PDA

View Full Version : If you're from OK, MO, IL

dwil23
May 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM
or anywhere the storms have hit, please check in and let us know you are okay.

Prayers for safety for all.

kelliedi
May 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
fine here in mid mo.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
It was mild and gentle but the first gust took out the electric in our neighborhood. Still In the dark 4 hours later. No wind, hail or lightening damage, just no power. I need that treadle machine!

CrazyMtnLady
May 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM
We only got a bit of rain in the lower part of Missouri. But Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa really got hit. My prayers are with those that have suffered loss.

Mary-Louise
May 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
How kind you are to be concerned. Kansas City still has 16,000 without power (but not us; we are fine). A lot of branches fell down in the particular corner where we live. The wind was unbelievable last night, but we had no tornados. We were fortunate.

Mom23
May 20th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I'm in Central Illinois and I don't think it rained a drop last night. There is no sign of wind either. There is a chance of rain today but not much. The farmers are finally in the fields so I hope all rain holds off for the week.

grannyann
May 20th, 2013, 09:54 AM
It is cloudy here but a chance of storms later this afternoon other then that warm and cloudy.

Granny Judy
May 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
We had some rain, but nothing that destroyed anything. Still cloudy today with more rain in the forcast. All is well along the central Illinois River area.

LynneLeavell
May 20th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Glad everyone is ok in the mid west.

Sandy Navas
May 20th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Strong winds and heavy rains with interruption of TV service (satellite) and a very brief power surge (my computer didn't go down) around 7 last night, rained heavily for only 15-20 minutes and was quiet the rest of the night. Lucky here.

cahanes
May 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
We are okay here in Northeast Oklahoma, just a wind gust and a tree/limbs down. Heard there were 26 tornados in total across the mid west. Touchdowns in Edmond, Carney and Shawnee, OK. My prayers go out to all impacted. Round two will be coming through later today. Thank you for your concern.

SuzyQue
May 20th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Marble sized hail, lots of rain and wind, but we are okay. Not sure about the wheat yet. So happy to have a nice basement! More storms coming today and the sky is already dark and I hear distant thunder. I guess this will be our spring!

New York Sue
May 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I was thinking of you all while watching srorm chaser coverage ysterday.
Be safe, guys!

SallyO'Sews
May 20th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Yes, please do check in! I've been thinking about my quilty friends in the country's mid-section... That red swath on the map from Oklahoma to Iowa was very scary looking! Praying for your safety and that of your loved ones. Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

shermur
May 20th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Lost power for about an hour last night and had the top of one of the Bradford pear trees land in the drive way. Hubby and I were out in the heavy rain trying to clean up the branch so hubby could get the car out the next morning for work....Fun evening!

janluna
May 20th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Praying for all those affected in Moore, OK. Also for Shawnee, OK. This is the third tornado in Moore since 1999. I would have moved out then. Especially after the repeat in 2003. Now they are saying, " We'll get it built again." I would have moved to Canada as far north as possible. So scary. We have had a couple here but the damage is minimal. Usually one house or building loses a roof. Most houses, building, etc. have cellars to hide in. They can hit anywhere ,I know, but I'd be moving on if my town got hit twice. So sad for the 7 children that have lost their lives. They said the death toll now stands at 51. Praying for all the people who could get hit tonight.
God Bless the people of Moore and Shawnee. May the Lord protect them from any other storms tonight. Praying for all the people on this site who could be in the path of another one. Hugs, Jan L.

dwil23
May 21st, 2013, 05:40 AM
Praying for all those affected in Moore, OK. Also for Shawnee, OK. This is the third tornado in Moore since 1999. I would have moved out then. Especially after the repeat in 2003. Now they are saying, " We'll get it built again." I would have moved to Canada as far north as possible. So scary. We have had a couple here but the damage is minimal. Usually one house or building loses a roof. Most houses, building, etc. have cellars to hide in. They can hit anywhere ,I know, but I'd be moving on if my town got hit twice. So sad for the 7 children that have lost their lives. They said the death toll now stands at 51. Praying for all the people who could get hit tonight.

