PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Blondie
May 22nd, 2013, 06:29 AM

Hello Folksies! Yes, it is me - right here reminding you that it is Wednesday, the middle of the week, that when you wake up and think oh my what day is it, smile because it is almost Friday. Geesh, talk about run on sentences.

The above caption is not only for the short folks who need positive attention, it is for Shannon S. who shares my love of bassies, and for anyone else who loves an AWWW pic. Too stinking cute.

Yesterday was a lovely day and we had no rain! Wow. I spent some time outside, although not as much as I need to. I puttered around inside as well and played around with some clay. I am thinking of a new little doll. I also finished up a table topper and a pot holder for a gift. I need to take some pics to put in my album. Perhaps later today I will do that.

Big hugs and many prayers to my dear ones here! It is Wednesday! It may be the middle of the week but today is a brand new day. It can be a new beginning for anyone who feels the need to grow, prioritize and of course it is another opportunity to share your smile.

Blondie

Evilynn
May 22nd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Hi Blondie!

Thanks for your uplifting post. I surely needed that! Today is somehow not my day, I've noticed. Not that I feel physically bad but somehow I am a lot more angry than it's me. You guys would be amazed if you met me today. Many of you know me only as one with a positive attitude and I really try hard to maintain that attitute. Well today I certainly fail at that. It's a **** day for me. Grrrrrrr. I tried already relaxing exercises and playing while Janna was sleeping but playing made me even more RAAAAAAGE mode. argghhh. I really dislike people who refuse to at least TRY to see someone elses perspective or realize that they perhaps made a mistake too. Had 2 of those this morning in a game. Needless to say that we lost it. (It's a competetive game and people bring in way too many emotions...) So perhaps I should not play today since I got VERY unfriendly myself. Ugh So not me, normally!

A breeze shut my front door. Of course it was locked. Of course I was outside. Luckily not alone, I was just putting Janna in the buggy for her morning nappy. I just heard "SLAAAAAAAAAAM!" -.- Janna got scared and cried - she was also supertired. I, super angry at the door (LOL! I am sure it was quite hilarious to see how I kicked it), used HUGE effort to remain calm and wait til Janna fell asleep before I squeezed myself through a tiny window in the Livingroom, next to our Computers. God, I was so annoyed... then Juha called and I told him about my adventures and he was really impressed that I fit through that window! Well.. to be honest, so was I LOL!

Well, the day can only get better.... I hope you have a better and less adventurous day than me!

Hugs,

Steffie

toggpine
May 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
I'm just wrapping up Tuesday. I have the ceiling & the closet painted in what will be the office/guest room. Perhaps tomorrow after work I'll be able to get the first coat on the walls.
I am afraid that this will lead to more painting. We've been here nearly 10 years, so it's time some of these walls saw some new paint. This summer I WILL get this place in shape, even if I have to figure out how to use all of Hubby's power tools myself! That will really be something to smile about!

Steffie, I am sorry you are in such a grumpy mood. I woke up about 1:30 Monday AM just furious. How do you wake up mad, and for no good reason? I got up, got a drink of water and decided to sleep on the couch. I was afraid I might punch Hubby in my sleep or something. I did not sleep well and drug through Monday. Thankfully I wasn't so mad after my second wake up and a shower. I think mine might have been hormonal. If this is going to happen every month, the doctor is going to have to do something about it. I hope your mad is just a passing thing you can blame on the flood of strange chemicals in your body.

Well, you all have a good day. I'm going to wash up and hit the hay for a bit.
Hugs,Cathy

MRoy
May 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Good morning! I didn't do much after work yesterday...sorta crashed after I got home. I'm not sleeping well and I'm really tired by late afternoon but still awake at 11 pm. I got all my annual flowers planted Monday evening. I don't put out a lot of flowers, just in porch boxes and few pots, so it wasn't a big job. I'm going to Lowes to look for trim for the sewing studio shelves today. I want to cover the rough edges of the pressed wood. Happy Hump Day!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 22nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Good morning all! Steffie, I hope the day goes better for you! Cathy, painting is a bad word for me, I hate to paint, and if it weren't for a really good painter who has done any of the walls in my house that aren't still contractors white, I be living in blandsville for sure. I have a tiny bathroom that I intend to practice my painting skills on, got the paint bought 2 years ago, any day now I'll get to that! I'd rather be quilting.

