PDA

View Full Version : Another Wednesday, another Windy day

Blondie
February 16th, 2011, 07:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Coffee/caf.jpg

Good Morning, Lovely Ladies!

I can hear the wind howling outside~! Is it windy where you are??

Jan! good to see you got back in! Whew! Always love to see your smiling face. :icon_bigsmile:
Hoping that everyone else has an easier time getting in and navigating their way around here. There are a few others that I haven't seen around in awhile and I'm just assuming that life has gotten very busy for them.

I also want to lay out my christmas star blocks and start piecing them together. I thought of doing a QAYG with them. Love these blocks ladies, once again thank you for sharing.

Have a fairly busy day ahead of me; will try to check back in later on. I am itching to try the tumbler template I received the other day.

quiltingtrish
February 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Good morning!
Doesn't look windy here, but no time to check for what's happening later in the day. Think we are to warm up a bit.

Today, I'll be reading some quilty magazines while the kiddos at school take their 4 Sight tests for 2 class periods today and tomorrow. Pass out the tests and wait until they are done. Can't help them with these.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
February 16th, 2011, 09:27 AM

My goal for the day!!

Blondie - we don't have any wind today just a heavy fog overlying the scenery. Glad I don't have to be out in it.

Trish - hope all goes well with the testing. Now you just have to find where they hid the red pencil for correcting.

Not much planned today other than playing in the sewing room. I HAVE to get my MILs quilt finished. There are way too many things pulling at me and I spend too much time freeing myself from the briars and not attacking the things that need attention.

DeeOGee is on steroids. Al said he was able to finally relieve himself without falling on his butt. He goes back for another shot this morning. X-rays showed a compressed disc. Don't know what happened. He ran around the side of the house on Sunday and yelped. We didn't see what he did but evidently did a number on himself. He still acts as if he should be up jumping around but has trouble controlling that backside. Makes you feel so helpless since he can't talk to us and let us know what he's feeling.

Had a great time with my brother and his wife, sister and her hubby, yesterday. Came home with a miniature quilt rack that my brother made and a miniature quilt his wife made to hang on it. Darling. SIL also made me a dozen half-circle napkins (fabric from MY stash) with my favorite animal on them . . . sheep. Matches my patriotic decor'd dining room. They are off on a road trip so we won't have another official 'kids-lunch' until sometime in April.

Hope everyone who is checking in, and those we have been missing, have a wonderful Hump Day!! May all your goals be accomplished before sunset - either today, tomorrow, next week . . .

Texsam
February 16th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Morning all!

It's a little windy here too, but it's coming from the south and therefore it's warm. YAY! In a few days tho I'll be ready for it to let up.

I have two packs of turnovers and decided I wanted to try the hourglass block with them. Jenny did a tut using a layer cake. Well I mixed and matched and put them up on my design wall. Not sure if I'm liking where it's going tho. I will live with it for a few days and see if I start to like the arrangements.

Well I'm off to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!

debinmalaga
February 16th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Good morning to all! It's windy and 22 here in NJ but supposed to warm up to around 60 by Friday. Yay!

My short day at work, done at 2:30 then home to rush through chores so I can SEW. I tacked vacation days onto our long weekend this weekend so I'll actually have five days home in a row to play in my sewing room. Can't wait!

Hope it's a great day for all!

patticakes
February 16th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Hi all, just a couple minutes to peak at what everyone is up to today!
Not too windy today in Chicago and it was actually a pleasant commute. Supposed to drizzle this evening and rain tomorrow but be almost 60 degrees! Our blizzard snow is melting pretty good.
BF started working for a small plumbing company today and although the work is most likely temporary, he was a happy camper going off to work this am. He has another side job to work on tonight so I might be able to sneak some sewing in after I get home today.
Well, off to open the store! I will check in with ya later!
Have fun!

toggpine
February 16th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Good Morning!

It has been windy and rainy here for the last few days, but today has dawned bright and clear. I see the trees doing a bit of moving, but nothing like the frenzied hula dancing of a few nights ago.

I have one of the aardvarks done to the floppy stage, and I hope to knockout the other in the next hour or so. The next few days will be dedicated to cleaning out the house. I have invited over family and a few friends for Emily's 5th birthday. I can't have the entire preschool class over because my house isn't big enough for all 12, their parents, and assorted siblings. We will have an "Un-Birthday Party" for her a little later in the spring at the local park. Even though they are family and close friends, they shouldn't have to wade through a sea of toys, books, and other clutter to find a place to sit.
I will also purge some of Em's toys. She has plenty and some are too young for her now. I will obviously not be taking them to the Goodwill or putting them on Craigslist for now. I will wait to find out what is happening with the pregnant girlfriend situation first. No sense in getting rid of a bunch of toys just to buy them again. Ugh. But I can at least store them some where other than my living room floor!

