PDA

View Full Version : Bouquet for all you wonderful ladies

grannyann
May 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I picked these this morning on my walk around the cemetery. That is where I walk my two miles every morning. Along with two deer looking at me these peonies cried out for me to get them before the deer ate them.
So I am sharing with all you wonderful ladies. They smell so nice I might add. Mine in my back yard are just about to burst open.
Enjoy .

Sharyn J
May 20th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Oh, Ann, so beautiful. Brings back many fond memories! Your peonies are early ......none around here are in bloom yet. Thanks for posting. I've got some tears swelling up right now. My mom always told me not to kill off the ants with bug killer or I wouldn't get the beautiful flowers! Glad you saved them from the deer and posted.

Auntpiggylpn
May 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
They are beautiful! One of our peony trees has already bloomed and our bushes are like yours, big and fat, looking like they will burst at any second!

Lilly
May 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Beautiful flowers! Peonies already! My Azalea is just now blooming along with the bleeding hearts. The lily of the valley are up but no buds yet. The dandelions are georgeous and that's about it. It is wonderful to have these pretty peonies to look at. Thank YOU!

Swedish leo
May 20th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Beautiful! I love flowers and this are great!

shannonsaulter
May 20th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Oh Ann how pretty!!! Ty my day is even better now!

CyndyK
May 20th, 2013, 11:09 PM
They are beautiful. I love peonies. I have 2 and one is just starting to bloom.
Thanks for sharing.

ilive2craft2
May 20th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks for sharing! We had those same kind of peonies at the house where we grew up and my grandparents had lots of peonies - dark red, white and of course that same beautiful pink you have here. Loved watching the ants crawl all over them. My mom said the same thing - leave the ants alone or they won't open. The ones around here have not opened yet, but will be soon. Such a distinctive smell - brings back so many memories!

lilmouse
May 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Thank you so much for sharing...there isn't any here, but the tulips are up and blooming...very pretty.

Miss Sheri
May 22nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Lovely! Mine are not even close to blooming yet.

alliek
May 22nd, 2013, 09:02 PM
So lovely (sigh). My DH thought my peony shrub was a weed last fall as he was "trimming" and cleaning up. Yup, he cut it down (it was a young one but the blooms were lovely) I thought that it was the end but here it is coming up again! No flowers yet of course, but I'm so happy to see it! Thanks for the pics of this lovely flower.

Ginny B
May 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks for sharing them with us. They are beautiful.

Ginny B

Blondie
May 22nd, 2013, 09:45 PM
Ann, how I love Peonies. I do not have any pinks, so this is a treat for me. My white ones have been blooming ever so sweetly fragrantly and the heavy rains have drowned them. Thank you for an "extended" season. You're a dear!

I picked these this morning on my walk around the cemetery. That is where I walk my two miles every morning. Along with two deer looking at me these peonies cried out for me to get them before the deer ate them.
So I am sharing with all you wonderful ladies. They smell so nice I might add. Mine in my back yard are just about to burst open.
Enjoy .

auntiemern
May 22nd, 2013, 10:53 PM
Love peonies. Thanks so much for sharing.

Cathy F
May 23rd, 2013, 06:20 AM
Those are so pretty!

Tanya D
May 23rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
So pretty! Thanks for the flowers...they made me smile.

My little shrub (I don't even know what it is) just finished blooming it's pretty little white flowers. My lilacs are just starting to bloom now. And like someone else said, my dandelions are looking lovely and it seems they have brought some friends to join them.

I noticed my raspberry bush is just starting to leaf out...won't get any berries until August.

dizzyLiz
May 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Ann,
Thank you. they are lovely. you made my day