Ran into a snag with a customer at the Bridal shop yesterday, and all of my gurus had gone home, so I was on my own to figure out how to fit a woman's dress on to a large prepubescent girl. Her curves and the dress's curves just aren't jiving, and other than starting from scratch to remake it, I don't know how to fix it. Oh well, I'll get advice today from my gurus, and go from there.

Hope you all have a great day today!

Monique
May 22nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning friends. I am home now. I got things unpacked and will pack again today. I leave tomorrow for my quilt retreat. I have a lot to pack. I did buy my magnolia tree yesterday and will need to find a place to plant it but that will have to wait until next week.

Steffie, I hope your day gets better. I have had days like that.

Thinking of you all today.

Bubby
May 22nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Good Morning,

Is there anything cuter than a baby Bassie! Great picture, Blondie!

Sorry you're having a rough day, Steffie. You have a lot of stress in your life right now and it's good to let it out when you can. You are entitled to kick a door once in a while. My friend taught her daughter to kick the tires on their car when she needed something to vent on.

Yesterday I painted more on the dining room in our old house. It's almost done and I will soon begin painting the living room. It's larger but there's not so much to paint around. The nice thing about painting is when it's done.

The storms from last night missed us and that's something we are thankful for.

A group from one of the churches in town will be driving up loads of necessities to the people in OK. They will also stay up there for a week to help with the clean-up. Our prayers continue. Sadly the death count has grown considerably.

I wish everyone a good Wednesday. Tomorrow will be our Hump Day this week.

Do something special today for someone....Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
May 22nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Good morning from Sniffles here. I am not particularly fond of taking medicine for a cold but it drives me nuts to lean over to help a kiddo at school and there goes the nose again.
Cute picture Blondie. He brought a smile to my face. And you all did too!
Steffie - your episode of being locked outside brought a smile to my face also. It took me back to when my mom got locked outside. Now, the background of the story is that - at that particular time, our neighborhood had a night prowler. It was pouring down rain one night when a girl looked out her window and saw a man looking in. He was wearing a yellow rain jacket and hat. So of course the police were called. (To this day I don't look out windows at night.) Anyway, another night, many nights passed the night the man was looking in, my mother saw a light. She got up (still sleeping) and followed it. Right outside at 3 AM. Now all she had on was her summer nightie and a robe (I was surprised she put that on in her sleep). When she woke up and realized she was outside and locked out, she didn't want to knock on the windows and scare the begeebers out of all of us so she sat on the small, aluminum milk box until 6 AM when she knew my dad would wake up. The only person that saw her was the milkman! He thought it was funny. You all remember those old milk boxes? Theirs is still upstairs in the attic as a keepsake. The light she was following was a reflection that shone in her bedroom window from a neigbhors porch light across the street. Oh! and to continue on with another story that kind of relates to the peeping Tom - my sister woke up one rainy night and said she was getting wet. Now this time it was in the winter. So, Dad gets up and says it has to do something with the gutters. So, he goes out at 3 AM (in his jammies) and rattles the gutters about. Scared the nieghbor gal Laura (and she was scared of literally everything but of course there was a peeping Tom that was never caught! - and also at this time there was someone that was leaving a single red rose on her VW Bug every night that freaked her out) so she calls the police and said it was the peeping Tom. SHE wasn't going to look outside either! So the police came and asked Dad for ID. Of course He locked himself out too! Thanks for the memoriesy Steffie. I do hope your day gets better for you.
Painting? I love to paint! It makes the rooms look so fresh and new. Wanting to do something with the main bathroom one day, I spongepainted a pretty blue over the drab white walls while talking on the phone to my sister. It only took an hour and turned out pretty.

Well, I suppose I should go for now. School starts and I must be there before the bell rings!