Well, I hope that you all have a great day and that you can squeeze some time in at the sewing machine somewhere along the way!
Cathy

janluna
February 16th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Good morning everyone. I was greatly relieved to see when I clicked on forum I could still get on. Thanks again Al.
It's not windy here today, it was yesterday but today is calm and in the 40's. My windows are going to be opened to air out the house. Yay. I love getting stale winter air out and spring air in. Of course next week it's going to be colder again. But I think spring is on the way soon.
Thank you Blondie, you are so sweet!
Have a great Wednesday. I will be finishing my swap blocks, can't wait to get them done and out to Suzi and before the deadline. Amazing! For me anyway. I started late because I didn't have the money for fabric, but finally got it and the fabric. So it took longer than I wanted. But at least it's almost done.
Bye for now. Hugs, Jan L

Lola2Ace
February 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Hey all! I had a great day with Ace yesterday. We ended up staying in, till dinner time then the family all came there and we took oldest DD out to dinner for her birthday. So, no fabric shops, but that's ok, I need to cut back and there's always MSQC right here anyway. I taught Ace to say Happy Birthday, so his Mommy was really thrilled with that!
I had a CT scan this a.m., I don't have a bladder infection or anything like that, so they are checking for stones. Pain has been bad off an on, unfortunately today is pain. I need to straighten up the house and make a dessert as friends are coming over for a bit this evening. There is always laundry to do, this friendship quilt is calling my name and a nap sounds marvelous.
Off to do one of the three.....hmmmm, would it be considered multi-tasking if I start a load of laundry and take a nap while it's running? My vote is YES! LOL :D
Lola

rebeccas-sewing
February 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Lo and Behold!!!! The sun has been shining in London for several days now. I can hardly believe it!!! Tomorrow we go out to a town called Guilford to have dinner with a friend and see a Shakespearean play at the University of Surrey. His position is assistant vice chancellor...... something or other (Nigel's a brainiac, can you tell?) Been a while since I've enjoyed Shakespeare. Should be interesting to view a performance with a cast of British university students.

On Friday, I head to Norway with the Mr. I'm so excited and have already packed up my little 12lb. Janome and supplies to take along so I have something to occupy my time while he's working. I'll be sewing on a log cabin with MSQC 's Alliance honey buns; a paper-pieced fish quilt for kids with Joann fat quarters; and a nine-patch and diamond quilt with an MSQC American Jane charm pack. I get the impression the place where we are staying is out in the middle of nowhere. It will most likely be pretty nippy there so I'm gonna bundle up and try to stay warm. A difficult task for a California girl.
Hopefully, we'll get to go somewhere on the weekends. I really don't care what we do. It'll be nice to see something new and Norway!!! How cool is that??

Do you think I will ever reduce my fabric stash? I brought over a ton of fabric but when I look in the closet it looks like I have barely touched it. It's those darn "DAILY DEAL" offers. I just can't seem to keep from clicking on it when I get up in the morning. I also have no trouble getting the deal since I'm up anywhere from 5 to 8 hours before you depending on where you live and what time you get up. I'm the "sleep queen." I rarely rise before 9 a.m. Shameful, I know, but what's a girl to do?
Of course I have to wait until I go to CA to pick up my purchases, but somehow that doesn't seem to stop me.

I tried to sell some baby quilts on Ebay UK. What a waste of time and money. I discovered rapidly that all people bid on is stuff that's super cheap or "vintage." Oh well, I'm going to have lots of quilts to give as gifts. All the kids are growing up. They're starting to get married and having babies. My husband says we'll have lots of gifts ready to go. He refuses to let me just give them away on E-bay.
He's right. All that hard work should be worth something.

Have you checked out Etsy.com? I'm sure most of you are aware of it. If not, it's the "Handmade Items" website. If you haven't done so already check it out. It's a great resource for buying but also for getting ideas.

Onetiredmomma
February 16th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Today is the beginning of The Great Thaw! What a beautiful day! I want to go outside in a twirling dress (you know the kind I'm talking about ) and twirl in the sunshine! I dont hold my breath for more than this week, but I'm ready for no more snow and ice! Heck, I'm still not recovered from last winter let alone this year! I hope that you all have a beautiful day!

God bless you all!

debinmalaga
February 16th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Lin, I know just the dress, and although it's too chilly to twirl in NJ, I do know what you mean, lucky you to have such a day! Not that I'm complaining, the sun is shining here.

The pressure is on! I offered to donate a table runner to a chinese auction for a coworker with breast cancer. I want to make it really special, I'm thinking of making a dresden with my new wildflowers charm packs? She's a Deb, also, so I'd call it something like "Dresdens for Deb". Getting a little ahead of myself here, need to get off this computer and get to work. I don't like working under pressure but love the idea of helping out. I don't particularly care for the woman, nor does she care for me, which makes it kind of weird.

