PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Sandy Navas
May 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Freedom is NOT Free!

http://newsletters.quiltropolis.net/uploadedimages/000020/facebook_-325882738.jpg
In honor of Memorial Day take a moment out of your busy lives to stop and remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Thank you to all who have served so that we may be free to do the every day things we tend to take for granted.

http://newsletters.quiltropolis.net/uploadedimages/000020/flagsin.jpg

SarahYoo
May 27th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Thank YOU, Sandy, for posting this.

I am a Military spouse. In the UK, we do not have a Memorial Day, only Remembrance Sunday which is in November, like Veteran's Day. Since living in the US, we have seen the gratitude and recognition that your citizens extend to your Armed Forces, and we are very lucky to now be a part of it, if only for a short time.

Today we are going to a BBQ with military families from many nations, and will raise a glass to all our friends who never came home.

Lest we forget.

bakermom
May 27th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Thank you to all the men and women that serve

auntiemern
May 28th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the post Sandy. I never forget the cost of our freedom. You are so right. Freedom is NOT free.

janluna
May 28th, 2013, 01:15 AM
We always say a prayer for all our service men and women. And not just on this day. We try and tell the Veterans, Thank You for your Service, whenever we meet them. Which is often as we have a VA Hospital here. I get phone calls from the Vets. They call our number instead of the VA's number, for two reasons. 1) Someone ordered cards for the VA and put down our number, instead of theirs. And, 2) They misdial. Our number is one number off. I can usually tell, because they hesitate and then say sorry, and hang up. Now I ask, are you looking for the VA?
They say yeah, how did you know? I tell them it happens all the time, and let them know the number they should call, then I tell He/She that we appreciate their sacrifice, and Thank You. It's important to do, to let them know we are thankful for their service not just for our country, but for each and everyone of us. Sandy, and Trish in PA. Thank You for your service to me and mine. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

dwil23
May 28th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Yes, Thank You to all who have served, are serving and will serve in the future.

God Bless you all.

bhaggerty
May 28th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Sheri
May 28th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Humbly, and with all my heart I thank all those [and their families] who put it all on the line for our freedom.