PDA

View Full Version : Fit to burst

Wwena
May 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry I haven't bene around as much of late, I really would like to but I've not had the same time and energy as usual. I started a new job (old employer but I'm at a new client) this week and my head is full to the brim with all the new stuff I need to learn in order to test their systems. It's really fun, I like the people I work with there a lot and will probably be there to the end of the year, at least. I've been trying to finish up my old "assignments" but this was decided really quickly (they lost a guy to a long term sick leave early last week and my contract was done on friday, which was when I found out I was starting there this monday) and I still have work left to do for two clients, of which I'm the "first one in" so I need to do well. No pressure, right! :D Add to this running most of the day-to-day stuff at home since hubby has had his leg in a cast. That is GONE now though, soooooo nice! It was hard to tell who wanted it gone the most hehe.

Anyway, just wanted to catch you guys up a bit, when I was checking in anyway. I still think a lot about you all and ofc sewing even when I'm not around as much. Tbh, hexagons are SUCH a relief now when my head is spinning... Hexagons and NCIS LA. And Resident Evil re-runs.

I want to post on everything that catches my eye here but I know I haven't, so here's one big instead:

:icon_wave:

pixiedust0830
May 22nd, 2013, 04:49 PM
glad to have u back...:icon_wave:

Tanya D
May 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Nice to see you Anna...hope life settles down a bit for you soon.

Monique
May 22nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Hi Anna. It's good 'to see you'

lilmouse
May 22nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
Great to see you Anna, stop in when you can; we do understand how life can sometimes get in the way!

nanaleslie
May 22nd, 2013, 09:53 PM
Hi Anna :icon_wave: It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Take a nice long hot bath with a glass of wine. This should relax you a bit. It works for me!

SallyO'Sews
May 22nd, 2013, 11:48 PM
Good to see you again, Anna! So glad you're enjoying your job. Don't worry; we'll be here!

bkthomas
May 22nd, 2013, 11:53 PM
Thanks for checking in Anna! We'll be here for you whenever you want to visit!!!!

Swedish leo
May 23rd, 2013, 02:42 AM
Take care of you! Glad to see you and pop in whenever you can .

Hugs

Annika

Evilynn
May 23rd, 2013, 03:23 AM
Glad to hear from you, Anna! HOpe it will get a bit more relaxed for you soonish!

Bubby
May 23rd, 2013, 04:33 AM
It's good hearing from you, Anna! It sounds like you have a full plate right now. The nice thing is that your quilting and the forum will be here when you have more time. Until then, take care and know that we miss you when you are away. Hugs, Barb

Cathy F
May 23rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Hi Anna, glad to hear from you! Hopefully things will return to normal for you we missed hearing from you!

rebeccas-sewing
May 23rd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Sounds like you are one busy gal! Glad your husband's cast is gone. I'm sure that makes things a bit easier for you both. I do love how relaxing a hobby sewing can be. I really need to start a small project that I can keep in my purse so I don't have to spend so much time looking at ads on the underground to avoid strangers' eyes. Haha! Today, I wanted to smack a few folks! Number one - lady giving her toddler two cookies - toddler dropped the cookies - mother picks them up off the floor of the train and handed them back to the baby!!! Slap, slap, slap!!! Number two - huge woman crowding me in my seat as she spent most of the ride applying her makeup from foundation to mascara!!! Slap, slap, slap!!! Number three - young girl busy putting her hands in her mouth cleaning between her teeth with her fingernail (gross)!!! Slap, slap, slap!!! The only entertainment I had on the underground was a very exotic young guy sitting across from me. If I was casting parts for "Aladdin" he would've gotten the role. I spent a few moments picturing him in an Aladdin costume. He looked like an Arabian Knight! Never a dull moment!

WendyI
May 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
LOL! Rebecca!

Anna...I've been wondering where you have been. Sounds very busy!! I'm tired just reading that! Hope things settle in soon and you can relax. I feel like some days I never stop learning...and it can be exhausting I know! Hang in there!

Wwena
May 24th, 2013, 08:47 AM
ROFL Rebecca! I find that most ppl watch/fiddle with their phones nowadays, no eye contact necessary. ;)

Thanks for all the replies folks, the weekend draws nearer and I am ONE assignment away from it being friday evening and time for FREDAGSMYS!!! (Cozy Friday)

MayinJerset
May 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Anna, Glad you had a few moments to let us know what is doing with you.

Rebecca, Loved hearing about your charming travel companions. Reminded me of when I was on a London bus during rush hour and a big woman sat on my lap for a few stops. When she got up she said very sweetly, "Thank You Dearie" so I haved to laugh about it.