PDA

View Full Version : She is here.....I picked her up this morning!!!! :D

Bailey65
May 25th, 2013, 04:15 PM
We were off bright and early this morning to pick up my NEW machine!! We went last night and took measurements to be sure the big gal would fit in my island he built. She will fit with a little customizing to the Island....YAY!!! I am so excited she is sitting in the box beside me and I think in a bit I will take out the manual and start reading :D. It has more bells and whistles than I was expecting but the thing that I am the most excited about is the 11" throat. I am also glad that it is a holiday weekend and he is home to get my Island ready!

I cannot wait to turn it on and start using it! I feel like a kid in the candy store :D

But here she is http://www.elnausa.com/en-us/promotions.php?promotion=554

ilive2craft2
May 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM
have fun with the new machine - even reading a manual is exciting when you get a new machine! :)

Cat n bull
May 25th, 2013, 04:37 PM
YAY! How WONDERFULLY exciting! Have fun with your NEW Elna!!

K. McEuen
May 25th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Glad you were able to get the machine you wanted. I have a friend that swears by her Elna. She won't sew on anything else.

cyndiofthevortex
May 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Congratulations on the new member of the family!

pcbatiks
May 25th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Good for you Fannie.........have fun with your new machine!

SandyWhite
May 25th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Have a great time with your new machine. It looks wonderful.

NanaB
May 25th, 2013, 06:08 PM
She is quite stunning! I know you will enjoy her. How nice that you have a custom-made island for her to reside in.

Bubby
May 25th, 2013, 07:32 PM
It looks like a wonderful machine..I hope you love it!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 25th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Know you will enjoy using your new machine! Have fun!

Iris Girl
May 25th, 2013, 07:46 PM
enjoy and have fun with your new machine!!

Ginny B
May 25th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Have fun with your new machine. Glad you have an extra day to play and get to know her.

Ginny B

mom4him
May 25th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Oh, the fun is about to start! Enjoy!

sewbizzy
May 25th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Congratulations...she looks nice!!! I'm sure you will love her...let us know if you give her a name...

New York Sue
May 25th, 2013, 08:27 PM
YEA, Fannie! That's a BEAUTY. ENJOY!

nanaleslie
May 25th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Very nice looking machine. Let the fun begin!!!!! :D

debi weaver
May 25th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Wahoo! How fun! Have the best time ever getting acquainted!

Sew Perfect
May 25th, 2013, 09:05 PM
What a BEAUTIFUL machine! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see what you make with her!

Bailey65
May 25th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Well I played around a bit this afternoon with "Esther the Elna" I named her after my last remaining Aunt who unfortunately has dementia but she LOVED to sew :) All I can say is WOW!!! I didn't realize how bad my other machine was until I had this baby purring.....she sounds SO nice! I started a Charm Pack Tote figuring something easy while I get acquainted with Esther. I also have read the manual 105 pages. She is not in the Island yet but hopefully by the end of the weekend she will be. I just sat her on top of the Island to give her a test drive this afternoon and I really enjoyed myself. I think even if you weren't good at sewing this machine makes you look really good. Sewing a nice straight line was a breeze.

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes :D

bkthomas
May 25th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I want one! hehe Congratulations! Esther is a beauty!!!

GinnyKNC
May 25th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Very nice! Enjoy :)

Patrice
May 25th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I have a Elna and a babylock Ellegante. I prefer my Elna any day.

SallyO'Sews
May 26th, 2013, 12:00 AM
She's a beauty! Wow... ELEVEN inches!!! Have a wonderful time!

lilmouse
May 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I have the Excellence 740 and wouldn't trade her for any other machine....wait until you quilt on her; we named mine Magic because she eases in borders like no other machine...I love mine and you will love Esther too!

Genny
May 26th, 2013, 12:21 AM
We were off bright and early this morning to pick up my NEW machine!! We went last night and took measurements to be sure the big gal would fit in my island he built. She will fit with a little customizing to the Island....YAY!!! I am so excited she is sitting in the box beside me and I think in a bit I will take out the manual and start reading :D. It has more bells and whistles than I was expecting but the thing that I am the most excited about is the 11" throat. I am also glad that it is a holiday weekend and he is home to get my Island ready!

I cannot wait to turn it on and start using it! I feel like a kid in the candy store :D

But here she is http://www.elnausa.com/en-us/promotions.php?promotion=554

Congrats on your new beauty...I'm drooling over the 9MM Stitch Width!

auntiemern
May 26th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Have fun. I know when I got my new one a couple weeks ago, I was actually nervous using her for the first time. Yours looks really nice, and I know you will have a blast playing with her, while you get to know each other.

GuitarGramma
May 26th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I had an Elna 1500 for many, many years. I loved that machine so much. I passed it to my daughter when I upgraded, so it's still in the family.

I know you'll love your Elna for many years to come. Enjoy!

Sharyn J
May 26th, 2013, 12:53 PM
What a nice machine! I'm sure you will have many hours of fun and there's nothing like a good machine to enhance your sewing experience. Congrats and I look forward to seeing pics of your new projects.

quilter.martha
May 26th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Fannie, CONGRATULATIONS on your new machine! It looks super fantastic! You're gonna love that 11" throat space.