PDA

View Full Version : Quilt machine to arrive tomorrow...

GrammaBabs
May 24th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Well,,, i did it... ordered the Bailey and didn't think it was coming for a couple of weeks!!!!....
Don't ask me why,,,, but now i'm nervous.... LOL
FedEx called and said it's arriving tomorrow!!!!

Doesn't really matter... but i'm going to DD's for cookout either tomorrow or Sun... (don't ask,,, poor kids works so hard, she never can make anything but last min. plans,,, and we are both retired,, glad to go whenever.. she's only 25min. away)... but i figure FedEx.. will bring it on the early side....

Now i gotta go and get prepared... not a big fan of the "learning curve" but i've always managed....
I promised myself that when my son was settled, i was going to make that last leap to the larger throat space... i love my Grace Frame.. and have good luck with the Janome on it,,so now that machine will go to the "everyday" stitching space,,, and the Bailey will sit on the Grace... i've heard nothing but good about them, for what i do especially , which is "play around".. so wish me luck!!!! GB

rebeccas-sewing
May 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Good luck! Let us know how you like it!

Bailey65
May 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Congratulations!! I totally under the learning curve thing but you must be so excited :)

auntiemern
May 24th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Good luck Barb. How exciting it is to get a new toy. I know you will have a ball playing with it. Congrats.

lilmouse
May 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Excited for you, can't wait to hear how you do with it!

quilter.martha
May 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I'm green with envy. I would sooooo love to try out a long arm, not to mention owning my own! Enjoy and have fun with it!

Tanya D
May 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Good luck! I can't wait to see the masterpieces you put out with it :)

a1angiem
May 24th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Oh, Gramma! I'm so excited for you! And me...you can figure it all out and then tell me all about it! lol! Congrats and have fun!!!!!! :)

Jean Sewing Machine
May 24th, 2013, 06:00 PM
You won't have any problem learning to use it because you already have the loop thing going on! Enjoy it!

GrammaBabs
May 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM
thanks all....
i just hate the whole "tension" threading, etc... i am patient,, but a bit crabby while learning... luckily i have a DH that always helps me out when i start with the cursing... he's the go to guy for "all things mechanical" in any way...
At least i have the frame up, the storage he "fitted for me"... and the room in some semblance of order... LOL
Angie, i bought some pantos at the expo in 6"... i might just send one your way if you want it...we shall see if it's too small for this machine...

ilive2craft2
May 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
You are going to have so much fun! You are so far ahead of me already on your frame. I bought some more muslin so that I can keep practicing - can't get a rhythm going or something. Maybe I just need a glass of wine before I go in there......

Cat n bull
May 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
How exciting! I am sure you will get it and quickly too!

Share pictures when you can.

Sharyn J
May 24th, 2013, 09:56 PM
How exciting Barb! Hope you have a lot of fun with your new machine.

GuitarGramma
May 24th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Congratulations. That is really exciting!

Please post when you get all set up. I'm really interested in knowing how deep a swath you'll be able to quilt with a Bailey on a Grace frame. It sounds like a terrific combination.

Patrice
May 27th, 2013, 02:19 PM
ok. I know its only been three days but your killing me here. I gotta know what you think of it. I am thinking of buying one and I am scared to death to do so. I will anxiously await what you think about this machine and please post pictures. I had never even heard of this machine until you posted about it and have been studying up on it. I even joined a forum all about it. I cannot find a single negative comment about it. Did you say you had the Gracie Frame? I want a king size frame. Do you know the difference in the grace frame and the majestic frame? Did you get the stitch regulator with yours? I just cannot believe these prices. What am I missing here. It just sounds to good to be true. I am so excited about this

New York Sue
May 27th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Good for you, Babs! Exciting stuff. As I am unfamiliar with the brand, I looked it up.
What a BEAUTY!

wendyw1
May 28th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Good for you Barb, can't wait to hear how it goes, please post pics and details. I have the same set up as you on the grace frame and have been thinking of a machine with a larger throat space, so I will be really interested in hearing about the Bailey xxx

nanaleslie
May 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I'm green with envy too! You are so lucky to be able to get a new long arm. I'm going to come and play at your house! LOL I had never heard of the Baily machine but the are really quite reasonable for the average home quilter. Have fun with your new toy!! :D