PDA

View Full Version : Rangoon Creeper Vine

pdjewelrylady
May 21st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Quisqualis (Rangoon Creeper) sometimes is called Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow in Hawaii? Its flowers open as white, then next day turn pink, then will fade to dark mauve tomorrow... Its fragrance is as strong as jasmine, but is more mild and fruity. Wondering if one of my Hawaii friends could mail me a cutting or three :)

K. McEuen
May 21st, 2013, 07:21 PM
It almost looks like some kind of hybrid honeysuckle.

bec
May 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
So beautiful!

Blondie
May 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM
Suzi, that is a gorgeous flower. Good luck; hope you can get one!

pdjewelrylady
May 22nd, 2013, 02:48 AM
thanks Blondie - i am hoping so too. the nursery here has had them on "backorder" since last spring! :icon_umpf:

bkthomas
May 22nd, 2013, 02:52 AM
thanks Blondie - i am hoping so too. the nursery here has had them on "backorder" since last spring! :icon_umpf:

Maybe I can check that out when I'm there next month!

shannonsaulter
May 22nd, 2013, 03:06 AM
Wow never hear of it..looks great...bet it would look great on a trellis..

Madeforyouinma11
May 22nd, 2013, 03:27 AM
I just looked online and you can buy them in seed or seedlings. Also eBay had the seeds, sprouts and small plants for sale and not expensive either. Hope this helps.

Mchelem
May 22nd, 2013, 03:29 AM
Can you mail plants to Florida ?? I know you can't send them to California and Hawaii.....

Hulamoon
May 22nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
That's really pretty. If it is here it's going to be in someone's yard or at the botanical gardens. I only see Stephanotis on fences.

Quiltlover
May 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
That is gorgeous...wonder how far north it would grow and would it bloom in one season as an annual like we do with Moon Vine for example. Love that!!

Madeforyouinma11
May 22nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
I've been reading up on it and it says that it grows all over the US. The only thing is, in the winter it needs to be protected with mulch and then it should come back the following year. It also said that you could put them in pots, which would give you the option of bringing them inside for the winter,( after they've been cut back of course)

That is gorgeous...wonder how far north it would grow and would it bloom in one season as an annual like we do with Moon Vine for example. Love that!!

SallyO'Sews
May 23rd, 2013, 12:25 AM
Oooh, that's pretty!

Quiltlover
May 23rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
I am going to see if I can find some of these....loving them!!

Brenda in Alabama

WendyI
May 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
that is gorgeous...most likely would not grow here except as an annual.

Make sure whomever is mailing anything that you check out the rules of sending plant material by mail. They're more strict about that than drug trafficking I swear! Big penalties if you're caught....at least across borders...not sure about States.

WendyI
May 23rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Found three seeds for sale on Ebay! lol! $2.50

http://www.ebay.in/itm/270967046431

Madeforyouinma11
May 29th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I actually ordered some from eBay because I thought they were so pretty. I'm getting 25 seeds and 5 sprouts for $13.00 including shipping. I'm going to try them here. I will have to bring them in for the winter so that the new seeds will be good for next year. We will see how they make out.