PDA

View Full Version : Last day at work

RachelMichelle
May 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
I have worked at an after school program for a little over 2 years and today was my last day. Because my class schedule next fall has classes at the same time as ASP I cant come back, school comes first. I will miss my kiddos so much! I started after spring break in 2011 and I cant believe the kindergarteners I stared out with will be 3rd graders already! I really cant believe "my kindergarteners" as I call them will be in 2nd grade. They are the group of kids I am closest with because I spent the most time with them. They all gave me hugs today and said goodbye but I know on the first day next year some of them will ask where I am.
Now that it is over I will get to slow down a little and get home from school and work around 3 so I will have more time to sew, and next week when my 3 week class is over I will just have my one other job and thats it, I will finally get to sew for the first time in weeks!

Sandy Navas
May 23rd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Bitter sweet moments - they are such a joy to be so painful. Good Luck!! Wait until you see these same kids when they have their driver's license!

Miss Sheri
May 23rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Rachel, I can totally relate! I taught preschool for ten years - Love those 4-5 year olds! Now some of them are graduating high school and have my husband for their US Government classes. It is always so lovely to have the kids recognize you in the stores or around town and exclaim with delight. It gets a bit better with time, but I bet you will always have a soft spot for those little ones. How NICE to have QUILTING to give you a pleasant distraction!!!!

RachelMichelle
May 23rd, 2013, 11:56 PM
I dont even want to think about these kids going to high school but I know it will only be a matter of time. I cant wait for next year, I told them I will visit, it will be interesting to see how much they will have grown over the summer, they always amaze me every fall.

WendyI
May 24th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I was always so sad when great people left the after school program where my DS went. The one girl did the same...had to leave because of school obligations...she was the best one they had there and my DS absolutely remembered her when she came back to visit. Sadly, the people that replaced her were LESS than stellar.