PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was Sunday - does that mean it's Monday? YIKES

Blondie
May 20th, 2013, 06:18 AM

Hey Folksies!

It's Monday and you know what that means! Pull the smiles back out of your top pocket - even though the weekend is over, we will need to practice the smiles for the new week. That includes me, too. I mean, I had a MAH VA LES weekend and all; in all honesty, I like my weekends to meld into the week whenever I can.

Friday was a crazy busy day at the salon; I stayed with Mom on Friday night - normally I wait until Saturday - she really wanted me to stay, so, how can I say no to that sweet face? After work on Saturday my middle son Josh was at the house. I felt like it was Christmas. He had called and told me he was coming over this weekend - just didn't know which day. Seems as if my family was in cahoots to give me a big surprise . . .

My DD, Sarah (or say-rah as we fondly call her) and the sweetest and bestest fella ran off and got married.

Sarah kept telling me that they would just show up with the marriage a done deal, no fuss and feathers since she had that the first time and it didn't take, lol, and being true to her word, well sir, they did it. The whole family went out to eat Mexican and even with the horrid thunder storms we had, in our hearts and faces, the sun was shining. My Mom was grinning ear to ear and kept saying, I am so happy for you both. Now that it is official, I expect my next big announcement will be a baby. I sure hope so. Not that I like kids at all, but, I do like babies.

I have so much to get caught up on again; looks as if y'all have been chatty this weekend. After all the par-tay-ing we did Saturday evening on into Sunday morning, I think I may take a nap today! I most certainly will NOT be turning on the news. I want to stay in my happy bubble a wee bit longer. After all, tomorrow starts another round of dr visits that I would love to just cancel and thumb my nose at the rest of the week. I think I shall continue to make the best of my happy weekend news and dance with the dog and then the cat after hubs leaves for work this morning. I mean I am still buzzing like the cicadas in the woods!

Have a terrific day, everyone. Blessings, hugs, prayers and loads of smiles to each one here.

bkthomas
May 20th, 2013, 06:25 AM
That's great news Blondie! Your DD is so beautiful and looks so happy! Congrats to them!!!

MRoy
May 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Good morning and congratulations to Sarah and to you!

quilter.martha
May 20th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Oh Blondie, congrats to your DD and new SIL! I can't even imagine your happiness!

It was a great weekend for me, too. Friday was my birthday and my DD came home from NY for it. Our son came over, spent the night Friday night and we all went to dinner to celebrate my bday. My daughter loves her quilt I just finished for her--that's a relief! She doesn't leave until tomorrow, so we have one more day to spend together. I just want to cherish each moment we have together as they are too far between now.

I'm now working on valances for my sewing room. They're bright and cheery! I'll post when finished.

Have a great dayA!

Monique
May 20th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Congratulations Blondie, how wonderful. Babies huh?

Today we off to Burlington, VT today. And there is a Joann's. I found a place here where I can buy a Magnolia tree. I have always wanted one.

It is my last day here. I have had such a wonderful time with the kids. I hate to go home.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Mpyles
May 20th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Good morning!!

Congrats to Sarah and the groom!! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!! Mine was pretty good, everyone at the dinner table last night so that makes me happy. Happy belated birthday Martha!! Monique, glad to hear your trip is going well and you are enjoying yourself!!

Prayers to those in Oklahoma and Kansas that were affected by the storms. Our torcon scale goes up today here in Missouri. So everyone here be safe!!

Blondie I found this on the Internet and thought of you! 47758

Everyone have a great day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 20th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone! Glad to hear from you Blondie and congratulations to Sarah and new hubby! Hope that baby news happens!

We had the mildest of storms here, started about 3:00 a.m. With the first little gust of wind, our electric went off and is still off. So this will be short to save my phone electrons! Hope somebody somewhere is working to fix it! Need that treadle machine today, or turn me into a hexinut!

CrazyMtnLady
May 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Good morning all. A little drippy outside...liquid sunshine you know... and more on the way. We were spared the nasty storms that went through Missouri last night, they went north of us. We just had a wee bit of rain.

Congrats on your daughter's marriage, Blondie. I am sure you are grinning from ear to ear. :)

Martha: Happy belated Birthday. Glad to hear you have been having a great weekend. Enjoy the time with your daughter.

Made a spot for the kittens and mama in the hay tent yesterday. I decided they needed to get use to the outdoors since I will not have them as house cats. They are now going on 6 weeks old. I really hope to find homes for all of then though. A couple more weeks and they should be weaned and ready to give away.

Got a bit of housework to do today and then I will start packing DH's clothes for his Michigan trip. He still has a few things to do around here before he can leave though.

I am planning a sewing marathon in the days he is gone. I have to get caught up on Secret Pal Swap. I know what I want to make so no problem. ....yeah...right!

Hope everyone has a great day and those that were in the path of those storms last night are safe and dry. More storms this afternoon and tonight, so buckle up it may be a bumpy ride.

Hugs and prayers to all.

ilive2craft2
May 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Good Morning all! Congratulations Blondie on getting a son in law. Sarah and her groom look very happy. Those dr appts are a pain, but sometimes they prevent those lovely runs to the er. Hope mom is continuing to improve!

