PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh a campin we will go!!

WendyI
May 24th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Yep...trailer is all tidied up from winter storage, fridge cleaned and put back together, utensils replaced in drawers and dishes waiting to be put away! Just gotta pack up the blankies, dogglettes and smores and we're off for a nice camping weekend! Cold but at least the sun is going to shine!

Sadly, we're likely still going to be working around the house on Saturday! :lol: We're only going a half hour down the road to a campground in the city! HA! But first time out this year, must make sure everything is operating as it should before we venture further afield!

Likely won't be in until next week so sure hope y'all have a fantabulous weekend and a GREAT Memorial Day holiday!!

WendyI
May 24th, 2013, 02:19 PM
now if 4:30 would just GET HERE!! ugh.

Oh...and please...all crossables crossed for NO SNOW!!!

MartinaG
May 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Have fun, Wendy. We also have a camper (coz my hubby really wanted it) but I am not much of a camping fan. We will go with friends in June so I'll try it with others.

WendyI
May 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Oh Martina, it's SOOOO much more fun with others! But I still absolutely love it. Moreso with a trailer but I also enjoyed tent camping in the past. I just love waking up all snug and cozy to singing birds, and sometimes singing neighbours. What I love most is meeting people when camping. Our best friends used to go camping with us but now they're out in your neck'o'the woods! :(

So much more fun with others...for sure!

CountryHut
May 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
have a great time Wendy . .

and your right -- so much more fun when there is a crew up us going together . . .

Happy Hour starts at 4

we go off camping the week of June 3rd . . . - we won't be going far either . . just as long as it is in the woods and away from all
the worlds problems :)

madampolo
May 24th, 2013, 04:11 PM
We have gotten our new used pop up camper all ready to go, and I am looking forward to it. We can't go next week because we have someone visiting, but plan on going the week after. Funny you are worried about snow. I am worried about 100 degree weather.

Tanya D
May 24th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Have a great time Wendy!

We bought a trailer about 6 years ago and parked it in a seasonal campground. We usually get out there every weekend from May to mid-September. And we take our vacation out there.

Although I enjoy meeting new people, it's really tight quarters out there and several personality types. Steve knows that if I disappear for a while he can usually find me in the trailer with a book meaning that I've tired of talking to all these people and dealing with their drama.

I've compared it to Peyton Place on more than one occasion. We have the alcoholics behind us that split up a couple of years ago but not before some knock 'em down, drag 'em out drunken fights, then we have the one woman who complains about everything, then we have the busy bee who doesn't stop talking. Sometimes it's all just too much for this girl and I have to run away.

auntiemern
May 24th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Have a great time Wendy. We never go anywhere on the holiday weekends. Staying at home is my plan.

quilter.martha
May 24th, 2013, 04:59 PM
You're tugging on my heart Wendy. We LOVE to camp. Both my DH and I were raised camping for vacations, and that is our preferable vacation still. We have an old popup that needs to be replaced, but we still get out with it a couple of times each summer. Enjoy and stay warm!

Meli
May 25th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Have fun! We have an old Roadrunner that was built the year my husband was born in his hometown! It has a gas stove and matching ice box, both in chili pepper red. The original red and white textured vinyl is on all the cushions. Our oldest, just home from the Army, wants to buy it from us so he can go camping anytime of year. (DH's family is VERY into camping!) Honestly, him buying it would be an answer to prayer. We've inherited a 1980-something RV which needs a thorough cleaning, slipcovers for all the 80s mauve plaid upholstery, new batteries, and 7 new tires. Selling the travel trailer gives us the green to get the tires. And I like the idea of the trailer staying in the family. I'm excited to get the RV up and running so we can join Jim's parents on all their camping expeditions. See, I don't mind camping. Just as long as I can have a shower and shave my legs each morning. And the RV lets me do that!

HdWench
May 25th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Have a wonderful trip Wendy!! Enjoy your camper and the SUN will shine upon you all :-)