Have a happy day everyone!
Hugs,

dwil23
May 22nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Good Morning all,

Steffie, I have to share my daughters' locked door experience earlier this week. She was house and pet sitting a couple of miles away. She went out into the garage to get the vacuum cleaner and somehow locked herself out of the house. She called my other DD to come and help her climb the fence to get in the unlocked patio door - she had the ladder out, but it is one of those fences with the pointy tops that could really hurt you if you fell on it. Well, since the only car here was a 5 speed, DD has to wake me up to drive her over there. Ugh. We pull into the driveway and there she is, sitting on the back seat of the golf cart that is parked in the garage. DD gets out of the car and they both go around the side of the house where I can't see them, but I do hear some very loud laughing. Oldest DD looked over the fence and asked her why she couldn't just GO THROUGH THE DOOR from the garage into the back yard?!?!?!?:icon_rofl:

On a less happy note, my DS called me last night to tell me that a boy he played Little League and High School Ball with was one of the many that lost everything in Moore. Initially his dog was also missing, but happily the dog has been located "alive and well".

I just got home from work, going to take a little nap and then go to my friend's for a few hours of stitching and then back to work tonight. I'm going to make my first mug rug for a gift for DIL. DS, DIL and GS will be here for the weekend and I'm looking forward to an Evan fix.

Everyone have a blessed day!

shermur
May 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Morning, quilting friends! Busy week for me...our new dog, Dottie has been here with us for two days on home trial and she is adjusting well! So, since I've been concentrating on the new dog, child #3 quilt is on back burner until this weekend? Three days off...Yay! 47873

Renate
May 22nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Hi Blondie!

Thanks for your uplifting post. I surely needed that! Today is somehow not my day, I've noticed. Not that I feel physically bad but somehow I am a lot more angry than it's me. You guys would be amazed if you met me today. Many of you know me only as one with a positive attitude and I really try hard to maintain that attitute. Well today I certainly fail at that. It's a **** day for me. Grrrrrrr. I tried already relaxing exercises and playing while Janna was sleeping but playing made me even more RAAAAAAGE mode. argghhh. I really dislike people who refuse to at least TRY to see someone elses perspective or realize that they perhaps made a mistake too. Had 2 of those this morning in a game. Needless to say that we lost it. (It's a competetive game and people bring in way too many emotions...) So perhaps I should not play today since I got VERY unfriendly myself. Ugh So not me, normally!

A breeze shut my front door. Of course it was locked. Of course I was outside. Luckily not alone, I was just putting Janna in the buggy for her morning nappy. I just heard "SLAAAAAAAAAAM!" -.- Janna got scared and cried - she was also supertired. I, super angry at the door (LOL! I am sure it was quite hilarious to see how I kicked it), used HUGE effort to remain calm and wait til Janna fell asleep before I squeezed myself through a tiny window in the Livingroom, next to our Computers. God, I was so annoyed... then Juha called and I told him about my adventures and he was really impressed that I fit through that window! Well.. to be honest, so was I LOL!

Well, the day can only get better.... I hope you have a better and less adventurous day than me!

Hugs,

Steffie

Steffie, I know such days very well. the whole world seem to be against yourself and nothing works like it should and at that moment you think, things cannot go worster, they go much worster .... also this days have only 24 hours and go as quickly as the other once. And at that days I always say: I did not take my PMS day for this month and it is today and I alow me to be angry. Than I look into the mirror and say to myself: "Ich bin ein Witz, aber ein Erhabener" (sorry cannot translate it into English). If that also does not help, in addition I paint a mustage onto the mirror and place my face into the right position. Maybe Janna can help you to laugh ...

Dear all together,
what should I say, it seems snow is comming back. Tomorrow will be the worstest weather day in the week with snow and coldcoldcold. Let`s hope that the sun is back for the next weekend, because we invited 15 people to a golf-and-soccer-watch weekend. Saturday a friendly round of golf, a barbecue at the evening during the Soccer Champions League Final of the 2 German teams FC Bayern-Munich and BVB Dortmund at the famous Wembley Stadion in London. On Sunday we all take part at a Florida Scramble Golf competition. For all this we need sunshine sunshine sunshine or at least some umbrellas :-)

Blondie Darling thanks for starting a new thread every day, where we think about the good things and bad things and small things around us and share it here in this great forum. It is like having a small coffee break together and talking about what is just in our mind.

