PDA

View Full Version : Fabric addiction

Mchelem
May 22nd, 2013, 03:27 AM
Not that I am admitting anything, but I counted my mini bolts and I have over 200!!! This doesn't include any fabric already cut or quilts already started, any fabric earmarked for quilts (my mom bought 6 different fabrics for a quilt) or any of the breast cancer fabrics I have separated so they don't get used.

It also doesn't include the 30+ bolts of fabric I have stashed in the stock room at Joann's until Friday when the clearance fabric goes on sale 1/2 price and the employee discount is 30% instead of the usual 20%.

I might have a slight fabric addiction.......:icon_razz:

Madeforyouinma11
May 22nd, 2013, 03:30 AM
You're buying 30+bolts of fabric from Joann's or just fabric off of the 30+ bolts? I don't call it a fabric addiction, I call it a love for fabric...lol

shannonsaulter
May 22nd, 2013, 03:33 AM
Oh can I shop with you..lol...I have maybe 50-60 mini bolts and doesn't include fq's,precuts or scraps..I went to Joann's today and got about 8 new fq's, stabilizer for my 1st embroidery attempt, 1/2 yard cuts of Americana fabric and an 8 1/2' ruler...
I had a 20% total purchase coupon and 40%off one item..wish the accuquilt dies were able to be used...but love this addiction...

Mchelem
May 22nd, 2013, 03:38 AM
You're buying 30+bolts of fabric from Joann's or just fabric off of the 30+ bolts? I don't call it a fabric addiction, I call it a love for fabric...lol

I have 30+ bolts of fabric that has various yardage on them. I am getting whatever's left on the bolts. And there's a few more on the shelf I haven't set aside yet.

So, if its 6.00 a yard, 1/2 price is 3.00, and with my 30% its 2.10 a yard. How can I not buy??? Lol

Mchelem
May 22nd, 2013, 03:40 AM
Oh can I shop with you..lol...I have maybe 50-60 mini bolts and doesn't include fq's,precuts or scraps..I went to Joann's today and got about 8 new fq's, stabilizer for my 1st embroidery attempt, 1/2 yard cuts of Americana fabric and an 8 1/2' ruler...
I had a 20% total purchase coupon and 40%off one item..wish the accuquilt dies were able to be used...but love this addiction...

I can send you all my coupons. I was disappointed that you can't use them for irons or accuquilt stuff!

You know you can use mailer coupons, text, email, website, app and competitors coupons all in the same transaction??? At least we let people.

Momofmonsters5
May 22nd, 2013, 04:45 AM
It's great you get the opportunity to stash it, I'd say its unfair but someone has to un enable the rest of us from our fabric addictions.....hahaha I do miss Joann's sometimes!

Blondie
May 22nd, 2013, 06:12 AM
I would never have a paycheck . . .

Not that I am admitting anything, but I counted my mini bolts and I have over 200!!! This doesn't include any fabric already cut or quilts already started, any fabric earmarked for quilts (my mom bought 6 different fabrics for a quilt) or any of the breast cancer fabrics I have separated so they don't get used.

It also doesn't include the 30+ bolts of fabric I have stashed in the stock room at Joann's until Friday when the clearance fabric goes on sale 1/2 price and the employee discount is 30% instead of the usual 20%.

pcbatiks
May 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
I have 30+ bolts of fabric that has various yardage on them. I am getting whatever's left on the bolts. And there's a few more on the shelf I haven't set aside yet.

So, if its 6.00 a yard, 1/2 price is 3.00, and with my 30% its 2.10 a yard. How can I not buy??? Lol

Got to love this kind of math........and logic!! :D

Maybe you are not addicted.......maybe you are supporting the local economy.............or maybe you are just a Fabric Connoisseur........or maybe......maybe......oh forget it............you are addicted to fabric!! :D

I used to work in a fabric store.........it is only fair..........workers should get first grab at the fabric.........we did the same thing. :)

laf512
May 22nd, 2013, 02:28 PM

No wonder there is never anything good in the clearance section when I check it out at Joann's :icon_razz: Enjoy all your new fabric!

Mchelem
May 22nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
No wonder there is never anything good in the clearance section when I check it out at Joann's :icon_razz: Enjoy all your new fabric!

This isn't fabric they just put out.... it's been on the shelves for a while, and customers have had more than ample time to purchase it. If it weren't for the 30% discount coming up, I would have already bought it at 1/2 price and it would be at my shop, waiting for me to make something from it.

laf512
May 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
This isn't fabric they just put out.... it's been on the shelves for a while, and customers have had more than ample time to purchase it. If it weren't for the 30% discount coming up, I would have already bought it at 1/2 price and it would be at my shop, waiting for me to make something from it.

I'm sorry as my tone in my first post was joking which was probably not clear! It really doesn't bother me that you set it back!