PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con May 2013

Telliott68
May 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
Well guys and gals, it is that time of year once again. My son took me to another Comic Con. Not complaining. I got to meet Andrew McCarthy this time. He is sooooo adorable and sweet. Looks even better in person that on tv. Ernie Hudson was super super nice. Adam Baldwin was VERY tall and handsome and extremely friendly. Poor William Shatner was just tired :(. Norman Reedus was not there but my son's friend bought me a Daryl doll so I guess that'll do.

GuitarGramma
May 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Oh my goodness! How fun.

I haven't been to a Comic Con in decades, though I do want to go. I run the web site for the man who played Superman on Broadway in 1966 ( www.SupermanBobHoliday.com ). I owe it to him to get myself to a Comic Con to represent him!

I went to one of the early San Diego Comic Cons right out of high school. My boyfriend at the time was quite a comic-style artist. It was a shame he was too lazy to dedicate himself to his art because he was so talented. Anyway, most of that Comic Con was folks selling their old Superman and Jimmy Olsen comic books. I had saved mine for years, and then -- in a rare cleaning fit -- my mom threw them all away. I'd bought them for 12 cents, and now they were selling for $30 -- which was big money back then.

Comic Cons have certainly progressed. Glad you had such a good time.

SallyO'Sews
May 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM
Tammy, you win the Coolest Quilter of the Day award! Been a fan of all these guys. What fun you must have had!

MayinJerset
May 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
Never heard about a Comic Con before but it sounds like a lot of fun. Guess everyone is buying and selling comics as well as meeting celebs - nice way to spend an afternoon. May

Monique
May 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM
They just had a big one up here in Ottawa, Ontario. Sounds like you had a blast.

nonnietomany
May 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM
My son and daughter were there, they had a blast. Looks like you did too!

Telliott68
May 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
My son and daughter were there, they had a blast. Looks like you did too!

It was VERY crowded but still had a lot of fun.

lauratreky@comcast.net
May 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
How exciting!! I have always wanted to go to Comic Con but alas my bank account says otherwise. As you can see by my name I am a Star Trek fan! I love Firefly, and The Walking Dead (Norman Reedus....mmmm). Maybe someday..... :)

Telliott68
May 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
How exciting!! I have always wanted to go to Comic Con but alas my bank account says otherwise. As you can see by my name I am a Star Trek fan! I love Firefly, and The Walking Dead (Norman Reedus....mmmm). Maybe someday..... :)

Funny....I brought my "Daryl" doll to work and he sits on my desk. Lol