PDA

View Full Version : No quilting or sewing

Mchelem
May 29th, 2013, 01:29 AM
For 24 days..... My husband and I are having a 15 year anniversary vow renewal/wedding June 22, and I am focusing on all the final details of getting it all perfect. So, unless the wedding comes together with no problems, and I get my "to do" list finished, there's no quilting or sewing for 24 days!!! That's a long time to wait, especially since I just bought all that yummy fabric.

Tomorrow is a work on the to do list day, and I don't have to work, so maybe I can get lots done and sneak in some stitches. If not, I am living vicariously through y'all. Don't disappoint.!!

pcbatiks
May 29th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Congratulations..........hope everything goes smoothly! Our anniversary is on June 23rd!

Mchelem
May 29th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Congratulations..........hope everything goes smoothly! Our anniversary is on June 23rd!

How many years???

Ironically hubbies good friend from high school is getting married the 22nd in Pennsylvania. Obviously we won't be attending theirs, or they ours, but we will definitely not forget each others anniversary.

I never had a 'real' wedding, so this is it for me.

pcbatiks
May 29th, 2013, 01:41 AM
This year will be our 29th anniversary!

Mchelem
May 29th, 2013, 01:45 AM
This year will be our 29th anniversary!

Wow!!! Congratulations!

I heard a story about a couple who recently passed (within 4 days of each other) who were married 72 years. She was 16 and he was 19 when they married.

72 years!!! Their family held a combined wedding and funeral. The wedding was to marry their ashes, and the funeral was for the combined urn of ashes. It was the saddest, most beautiful thing I've ever heard of.

auntiemern
May 29th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Congrats on the anniversary, and upcoming vow renewal. Sounds lovely :)

Sandy Navas
May 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Wow!!! Congratulations!

I heard a story about a couple who recently passed (within 4 days of each other) who were married 72 years. She was 16 and he was 19 when they married.

72 years!!! Their family held a combined wedding and funeral. The wedding was to marry their ashes, and the funeral was for the combined urn of ashes. It was the saddest, most beautiful thing I've ever heard of.

I remember when I was a child that a couple in our little town passed away about three days apart - and they had been married for a very, very long time. I remember thinking that their love had to have been extremely deep that they couldn't live without the other.

Tanya D
May 29th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Congratulations and good luck with all the wedding plans!

We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in July with a little trip to the coast (Victoria, BC) for a romantic weekend without the kids! Woohoo.

There was a story quite similar to yours about a couple passing away within a week of eachother. She passed away first and he just couldn't live without her and followed her a week later. Those stories, as sad as they are, are also heartwarming.

kensington
May 29th, 2013, 05:22 PM
June 10. 27 years here. God Bless you on your renewal service. They are so nice. Our church did one once, where all the couples who wanted came forward and stood together. They were given invitations to hand out and some held receptions and all that. It's really really a cool thing. My dh was deployed, so we didn't get to. But, I was there and it was quite lovely. Have a wonderful time.

Andrea F
May 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
June, 21st and 23 years over here :)