PDA

View Full Version : Huge Quilting Lot on Craigslist in Illinois

Mom23
May 26th, 2013, 06:37 PM
http://springfield.craigslist.org/art/3790913775.html

Check out this huge lot of fabric. It looks like the area is north of Peoria, Illinois.

lilmouse
May 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Too bad I live so far away or I would definitely be tempted...of course I don't have room for hardly any more fabric...but that looks good!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 26th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Robin, are you trying to get us all in trouble with your Craigslist browsing?

janT
May 26th, 2013, 08:28 PM
When I first started quilting, I found fabric on Craigslist, about 100 fat quarters:).

pcbatiks
May 26th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Holy cow..........I'm guessing someone on this forum just jumped in their truck and headed to Peoria! :D

laf512
May 26th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Oh wow! I wouldn't have storage for that much fabric, but it sure would be tempting if I was in the area!

dwil23
May 26th, 2013, 11:20 PM
At $4 a piece for those totes (don't ask me how I know:icon_rolleyes:) that is $64 worth of totes. So the way I look at it is you are buying storage totes and getting a lot of free fabric. Would be tempted if: #1: I was closer #2 had a place to put it all.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 26th, 2013, 11:54 PM
At $4 a piece for those totes (don't ask me how I know:icon_rolleyes:) that is $64 worth of totes. So the way I look at it is you are buying storage totes and getting a lot of free fabric. Would be tempted if: #1: I was closer #2 had a place to put it all.
Ithought she said the totes aren't part of the deal, the buyer should bring their own, AND A MOVING VAN!

kelliedi
May 27th, 2013, 12:23 AM
HOLD UP LADIES ACCORDING TO THE AREA CODE IN THE AD THIS IS IN MISSOURI..... NOT ILLINOIS ..... I typed up fabric in my CL list and the same ad comes up on the Lake of the Ozark CL.....
http://loz.craigslist.org/art/3790978837.html
maybe they are listing it on many CL's?

kelliedi
May 27th, 2013, 01:07 AM
can someone tell me to go and get it ....please..... only 109.2 miles away from me....2 hrs one way....can you say DAY TRIP

Mpyles
May 27th, 2013, 01:18 AM
HOLD UP LADIES ACCORDING TO THE AREA CODE IN THE AD THIS IS IN MISSOURI..... NOT ILLINOIS ..... I typed up fabric in my CL list and the same ad comes up on the Lake of the Ozark CL.....
You are correct...this is in Missouri. I was looking at the add...and I thought wow how interesting they have an Appleton city north of their springfield...lol then i clicked on the map and there was a Montrose....so I zoomed out and yep..in Missouri. Wish I had the time to go get it.

dwil23
May 27th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Ithought she said the totes aren't part of the deal, the buyer should bring their own, AND A MOVING VAN!
I guess I didn't read it all, but that would make sense. Still, would be a great deal for someone in Missouri, right?

kelliedi
May 27th, 2013, 01:37 AM
if i had a big truck or van.....

auntiemern
May 27th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Not at Lake of the Ozarks. The area code down there is 573. It is Appleton City MO. I have no idea where that is. The ad is from May 7th too.

Mom23
May 27th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Looks like I should have done my research a little better on which state this was located. Nonetheless, it sure is a good deal for someone out there. Wish I was closer. Kellie,109.2 miles isn't that far, I give you my full permissions to go snatch up as much as you can fit in your vehicle!!!

pcbatiks
May 27th, 2013, 10:26 AM
if i had a big truck or van.....

It would be hysterical if Kellie showed up and there were several other forum members there at the same time! I can just see them all....sitting on the driveway........sorting fabric together........deciding who gets what.........that would be fun!! :D