Big hug to you all
Renate

ilive2craft2
May 22nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Good Morning all! Steffie, I have been in your shoes - sometimes I think we have bad dreams that we don't remember that set off the negative emotions. I have woken up so angry at my husband - all because of a dream! :) Glad you got back in the house - you need to keep a key and your cell phone with you at all times in case this happens again. Put on some of your favorite music and dance or sing at the top of your lungs. Letting out some of that stress you are carrying might help with the mood today. If it doesn't, it is still ok - you are entitled to feel angry - you are in a fight against an unseen enemy that is threatening you. Focus that anger against the cancer and that may help too.

I think I will blast the radio on my way to work this morning - hope they will be playing something good! Lisa

Jean Sewing Machine
May 22nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Morning, quilting friends! Busy week for me...our new dog, Dottie has been here with us for two days on home trial and she is adjusting well! So, since I've been concentrating on the new dog, child #3 quilt is on back burner until this weekend? Three days off...Yay! 47873
If she had a black eye ring, she could be the spokesdog for Target! What a cutie!

MayinJerset
May 22nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Dark and dreary this morning and I think it has affected my mood, or maybe it is because I woke up tired. Needed to get going early this morning as contractor is supposed to be here this morning. Hope he makes it today as he has had to cancel a few times. When all the work is completed we will need to paint. DH and I used to do the painting ourselves but with my knees and his back that is a thing of the past - will try to get sons and grandkids to volunteer to paint for us with the promise of a delicious lunch. Hope it works or else we will have to paysome to do it for us.

Thinking of painting a medium light grey and carrying it throughout the downstairs rooms and hallways. Got some sample cards of Behr paints at Home Depot and think I'll get a few sample jars to help me choose the shade I want.

Laughing to myself as grey is what we painted our first apartment's living room. That wasn't a neutral grey like I want now but a dark gunmetal grey to go with our grey tweed couch. Must have liked grey because our kitchen was yellow and grey. Our apartment was on first floor of a late 1880's brownstone in Brooklyn, NY and the ceilings were 12 feet high. Ah, to be young again and climb tall ladders! Rooms look and feel so neat and clean after painting is done. One problem I have is what do you do with all the stuff that is leftover when you are finished? I always seem to have a box or two of leftover decorations, books, do dads, etc. Mine usually end up on a shelf in the backyard shed for that Big Garage Sale my friend and I have been planning for the past 10 years. A few years ago I did take some boxes down and went through them, passed some items to grandgirls who were getting married or getting their own apartments and the rest went to Good Will - guess I need to get going with that again.

Thanks Lisa and Renate for good advice about getting out of our collective bad moods, music might do it for me or maybe I'll draw a mustache on the mirror and make faces at myself, May

CrazyMtnLady
May 22nd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Good morning everyone. Had a little rain last night but nothing major. Looking forward to hopefully a week of nice weather. Going to get some laundry on the line today and we will probably go get a truckload of hay.

Steffie: sorry you had so much trouble. That is one thing I hate. When I was growing up Dad always kept a spare key over the door. In case we were locked out or came home and no one else was there. Boy did we get in trouble if the key was not put back. I need to get a key made so we can put one outside here. We have a habit of coming in and locking the door behind us. If the other person is outside then we have to bang on the door to be let in. Sometimes it's funny...sometimes not so much! LOL.

DH is waiting on a check to arrive and then he will be heading off to Michigan. I would guess by this weekend. He is going to stop off in Indiana at his oldest brother's house first and spend some time there, before going on up to Lansing. We have to go to town before he goes so I can get some groceries for me and some things to pack in a cooler for him.

Have a great day everyone.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Mom23
May 22nd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Good Morning All,

Steffie, sorry you had such a bad day. I must admit, I giggled out loud when you spoke of climbing through the window. Hopefully you can look back and laugh about it one day soon.

Cute doggie picture, Blondie. I am allergic to dogs and cats so the best I can do is look at pictures.

