PDA

View Full Version : Mother nature...

cindyinohio
May 27th, 2013, 02:19 PM
What's up....it's Memorial Day...every one should be opening pools or at a lake... and I'm running the furnace!!!!!!!!
55 degrees here! And raining!
I'm not making a quilt...I'm using one!!!

bubba
May 27th, 2013, 02:29 PM
It's raining here too! That's normal though. At least with weather like this, it won't be busy when I go into work....

Jean Sewing Machine
May 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Dark, windy and rainy right now here in St. Louis. We're in for some rough weather, I'm afraid!

Bailey65
May 27th, 2013, 05:14 PM
It rained here for a week. Today is the first Sunny day we have had in a while but I'll take it. Has been chilly though. I have not put my annuals out yet because I am afraid of frost. We have had 3 in the past 3 weeks. We did plant the veggie garden today but I will keep my ear out for frost for the next 7-10 days.

CrazyMtnLady
May 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM
It is nice here...but I read where upstate New York new the Vermont border had 3 feet of snow.

Genny
May 27th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I think Mother Nature needs to take a Midol...maybe 2 of them! Last year with the drought we faced the loss of all our plants and almost every Pine Tree in this town died from lack of water. (8 of them on our street). We lost our large one in our side yard. A month ago, after mowing our yard 3 times we had a snow storm that left almost a foot of snow upon us and now all it does is rain. Its rained so much that we can't even cut our poor dead Pine Tree down! Last night we had over 2 1/2 inches which puts us over 7 inches this weekend and its supposed to rain for the rest of the week. :icon_angry: Sounds like I need a Midol too!

Sandy Navas
May 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Genny, I am sitting here LMAO - you are so funny.

bubba
May 28th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I got a chuckle out of that too......

dwil23
May 28th, 2013, 02:41 AM
34" of snow in upstate NY? That's what I just read.