Sandy Navas
February 16th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I don't like working under pressure but love the idea of helping out. I don't particularly care for the woman, nor does she care for me, which makes it kind of weird.

I'm laughing, Deb, because this sounds like something I would do - but then I'd kick myself because I volunteered . . . and I'd waver because I knew deep inside that I was doing the right thing.

Worked on my DMILs quilt most of the day until my hand started cramping. I don't know what I keep doing that causes this . . . aggravating. Hate getting old and the joints not working right, muscles getting lazy . . . the body doesn't cooperate. Why can I feel like 18 and look like 90 and ache like I've been hit by a Mack truck?

Dear Hubby just came in with a hot cup of Lady Grey tea with honey. What a sweetheart. Think I'll have to reconsider and keep him a while longer. It has been extremely foggy here today and really hasn't cleared. Makes it look and 'feel' a whole lot colder than it really is. I'm ready for a beach in the Caribbean . . . or maybe a trip to visit our new forum friends from New Zealand and other spots down under.

Thought I'd get my hexagon template from MSQC today but it wasn't there. Hope it didn't get rerouted to St. Louis again.

I may try that multi-tasking suggestion made earlier - dream of finishing my quilt while taking a much needed nap. Yeah, that'll work.

Lola2Ace
February 16th, 2011, 07:23 PM
:icon_wave: Sandy, works for me!
I did start a load of laundry and took that nap. I feel better now, pain is letting up a bit and I sure hope it stays away!
I hope you got your naptime in.
Lola

debinmalaga
February 16th, 2011, 07:46 PM
then I'd kick myself because I volunteered . . . and I'd waver because I knew deep inside that I was doing the right thing..

You got it!

Blondie
February 16th, 2011, 07:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/funnies/ccl.jpg

Hi Gals
Don't even ask about the above chicken picture. I have no idea why I even saved it to my hard drive or when but I am sure it is because I think it's funny. This chicken looks either very puzzled, mother hen-ish or ticked off in general, take your pick!

Deb, you have a good heart - trust me, the blessings that come from rising above your own self will be a reward. Whenever I do something like this, which is more often than I like to think, I remember that it is like heaping coals of kindness upon these souls. and you never know, this may be something that is a mutual ground ? Certainly breast cancer is horrible enough, good to be supportive as possible. It may even make her think if she would do the same for you if reversed. Unlimited possibilities when kindness kicks in. LOL. See, told you I am a Pollyanna (most of the time).

Sandy, was glad to read that DeeOhGee was helped out. Poor baby. I hate to hear of animals suffering. I still miss our smelly old bassett hound who died in October. He was the sweetest old soul, glad that he went quietly and didn't suffer. I can also say that I feel your pain with your hands. Mine do that as well and if you do any handstitching you may want to purchase some of those gloves that are sold at Joannes. They really do HELP. There are days when I go to work and just the thought of shampooing a head is painful We won't even talk about hips, knees or feet. Oy! Wasn't it Bette Davis who said growing old ain't for sissies?

Lola,. glad you had a great time with Ace, knew you would!

Rebecca, you lucky dawg! Going to scandinavia in general has always been my dream. My maternal grandfather was born in Denmark and his heritagealso includes Swedish and Russian. I am not sure of Norweigian, though. I am pea green! Have a blast. I have seen many blogs from over there.

Lin, glad you received some sunny warmth today. It was lovely here too, still breezy and chilly but a definite spot of springtime in my heart.

Jan, how's your back????? Meds still working?

See ya Ladies!

quiltingtrish
February 16th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Sounds like the change of weather is causing some of the aches and pains. Maybe?

Deb - and that also designates you as a true quilter. Because they do stuff like that and make quilts for people they really don't care for. Won't she be surprised that you put so much work in to something for her during her illness.

Odie finally got his package he was supposed to get on Saturday. That should help his boredom. We're still hoping his classes start on the 24th. He's getting tired of cleaning clean areas. Too bad cause there's alot to clean here that I could use him for. haha.

Didn't need a coat today. Took it out at lunchtime and threw it in the car. Even went to the food store without it. Tomorrow should be warmer but not looking forward to the mix we are supposed to get next week. Maybe it will fizzle out.

Hugs,

janluna
February 16th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Blondie, the pain meds are working. Yesterday, I reached up to put a tea pot on my hutch and twisted as I stretched. The pain took my breath away. After I finished what I was doing I went and laid down and just laying down helped the pain. That's a first. That it left that quick. I can't predict the weather anymore. I have to watch the news like most other people. lol I missed you guys when I couldn't get on. It's good to talk to you all.
Trish it was nice here yesterday and today. Friday is supposed to be in the fifties. Next week cold again but at least its a start to spring. Glad Odie is doing better even if he is bored. Your box from home will do him more good than anything. You're such a good Mama. Love you all, Jan