PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Free Spirit Fabrics?

slamb13
May 27th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Has anyone had experience, good or bad, with Free Spirit? I only have one of their prints (this one (https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/12073)) and it is noticeably thinner and flimsier than the Moda fabrics I have.

I love their patterns, but I'm hesitant to order any if they are all so lightweight!

Thanks!
Susan

Jean Sewing Machine
May 27th, 2013, 09:54 AM
I love the colors, patterns of Free Spirit fabrics. Most of what I have is actually heavier than Moda, but I did get one charm pack that was thin. Don't know how all of this works, I guess I understand they feature smaller designers, but don't know how they choose the fabric to print it on. So far, I've been happy with what i've purchased from them. Last year, at the Sisters Oregon Outdoor Quilt Show, I met one of their designers, Valerie Wells. Her mom, Jean Wells, owns the quilt shop in Sisters. Her fabrics are printed on lovely soft hand cotton, every bit as fine as Moda. The one thing I don't like is their tags, they are generic, not printed for a specific line, so when I have one that I want to use and identify the fabric line, I can't do that by looking at the tag.

Auntpiggylpn
May 27th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I absolutely LOVE Free Spirit fabrics. They are so incredibly soft/silky feeling and they are not thin at all. I don't have any of the Kaffe fabrics though. Free Spirit has the most modern and colorful prints. I usually search them out when I am browsing on Internet shops.