! Myrna my benders and lifters seem to never work anymore! Kathy do we need to take your computer away?

Well, off to work I should go...everyone have a great day!!

Granny Judy
May 29th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Ya all scare me with your low-sugar episodes. My late DH was a diabetic and never got it under control...always his was high!! sometimes he was way to argumentative and others he was overly too happy... He had passed out a couple of times and when he fell, I couldn't help him... *a large man over 6 feet to my 5'2".

It's finally stopped raining here and having some lovely weather. The Plants sure love this weather, but I'm ready for a dry spell.
Not doing much quilting since I have a couple of dresses to make (for me). Finally found some fabric I like for one. Hope to get some cutting done today.

Staying away from that Heavy gardening project... DD & Hubby are going to get to it sometime this year.. rocks and digging are involved. My lifters and benders retired a couple years back and no amount of temptation has enticed them to return when I need or want them. Sure glad I did all the landscaping back in 2005. Now It's just enjoyment and add a new plant now and then.

I'm scared of the iron fire happening.. thankfully you have "enough" detectors!! I double and triple check the iron when I finish with it.. unplugged but I still check. How OCD is that???

Madeforyouinma11
May 29th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Hello everyone....
Judy, that is not OCD at all....I do the same thing....
I hoping to do a little work outside today. It's supposed to rain, but it seems to be clearing up some. We had some rain last night which should make the weed pulling a little easier.
Not much going on here....painting, cleaning and working outside. And still waiting for the new baby to get here!
I received a call from my dr today. Seems they found some atypical cells and micro blood in my urine so I have to go see a urologist in June. I am a little nervous about it and hoping that it is nothing serious. Oh well, I guess worrying won't help so I'll just keep busy until I go on the 22nd of June.
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Hoping everyone is having a great day. Good thoughts and prayers to all who need them.