PDA

View Full Version : Oh happy day!!!!

bubba
May 23rd, 2013, 11:34 PM
About every other year, my husband and I try to go to Hawaii. This past winter was three years...three long years since we have been there. We were all set for this past winter when I had serious foot problems and spent from October to February and occasional times since then in an ortho boot to my knee.

We found out in April that he will be laid off as of June 1, but we had already reserved and paid for a condo there for four weeks, so we were going anyway. Airfare has been outrageous, mainly because we are going over Christmas and New Years at the peak travel time. I have been checking it every couple days and from last week to today it has dropped $700 on the total price so I bit the bullet and bought them today. I doubt they will get much cheaper, and if they do, well, at least I feel we got a good price on them.

Now December can't get here fast enough..........

SallyO'Sews
May 23rd, 2013, 11:41 PM
So happy for you!! :icon_woohoo:

ilive2craft2
May 23rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
Woo hoo!! I would love to see Hawaii, but not sure if I can handle the flight. I am not a good flyer.... Enjoy counting down to your trip! :) Lisa

Miss Sheri
May 24th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Yea! So glad for you! I've never been there, maybe someday. . . :D

bubba
May 24th, 2013, 12:03 AM
One of these trips we are going to go and not come back........I'm really looking forward to that trip! :D

SuzyQue
May 24th, 2013, 12:49 AM
I feel that way about Cayman! WOW! 4 weeks! I am envious! Which island will you be on? We went to Hawaii on our 20th Anniversary and we enjoyed it, but it is such a long flight!!!

tamsterg7
May 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM
One of these trips we are going to go and not come back........I'm really looking forward to that trip! :D

May I please hide out in your luggage when you make that trip?!

GrammaBabs
May 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Good for you two... go for it...i'm checking things off my bucket list as well... it's not much actually, but heck,,, i'm going for it!!

bkthomas
May 24th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Good for you!!! I am going June 11th!

GuitarGramma
May 25th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Our pastor used to vacation every year in Hawaii. I say "used to" because he applied to serve one year in the Diocese of Honolulu and got accepted. So now he lives there. He regularly posts photos of these unbelievable sunrises and sunsets on Facebook.

I had thought that living in paradise might not be as great as vacationing in paradise, but he seems really happy to be there.

aqua-teal71
May 25th, 2013, 01:22 AM
. I will be your ladies maid or anything you want, please take me with you.
I was stationed there in 75-77 and i know it has changed a lot. You know Hawaii is just an illusion, it isnt real,it is just paradise.

HdWench
May 25th, 2013, 04:07 AM
How great for you and yours!!! We "stopped" by for several days on the way to New Zealand and Austrialia and ohhhh to feel the sand on your feet *heavenly*!

Glad you decided to go anyway! Now get that foot totally healed so you can put it up and watch every sunrise, and every sunset!