PDA

View Full Version : Green Fairy Quilts - Question

Juliadlf
May 24th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has ordered previously from them and had issues with the USPS tracking from this company. I got notification on Saturday, May 18th from USPS that the order was scheduled for pick up on May 21st, then it was picked up but then no other tracking updates since then. It was suppose to arrive today but nothing came. Seemed like it just disappeared. I've contacted Green Fairy Quilts to see what happened but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with this company? They are based in Utah. I haven't used them before but gave them a try based on recommendation I got on MSQC forum.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I ave ordered from them in the past and everythi g came quickly and as promised.

K. McEuen
May 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I've ordered from them as well. Now, I didn't have tracking on my package because I entered my email address incorrectly. I did email them and got a prompt response. I've also updated my email address. The package only took about 3 days to arrive.

Juliadlf
May 24th, 2013, 03:22 PM
hmmmm, now I am worried. Well, I'll see what they say when I get a response.
Thanks Jean and Karen for responding.

Jess1377
May 24th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Ive had the same thing happen before.
Waited a week after it was supposed to arrive to contact them, I emailed them and they got back to me quickly. They said in my case an item i ordered was back ordered and that was the delay. It makes no sense to me though that they would print out the shipping label which in turn generates an email to the customer saying the item was shipped, a setting they should be aware of because I've also used stamps.com selling on ebay. They should get back to you quickly though, they are good at that part.

Grandma G
May 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I've used them before, too, with no problems. In fact I had a order that I placed on Friday, 5/17; it shipped Saturday, 5/18 and I received it yesterday the 23rd. They are a very nice young couple who I believe will do right by you. If it was due to be delivered today I would certainly give it another day. I have had more than my share of post office delivery problems so maybe it didn't make it onto the delivery vehicle. As I said, I would give it at least one more day.

Juliadlf
May 24th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Jess: I did get the confirmation via USPS on May 18th that it would ship on May 21st. I checked the tracking and it showed USPS was notified and then it showed it was picked up but then nothing else since then. I've never had that happen with any of the orders from other companies.

Grandma G: I too ordered on 5/17 but for some reason the shipping said it wouldn't go till 5/21. Typically USPS Priority will go through Rochester NY and then down to our local PO. And Rochester is very good about scanning as is our local PO which leads me to believe it isn't even in
NY at this point and with the holiday on Monday, I'm sure this won't get resolved until later next week.

I did get an email just now from them saying they are calling their post office.

bubba
May 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I have had that happen quite often with UPS. It's not the company your purchased from that causes the problem, it's UPS and them not updating their tracking records. I have come home several times to find things waiting on the porch, and occasionally, found that they have been there a day or two just sitting and waiting to be brought inside.

Tanya D
May 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I've ordered from them, just once, and found their service outstanding and prompt. I think I had tracking on it and I followed it all the way to my door.

Hopefully they get back to you and let you know where your fabric is.

auntiemern
May 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I have ordered from them with no problem. The problem isn't with them it is with the usps. I had a similar thing happen with an order from M*. The tracking stopped in KC and fro there it just disappeared. Give it a few days. I also had a pkg from M* end up going all over the east coast before it got to me, and I am just on the other side of MO from them.

Juliadlf
May 24th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks all for the vote of confidence in this company. First time this has happened and believe me, I've ordered alot (maybe too much LOL)and never had this just go off the tracking system. Guess I was lucky until now.

Our mailman is so good. All packages (and any letters being delivered on the same day)are always dropped at the door and he even knocks. How about that for service?

Juliadlf
May 25th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Just wanted to update this thread.
I received another email from Green Fairy and for some reason the package was held up in the Utah sorting facility and should get here by next week. Who knows why they held it up but I'm glad it is on its way. Case solved. :icon_happy:

Grandma G
May 25th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Julia - glad to hear that. The owners are really nice people, much like the great people at MSQC.

HdWench
May 25th, 2013, 10:12 AM
YEAH!! So glad to read the exiting conclusion - Sad you won't have it for this long weekend, but at least you know it's coming Phew. Never ordered from them, but did read the positive reviews. and you ordered TOO much?? What?? is there "too" much of lovely fabric? hehehe

Thanks for posting where it is (stuck in Utah)

K. McEuen
May 25th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Just wanted to update this thread.
I received another email from Green Fairy and for some reason the package was held up in the Utah sorting facility and should get here by next week. Who knows why they held it up but I'm glad it is on its way. Case solved. :icon_happy:

Maybe a Canadian customs worker got transferred to Utah. That always seems to be what happens to packages being shipped to or from Canada.

Juliadlf
May 25th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Maybe one of the postal workers wanted to check out my new stash. :icon_giggle:

Juliadlf
May 27th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Update: Tracking info says it processed through the Rochester NY facility so it should be at my doorstep on Tuesday :)
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.