Have a great day everybody.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
May 22nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Good Morning all! Hope you all have a great day because today is a new day. (((Hugs))) to you all! :-)

aliaslaceygreen
May 22nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Wow, painting must be in the air! I have the urge to paint the bathroom off of our bedroom.... can't call it the master, as it doesn't have tub or shower, that's in the hall bath... but I have the color chosen and just need to convince DH that tearing up the nasty linoleum is truly necessary, as moving the washer,dryer water heater and toilet will be required; it's not quite a task I can do myself!

It is Monday for me, and a late one at that. I close today. We have inventory at the store tomorrow and Friday. I would like to think that once that is over that the new mgr will chill a bit and become more human, but that is a pipe dream, alas...

Take care, everyone. Steffie, some day are just DAYS....Tomorrow, you will laugh!

bakermom
May 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
I've locked myself out a time or two, Steffi. I used to have kids around that would squeeze thru the basement window but no more. I climbed thru it once or twice myself. Not a good experience!
I used to keep a key hidden outside in case the kids forgot theirs and couldn't get in after school. They would forget , use the spare then not put it back and not tell me.
One a happier note, I'm heading over to play with GS and give DD a break. GS1 is a bit out of sorts with new baby's demands on his mama.

shermur
May 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks, Jean...now that you say that...she could like the Target spokes dog! All I know is this sweet girl was almost euthanized and she was rescued and hopefully has found her forever home!!!!! We love her so much!

middlesis1966
May 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Morning all! Well my temp job has ended, grrrr. Just a bit upset about it. I had no problems going back to work at all knowing it was temp work. I was told it was going to last a solid 90 days. That was perfect. The long long hours meant bill catchup, college expenses met, oh and maybe a few fabric purchases. Well anyways, it lasted 30 days. It just frosted my cookies that it was that short. Just enough time to mess with unemployment and having to sign up again.

Steffie I've had those days where I woke up so flippn mad and just didn't know why. Heck a billion dollar money bag coulda falln in my lap and I'd be spittn mad that it hit me. I don't get that way anymore, I know what my issues were and that was raging hormones. Lack of them now doesn't affect me so it's all good now. I too have checked outa the public games with a partner because they take it way to serious for me. I stick to only games that are 1 player. Works out so much easier for my blood pressure.

Gonna try my hand at house paint this week. Some friends of ours really need some help, so they recruited me. I love those gals with my heart and would do just about anything for them, so they know how to sucker me, lol. Just feed me free food and I'm cheap labor. Plus side is, that the hubs comes over after work so they feed him and I don't have to cook at all. Just waiting for the clouds to clear up and I'm gonna be a painting fool. We spent Monday scraping so it's ready to go.

pcbatiks
May 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Good morning everyone....

From Paula.....I]Steffie I've had those days where I woke up so flippn mad and just didn't know why. Heck a billion dollar money bag coulda falln in my lap and I'd be spittn mad that it hit me.
[/I]
Paula.........I know how you feel........I have been that mad myself a few times........yes......hormones. I laughed out loud when I read this because I think I described how mad once was the same way!

Enjoyed everyone stories today.......been there and done that too.

Hope the rest of your day is better for you Steffie.

pcbatiks
May 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
I'm back..............I almost forgot..........my brother and a friend of his finished the Assault on Mt Mitchell bike race Monday. It was 102 miles......climbing over 10,000 feet. He finished in 8 hours & 36 minutes. He said the 1st 80 miles are not to bad but the last 20 are grueling......all up hill.

