PDA

View Full Version : Saturday ...

Mpyles
May 25th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Good morning!

Saturday......usually busy for me, the morning breakfast rush can get quite hectic on a Saturday! But being it is Memorial Day weekend....might be a bit quiet today. Friday and Monday tend to be real buggers tho!!

Worked on my building blocks..blocks last night, completely redid one of them! The OCD in me I guess! DS and his girlfriend were here for dinner....we had tacos left over from the graduation nacho bar. Not bad...but really I am Mexican'd out!!

Hubby is off to the camper for fishing today...so tonight I will just mosey around my sewing room after I get off work.
Don't really know a whole lot else...
One of my recent club meetings reminds me of this....
Everyone have a great day!!

Iris Girl
May 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Good Morning. will be a quiet weekend here. work for me today and monday thats the retail life and its ok with me. weather isn't going to be to cooperative anyway. My sons are taking hubby to see ironman today while I work since I have no interest in that. Then off to the store when I get home to get hubby some new biking boots. we are late getting the bike on the road this year but then the weather has been an issue. I love the back seat and the wind in my face, such a free feeling, then I think we are both due for eye exams and new glasses gotta get that done soon. thats about it for me hoping to squeeze in some sewing. hugs to all who need and want them.

aliaslaceygreen
May 25th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Good morning!!! It's a bit cooler than it has been...48!! But the humidity is gone... I guess I should try to enjoy it... but I will be at work!

Thanks all for your compliments about my NOLA photos...I am very happy with them!!!

Hope everyones day is good...all the head honcho like people are gone today because inventory is OVER!!! So today it will just be the holiday shoppers....

Cathy F
May 25th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Morning All!

Quiet here this morning, DH is off to breakfast with one of his buddies so I have an hour or so to sit and enjoy some time on the forum. Weather doesn't look very promising today, grey and rainy, but we really do need the rain. It's been a dry spring so far and the plants could use a good soaking rain.

Haven't done much up in the sewing room the past couple of days, but I did get the baby quilt and pillow front for my niece off to be quilted. She said she'd have it back in time for me to get the binding on and the pillow finished before the shower. Another thing almost crossed off my "to do" list.

My daughter and son-in-law will be out to visit today which I always look forward to. They are celebrating their second anniversary so of course we have to have cake, dark chocolate with a chocolate mousse filling and ganache. Death by chocolate but what a way to go :) Don't know if the weather will improve so grilling might be sidelined today, so we'll probably take them out to lunch.

I'm wishing everyone a safe Memorial Day weekend and giving thanks to all that have and are serving our country.

MayinJerset
May 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Doing something I don't usually do on Saturdays, Laundry! Mostly my heavier seasonal stuff that I was planning to put away but with the big change from hot humid weather to cold rainy I think I'll be needing some of it. Hope it warms and clears up as the Jersey Shore is opening this weekend and lots of people were planning beach or broadwalk time. We avoid The Shore during the summer weekends, too much traffic to tend with. We like to go for some ocean side dining during the week, fish dishes taste so much better with a little ocean breeze.

Ginny B
May 25th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Good Morning everyone. It's a lazy start to this long weekend. So chilly and wet. No working outside in the gardens today and no going to Jones Beach for the Air Show either. :( But dh and I will get some stuff done here in the house and also get the grocery shopping done. Tomorrow is a trip into Brooklyn for a visit with two of my sons to celebrate a combination of things --- Mother's Day (they are doing the cooking) and their birthdays (their birthdays are 4 days apart, 15th & 19th of May). I will bring the cake for that. Monday is supposed to be ok weather here so I am hoping to spend a bit of time outdoors and dh is planning on smoking some ribs. I will probably fit in a bit of sewing here and there throughout the weekend and hopefully do a bit more of putting fabric on boards too. Hmmmm, maybe a trip to a quilt shop or Joann's. There must be sales. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend even if the weather isn't cooperating as the unofficial beginning of summer. Enjoy whatever you wind up doing and remember our troops.

I'll check in later and see what everyone is up to.

Ginny B

Monday

Mrs.Sew&Sew
May 25th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Morning all! A lot cooler here in FL this morning! Hope you all have a great long weekend and holiday!
:icon_wave:

MRoy
May 25th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Good morning! It's cool in KY but should be a nice day later. No holiday plans...just R&R with some sewing thrown in the mix.

HdWench
May 25th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Myrna R&R sounds wonderful! I will do some of that this weekend too, in the Woman cave aka my sewing room :-)

*hot* *hot* 100 degrees here - not much humidity but 100 in an oven is still *hot*