PDA

View Full Version : She was so touched

Hulamoon
May 21st, 2013, 04:39 AM
By a coffee machine.

When my daughter was living here I bought a Kering. She took up coffee in the morning before work. She really never liked coffee before but I guess those little Kering cups got to her. Then I had to buy the cup one where you put in your own grind in.

So she moves and what to get her? Well a Kering of course. I kept telling her please stop by to pick up your present. I don't want it to go too long. " Why is it going to die? " lol She really said that.

She comes by tonight and actually cried over a coffee machine.

I think she actually misses me :)

lilmouse
May 21st, 2013, 05:05 AM
A Kering, how sweet!

bkthomas
May 21st, 2013, 06:59 AM
Awww.....sweet! Did you ever get a new puppy?

rebeccas-sewing
May 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Are you talking about Keurig coffee makers? I looked up Kering and it doesn't seem to fit.

laf512
May 21st, 2013, 11:58 AM
Aww! How sweet! I know I was super excited when my parents bought us a Keurig, too!

Hulamoon
May 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM
No puppy yet Kathy. just trying to get through a few things so I can give the little thing my full attention :)

Lori when I gave her the box and started tearing up she said 'my little house is coming together' . I had no clue that a coffee maker would be so important. I almost thought she would be mad because she didn't have enough counter space. lol

shannonsaulter
May 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
What a great gift..such a good momma...

SallyO'Sews
May 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
Who da' Mom? YOU da' Mom, Lorie!! :D

janluna
May 21st, 2013, 03:30 PM
Keurig is the one, I'm sure.

Hulamoon
May 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Okay I wasn't going to comment on this because I try not to. I came with a heartfelt story because my daughter just moved out and I miss her terribly. But I can't help it now. If my miss spell on a coffee maker is more important than my little story I won't share anymore.

K. McEuen
May 21st, 2013, 05:03 PM
Now buy her some Donut Shop cups and she'll think you walk on water! I swear, that is my favorite one so far. It's a bold blend, but not as "burnt" tasting to me as a French Roast. I've not had that much luck with my little do it yourself cup, can't quite get it to work very well for me.

laf512
May 21st, 2013, 08:00 PM
Okay I wasn't going to comment on this because I try not to. I came with a heartfelt story because my daughter just moved out and I miss her terribly. But I can't help it now. If my miss spell on a coffee maker is more important than my little story I won't share anymore.

(((Hugs))) I am sure she will have fond memories of home every time she makes a cup of coffee!

auntiemern
May 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM
Awe!!! What a sweet story. I have thought about getting one of those. My sis has one and loves it. You're a great momma to think of a gift that she would really enjoy.

Hulamoon
May 21st, 2013, 08:09 PM
She loves the little do it yourself one. Her boyfriend works at a coffee/ restaurant and they grind all their own beans and brought bags home all the time. It's going to be one of her birthday presents next month:)

Now I have to think of something else:icon_beuj:

K. McEuen
May 21st, 2013, 08:20 PM
Ooo, find out how fine or coarse they grind the coffee for the do it yourself cup. I think that might be the problem with mine, ground too fine.

Mpyles
May 21st, 2013, 08:26 PM
Ooo, find out how fine or coarse they grind the coffee for the do it yourself cup. I think that might be the problem with mine, ground too fine.

When I was using mine, I had to fill it up to the very top to get coffee to taste good using it.

Hulamoon
May 21st, 2013, 08:50 PM
That's what we found out too. Fill it to the top. I forgot to put the cover on it one time though. That was a morning well spent.

New York Sue
May 22nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
I could have used one today, (many days actually).

Made a whole pot after DH was coffeed out.

Cost of the K-cups vs waste? Hmmm....

ilive2craft2
May 22nd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Lorie, You are such a wonderful mom! Such a sweet and thoughtful gift to your dear daughter. Does the house feel less empty yet? I know your daughter moved out before my son - it has just been 2 weeks and it has now been about a week since we saw him last. To me the house just feels empty - I guess that is where they get the term empty nester, huh? Glad you know that she does miss you. Our son is supposed to come over for supper tomorrow night. Our dog misses him so, but is finally settling into him just visiting now. He doesn't wait up for him to come home anymore.... Let us know when you go looking for a puppy - I am sure you will find a perfect match, however you find one (at the shelter, an ad, etc). :) Lisa

Hulamoon
May 22nd, 2013, 02:44 AM
Karen it is ground finer. A bag was left behind and I compared to a store bought one. Not to much difference though.

Sue it is more expensive, it's more of a convenience and you get to switch flavors! Plus you can buy teas and hot chocolate But it only takes two tablespoons for a large mug if you invest in the do it yourself one.

Lisa I remember your post. I was feeling for you too. :) I'm this close (--) to start looking. :) Believe me that will be the first thing I do is to post a picture. lol

K. McEuen
May 22nd, 2013, 02:54 AM
The K-cups work really well for me because I'm pretty much the only one that drinks coffee at the house and I have at most 2 cups a day and some days I don't drink it. I buy them at Sam's Club so it's a little cheaper, can't beat the ease of the coffee maker, plus now my daughter buys me different flavors as gifts. I got a box of Hazelnut Cream for Mother's Day.

Cathy F
May 23rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
What a thoughtful gift! We have one and love it, no more wasted coffee left in the pot.

Tanya D
May 23rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
How thoughtful Lorie...I'm sure whenever she brews herself a cup of coffee, she thinks of you and misses you.