lilmouse
May 22nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Morning Everyone, it is still morning here.....barely...lol, have talked with daughter on the phone and with Steve; so now I can start my day with 2 cups of coffee in me.
Steffie, when I get angry like that I clean, makes me feel better and I have put my anger to good use....
Remember when I was recovering from surgery I locked myself out of the house in AZ. It was hot so I climbed in through my bedroom window....no cell phones back then and no way to get ahold of my husband so into and through the window I went....thank goodness I only had to remove the screen and back then weighed only 100 lbs soaking wet or I would not of made it through! Was my husband ever mad....at the time I wasn't supposed to lift anything heavier than a tea cup and I am squirming through a window. Haven't locked my self out in a while but yet it does happen still.
Today is chore day and then I can go and play in the sewing studio...anxious to finish up a quilt so I can start playing with some new fabrics and patterns....and that room needs cleaning as well!
Best get to it....Donna I am keeping your family in prayer....going to be rough on hubby once he gets there.
Prayers and hugs for all, keeping OK in prayer as well; staying away from the news or it will send me into depression and I don't need to go there...but still think about it too much...I am so heart broke for those people!
Hugs, Susie

shannonsaulter
May 22nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
GM all!!!
Oh Blondie what a sweet pic looks like my Guinness baby...
As everyone else looks forward to the weekend I am facing my Monday tomorrow..Blah..
I have been working on a few projects..DD DP9 is yelling to. E worked on bit instead I've been making a hello kitty panel baby quilt and trying to get more shelves up in the guest/sewing room for more space...
Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Blondie
May 22nd, 2013, 03:40 PM
Mt Mitchell is such a glorious sight; have been there many times - can't imagine a bike race up there!

That is phenomenal time he made! He must be a triatholete or iron man!

I'm back..............I almost forgot..........my brother and a friend of his finished the Assault on Mt Mitchell bike race Monday. It was 102 miles......climbing over 10,000 feet. He finished in 8 hours & 36 minutes. He said the 1st 80 miles are not to bad but the last 20 are grueling......all up hill.

Tanya D
May 22nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Just chiming in now...it's mid-afternoon for me.

It's a rainy and cold day here today but we really need the rain as the winds and warm temperatures have dried everything up and we are currently under a fire ban. It should be lifted by the weekend and the farmers should be happy.

Lots of people painting...I'm not a fan of painting but I sure do love a fresh look when it's done.

Still diligently working on my rag quilts...taking my time and enjoying the process. I even brought my fabric to the lake on the weekend and spent some time cutting my squares while it rained on Sunday afternoon. Now I'm ready to mark my X's and sandwich.

Looking forward to the weekend. We will be heading North to watch Eric play lacrosse. Since he quit playing hockey last fall, it's been some time since we've been on a road trip to watch him play a sport. I'm quite excited and I hope they pull out a win or two!

Thoughts and prayers for those in need....and of course, continued prayers for those in Moore, OK. I've been watching so many heartwarming videos on CNN of reunions and rescues. Sadly I know there are so many more situations that aren't happy.

Sandy Navas
May 22nd, 2013, 11:38 PM
Guess I have to chime in before the end of the day. I was pondering everyone getting locked out - BTDTGTTS . . . but have to share my day's mishap. DD borrowed our PU this morning and backed it into the driveway to have DSIL unload a new recliner. Gave the keys to Al and he was supposed to put the pick-up back into the garage . . . and he didn't!!!!! I went to leave and because our garage spaces are tight I was looking at the side of the car and not the back . . . guess what I did - I now have a permanent deep crease in my cargo door!!! WHOP!

Tanya D
May 23rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
Oh no Sandy! That's unfortunate!!

lilmouse
May 23rd, 2013, 02:37 AM
Oh no! Now that I am driving Steve's pick up truck (with a cap on the back - no back window) I am so afraid I am going to hit something so am extra careful. Sorry about your vehicle!

Evilynn
May 23rd, 2013, 03:30 AM
Guys, thanks.
Today it's much better. And yes, Imagining myself climbing through THIS window made me laugh. Oh my goodness :D
But, it seems everyone locks him- or herself out once in his life at least and this was the first time this happened to me as a grown up. I am usually quadra-checking if I have my keys with me when I leave the house. Well, since I was not planning to go anywhere I didn't have keys with me, it was just the darn breeze that shut the door! Oh well, life happens! Haha!

As for the terrible happenings in OK, I am so sorry for all those people who lost their belongings or even their life. I find it pretty remarkable (in a bad way) that those schools didn't have a storm shelter. Isn't that area having a high risk for tornados or bad storms? How is it possible taht a public building doesn't have a shelter especially when we're talking about kids? That kinda baffles me :icon_confused: