PDA

View Full Version : Dear Oklahomans:

SallyO'Sews
May 20th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Please know we are praying for you and yours. May Almighty God have mercy on us all, and especially on you.
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

ilive2craft2
May 20th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Prayers for all already impacted by these storms and those in the path of these storms. Lisa

aliaslaceygreen
May 20th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Just unspeakable devastation....prayers for all in the area....

janluna
May 20th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I'm Praying for them and for people in the path of more storms tonight. I'm going through my stash of unfinished quilts. I'm going to get busy and get them done, so I can send them to survivors. Those poor people. Their town is gone. They will be needing everything. Pray for the survivors and the ones who are still trapped,and for the families affected by the deaths. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Mom23
May 20th, 2013, 11:34 PM
If anybody on the forum knows of where quilts could be sent please post the information. My heart just aches for all the people in the path of devastation. Praying for everybody affected in any way.

lilmouse
May 20th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I am praying too, feel so bad for all those people!

WendyI
May 20th, 2013, 11:50 PM
I am sure hoping that everyone from the forum is safe. So tragic what has happened.

pcbatiks
May 21st, 2013, 12:05 AM
It is such a helpless feeling seeing the devastation on TV from Oklahoma.........prayers and thoughts for everyone in that area......especially the families who lost loved ones and the emergency workers who work endlessly to do what they can to help. Praying that God will give them strength during this time.

cahanes
May 21st, 2013, 12:14 AM
Yes praying for all that have been impacted by these storms the last few days. Too much devastation & lives lost. God please have mercy on your people & place your peace around them. I'm in NE Oklahoma and we are fine here. My heart aches for all the hurting people.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
May 21st, 2013, 12:15 AM
Praying for everyone! Stay safe.

auntiemern
May 21st, 2013, 01:08 AM
Have them in my prayers. As much as we would love to send quilts, I know that when the tornado devastated Joplin, people sent quilts and they ended up in thrift stores. The Red Cross said they needed $ not quilts. I thought that was so sad when I heard that. I would love to send a quilt to someone in Oklahoma. My cousin is very close to the area that was hit. Maybe I could get some info from him.

heavnli62
May 21st, 2013, 01:44 AM
My heart goes out to all affected in this devastation. If we can send some stitched love..... please post for us.

RachelMichelle
May 21st, 2013, 02:06 AM
My heart also goes out to all of those effected by all the storms in the last couple days. I absolutely HATE this time of year just because of tornado season. I live in south east kansas and was told at job #1 today when campus police called around 1:15 that we were under a tornado watch until 10 tonight. Then I was at job #2, an after school program with about 45 kids today when parents kept coming and getting their children. I cant imagine if anything happened to that school or those kids.
I am lucky that nothing hit my town except so bad winds and lots of rain, but they spotted rotations over the college campus, so if I was at job #1 I would have been even more of a basket case (I have experienced bad weather there also). I am even more scared of storms now after the Joplin tornado, Joplin is about 40 minutes away and my family and I go there often, it was also on the day I graduated from high school, I will ever forget that day.

Kaytessa
May 21st, 2013, 02:47 AM
Keeping them in prayers..keeping all in prayers that are in the paths of these horrible storms.

May God shower his tender mercies down upon all.

phoots
May 21st, 2013, 03:33 AM
I'm praying for all those effected by the storms Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I pray that any storms tomorrow and the remainder of the week will be mild.

Pam in Vegas

CyndyK
May 21st, 2013, 08:56 AM
I, too live in NE Oklahoma, and was watching it all on my computer screen from work yesterday, before we had to go to the basement/tunnel system for the tornado warning. I woke up thinking about it and praying. I believe I'm still in shock somewhat. Those poor communities. BTW, Toby Keith came from Moore, OK so I would not be surprised if he gets involved in helping.

Jess1377
May 21st, 2013, 09:04 AM
I got an email this morning from my local quilt shop here that asked for quilts to donate as a lady was going up there to help today. I will ask the owner if she plans on doing that through out the next few weeks and maybe you could send them to their shop? They are a local quilt shop and wear their hearts on their sleeves and do a lot of local work to help people in the area and quilts of valor work. This is their site http://www.quiltnbee.biz/contact.htm
It will be later that I get in contact with them, I am going to work soon until mid afternoon so I wont be back here till later to fill anyone in if any of you are interested.

CrazyMtnLady
May 21st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Prayer after prayer being said for all those affected by the storms. The loss of life is always a tragic thing, but it just seems so much worse when it is children.

My one question is why didn't these schools have storm shelters? This town was hit hard in 1999 by a F5 tornado, so it seems they would be more prepared for tornadoes. It doesn't sound like any of the schools had a storm shelter.

Sandy Navas
May 21st, 2013, 10:55 AM
I agree with Marilyn - lets hold off on trying to get quilts sent (although you and I know they are truly needed), but my quilt guild was told, after Joplin, that the quilts were donated to thrift stores and victims never even had a chance to see them. So SAD but they do need food and water worse right now. Later on, when they are trying to get their lives back together will be time enough. Prayers!!!

HandsOffItsMine
May 21st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Prayers have been said since the news of the horrible tornadoes. We have friends in the area of Moore, all are accounted for but one set of parents related to friends. :( Needless to say, they are worried sick.

My heart is especially heavy for the parents/grandparents of the children. I to don't understand why the schools didn't have safe rooms for them. Kudos and blessings for the teachers who covered children with their own bodies to protect them, one saved six that way! Amazing!!

I have been through one tornado warning in a basement in Greenville, I will take earthquakes any day and we've been through some bad ones. This is just type of devastation is beyond words...

May we hear from all our Forum family and friends that all is well.

Prayers, hugs and healing light to all, Don, Ruby and family.

GuitarGramma
May 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
My heart goes out to everyone who experienced this horrible tornado, especially the people who lost their lives or lost loved ones. I can't even imagine the trauma. The entire community will be in my prayers.

Jess1377
May 21st, 2013, 02:30 PM
I got an email this morning from my local quilt shop here that asked for quilts to donate as a lady was going up there to help today. I will ask the owner if she plans on doing that through out the next few weeks and maybe you could send them to their shop? They are a local quilt shop and wear their hearts on their sleeves and do a lot of local work to help people in the area and quilts of valor work. This is their site http://www.quiltnbee.biz/contact.htm
It will be later that I get in contact with them, I am going to work soon until mid afternoon so I wont be back here till later to fill anyone in if any of you are interested.

Sorry, they need the quilts by today today cause they are driving up there tomorrow. So, disregard please.

SallyO'Sews
May 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Prayer after prayer being said for all those affected by the storms. The loss of life is always a tragic thing, but it just seems so much worse when it is children.

My one question is why didn't these schools have storm shelters? This town was hit hard in 1999 by a F5 tornado, so it seems they would be more prepared for tornadoes. It doesn't sound like any of the schools had a storm shelter.

I had the same question. One of the weather guys on TV (CNN?? not sure) said that most buildings don't have basements in that area because the ground is solid rock underneath topsoil. You would have to blast through it with dynamite, and that is prohibitively expensive. I'm not an engineer or an architect, but I'm now interested in learning how building designers figure out how to make homes, schools, hospitals, etc. more impervious to hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.

Jackiegross
May 23rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
I saw something on facebook and when I get home I will check.