PDA

View Full Version : Looking for cutting die..

Fabriclovr
May 21st, 2013, 11:36 PM
Ladies,
I am looking for the WINDING WAYS cutting die by Accuquilt. Yes, I can find it alllll over the internet, but I drive a school bus for a living and don't have the $$ to spend on this die. Does anyone have one that they are no longer going to use and are willing to sell?

Please send me a PM and we can talk.

Thanks
Susan

shannonsaulter
May 22nd, 2013, 01:45 AM
Wow just looked at the price on eBay that's a lot..

Doloris
May 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
if you go to this site http://diecutyourfabric.com/ she sells her dies for 35% discount for check payment, and 30% discount for paypal. When you select the die you want and then check your payment type it will show your cost at the bottom. Then you add shipping. I just bought from her and with check payment it was $57. I know that is a lot and I put off buying that die for a long time, but now I think that was the best buy I have made for a loooong time. I don't think I would be making my winding ways quilt without it. I am even thinking of another already and I haven't finished this one yet.
She will send you an invoice, and ship the die right away. I didn't send her the check till I had the die. and she is generally pretty quick about sending out the dies. She has been having some family problems, but is trying to keep up with getting things mailed out too.

Fabriclovr
May 22nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Yes, I know its too much... but, Accuquilt gets you hooked with the perfect cuts.. ****! Still holding out that someone has made this and is not going to make another one and is willing to part with it.. keeping my fingers crossed :)

HandsOffItsMine
May 22nd, 2013, 10:33 PM
Even with Joann's 40% off Accuquilt - it would be around $48. They're having an Accuquilt Die sale again in 2 weeks. Bought my 2.5" strips die at the last one. Then DH and DD got me the 2 up 5" charms and the 9 up 2.5" squares for my collection.

If you can't hold out...

Amazon with Prime Free shipping = $60
Fabric Hut = $48+13 Shipping=$61

Huggers, Ruby

jsmetcalf
May 22nd, 2013, 10:41 PM
This price isn't too far off of what others have suggested, but Nancy's Notions is also having an AccuQuilt diecut sale. The WW is $51 - all the dies are 35% off. Additionally, the company is offering $1.95 shipping on all orders for a limited time.

Fabriclovr
May 22nd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Judy, where did you see the shipping deal at nancys notions? I saw it there for 51 as well. This die is not available at Joanns.. trust me, I've asked. I just bought 3 strip cutters at 40% off.. this is getting expensive, but I guess I would spend that much on a pair of gingers, so its not bad... (just dont tell my DH!)

Fabriclovr
May 22nd, 2013, 11:13 PM
Even with Joann's 40% off Accuquilt - it would be around $48. They're having an Accuquilt Die sale again in 2 weeks. Bought my 2.5" strips die at the last one. Then DH and DD got me the 2 up 5" charms and the 9 up 2.5" squares for my collection.

If you can't hold out...

Amazon with Prime Free shipping = $60
Fabric Hut = $48+13 Shipping=$61

Huggers, Ruby

Yup, been there and seen them all.. too many hours searching for a good price.. I will have to hold out as my last paycheck for the year is tomorrow and I wont have another one till the end of August. Best use what I have and put it on the Christmas list :)

Fabriclovr
May 23rd, 2013, 11:03 PM
I think I may have found it for $51 with free shipping.. keep your fingers crossed... unless you have one you want to sell me for $30 dollars... ;)

Momofmonsters5
May 24th, 2013, 01:25 AM
I have access to the die, through our guild. If you pay to ship your fabric and the return shipping I'll cut it out for you and mail it back. It's not international shipping, we're military so I have a stateside apo address. I realize you might want to make more than one and that might make it worth the purchase of the die.

Fabriclovr
May 24th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I would really like to have the die in my collection :)

Fabriclovr
May 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Well, I did it, I broke down and bought the winding ways template. I found it at Nancy's Notions for $51. That is 28 dollars less than it is on sale on the Accuquilt web site. I kinda stuck it in with a 5 yard purchase of Duck for my DH. He wants me to make covers for his larger standing tools in the garage, the grinder, the oscilloscope and the 1/2 ton press.. so I figured I would stick it in with the purchase and I found a coupon for $1.95 shipping.. he is none the wiser (I hope!)