God Bless the people of Moore and Shawnee. May the Lord protect them from any other storms tonight. Praying for all the people on this site who could be in the path of another one. Hugs, Jan L.

Amen.

Bumping this up as I know the weather is bad again tonight and hope everyone in it's path will check in as soon as they can.

Bubby
May 21st, 2013, 07:51 AM
We had a terrible storm, but we are fine. We seem to be intact outdoors also except for losing about half of our tomato plants and lots of large limbs to deal with. I don't know about our apartments in Cuba or our old house in town yet.

We are thankful we were spared another full-on tornado like we had in 2009.

Prayers for everyone here and their families.

MRoy
May 21st, 2013, 07:58 AM
So glad to hear that you all are ok. Praying for those affected by the terrible storms.

CrazyMtnLady
May 21st, 2013, 09:45 AM
We had rain and lightening last night and lost power for quite awhile. I was a sleep and the security camera makes an awful beep beep beep when power comes back on, which woke me up..then the power went right back out, this happened 4 times before it came on and stayed. Then I had to get up and reset the security camera to get it to stop beeping (DH can't hear the beep), turn off the lights that were left on and blow out the utility candles he had lit. Not looking forward to the next round of storms this evening.

Stay safe.

Monique
May 21st, 2013, 03:37 PM
Thinking of all of you being hit or was hit by tornadoes.

janluna
May 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=Bubby;318359]We had a terrible storm, but we are fine. We seem to be intact outdoors also except for losing about half of our tomato plants and lots of large limbs to deal with. I don't know about our apartments in Cuba or our old house in town yet.

We are thankful we were spared another full-on tornado like we had in 2009.

Bubby, I'm so glad you were not hurt. When my Mom and Step-Dad lived in Castle OK., they had to make a quick trip to the storm cellar. When they came out after the Tornado passed, Half of Mom's vegetable garden looked like a salad all mixed together, and the other half was perfect. It looked like a photo of the perfect garden. They lost all their windows, had damage to their car, but everything else was untouched. One family lost most of their house, but everyone else in town were fine. This town had 25 homes and a post office in it. When I say small I mean small. There were more houses on the street I lived on when I was a kid.
Praying for everyone in Shawnee and Moore in OK and anyone else in the path of these storms.
God Bless you all. Please stay safe. And I hope your rental properties are unharmed, and anyone living in them are safe. Love you, Jan L.

pdjewelrylady
May 21st, 2013, 03:57 PM
It was mild and gentle but the first gust took out the electric in our neighborhood. Still In the dark 4 hours later. No wind, hail or lightening damage, just no power. I need that treadle machine!
:) i have one for you - come on and get it!! :)

Tanya D
May 21st, 2013, 04:18 PM
Prayers are being said for all the victims in the path of this horrendous tornado. I've been watching videos on CNN most of the day. Nothing more touching than kids being reunited with their family members.

auntiemern
May 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Just southwest of St. Louis. We are fine. I was at DD's when the bad storm that went through last night. We had heavy rain for about 20 min, and a little wind, but nothing damaged. At my house, 5 miles away, DH said it rained, but nothing hard. Crazy how that short a distance, the weather can be completely different. Any way, we are all fine. Prayers for all those affected. Hoping our quilty sisters are all ok. Glad to hear from so many of you.

SuzyQue
May 21st, 2013, 05:00 PM
We only had rain last night, although a tornado was sighted about 30 minutes away....again. We are definitely counting our blessings today! We haven't had a spring this year, but I guess it is all coming in one week!

Hulamoon
May 21st, 2013, 05:07 PM
I was just watching the morning news ( it's still early here) How awful :( I have been through two earthquakes and two hurricanes but it didn't look anything like that. I hope there are no more casualties.

Jackiegross
May 23rd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Independence MO had some really strong winds and rains, but that was all. I am so greatful for that.