Martha - Happy Belated Birthday - glad you had a good time celebrating it. Monique - it sounds like you are enjoying your trip.

Off to work I go. Last week of school, so it will be a busy one. I will remember to SMILE. :) Lisa

Mom23
May 20th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Good Morning Blondie! Congratulations to you, Sarah and the rest of the family. Your mom is so fortunate to have you take such great care of her. She is blessed to have you, as you are to have her.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I got to talk to all three of my kids within about an hour of each other. My daughter came over for a quick visit. Right after she walked out the door my youngest son, who is studying in The Netherlands now, called my cell phone to "Face Time". I had never done that before but it was great to see his face and talk after not seeing him for nearly two weeks. I think he's a little homesick. After I talked to him my middle son made his regular Sunday phone call. It was great to talk to all of them. Last night some friends came over to plan our Alaska trip. It's looking to be a fairly busy week but I hope to get some sewing done. Quilt Guild tonight!!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

Truly,
Robin

aliaslaceygreen
May 20th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Oh what happy news and a perfectly good reason to be MIA all weekend!!
Congrats to the happy couple!

My DD Arlie was in a wedding on Saturday in PA... apparently one of the guests proposed to her--he set a date (oddly enough, her 30th BD which she declared off limits) the rest of the family of her "fiance" quickly rescheduled because her birthday is on a monday... lol... yep, down on his knees and she'd never met the guy... guessing it was a REALLY good wedding, lol!!!

Weather here has three kinds of rain forecast.... off today and tomorrow....my weekend!

Heading out to get Laylabug and go to the local nursery for some geraniums....

Have a GREAT day...

pcbatiks
May 20th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Hi everyone........I hope no one had an major problems from the storms. Blondie......congrats to Sarah and her new DH. And Happy Belated Birthday to Martha...it sounds like you had a good one. We found out yesterday morning that someone ran there car off the road into the ditch in front of our house........and flattened some of our neighbors fence (about 15 feet) & made a huge mess where he got stuck. It happened about 2:30 Sunday morning...........we slept right through it. So late yesterday afternoon my DH & I picked up the section of fence that was broken and flattened and put it in the trash.

I got back to sewing background blocks for my aunts throw quilt yesterday and plan to do more today. Hope everyone has a good quilty day!

dwil23
May 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Congrats on the new SIL, Blondie! Sounds like your DD has a good head on her shoulders. Hope all goes well with your appts tomorrow. Belated Happy Birthday to you, Martha. Glad to hear the storms weren't too bad, Jean, but hope that power comes back on soon.

To everyone else, have a safe a blessed day. Hoping to get some rain here.

EnumclawGramma
May 20th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Good Morning! Yes, it's Monday. All day. We only get one of these a week so make the most of it!
Aw Blondie! Congratulations to Sarah and her new hubby. I hope he knows what he just became a part of! Lucky guy! Glad you got to see your Josh. Can't get enough of "kid time".

We spent the entire weekend in the yard! It's looking so purdy out there I may just have to take pictures and post them. I am thankful that I've got the energy to get out there and make a difference with the rest of the family. I never really gained back my strength after my bout with shingles last year. We weeded and pruned and mowed and raked and whoa nelly! My daughter's BF and I powerwashed most of my 800 sq. ft. deck and I'll finish it today. Trying to get things in order for a surprise birthday party for my son Josh in July. I even have some tomatoes for my deck this year and will be planting lots of color on the deck as a reward when I finish up with all the other stuff.....I bought a new picnic table that's needing to be stained. That's on my list today.

I've got a baby quilt to finish and lots of other projects in the making that I hopefully soon will have time for. I miss my sewing machine.....sometimes I just go in there and look at my fabric. *sigh*

That's it for now. One more cuppa and I'll be ready to get this day started. Hugs and prayers to all who want/need.

MayinJerset
May 20th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Good to see Blondie's smiles this morning, and she has a lot to smile about with Sarah's wonderful surprise. Good to see most everyone had a busy weekend with family visits and activities. Prayers going with Donna's DH on his trip to Michigan after his Mom's passing.

Had a very nice long lunch on Friday with my Granny Cousins and another cousin joined us for coffee. Sat. and Sunday's rain ruled out backyard weeding so we did a few things around the house. DH kept busy making a big garden cart, why I ask as we (meaning me) aren't able to do much gardening any longer. Anyway it keeps him busy and I do have 2 big planters on the deck that need to be moved to the front door so the cart will be useful. Dreary Sunday made us want to get out of the house so we visited a not so local quilt shop for fabric for new great grandson George's quilt. Chose a sweet light blue, white and soft yellow print and need to begin it ASAP as his christening may be as soon as June 2nd. DH was looking for some dark velvet fabric to use for background in some of his photo compositions but the high price turned him off.

Hope all our friends weren't harmed by the nasty weather out West. Man, Mother Nature is really giving some of us a bad time this year.

Sandy Navas
May 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Oh what happy news and a perfectly good reason to be MIA all weekend!!
Congrats to the happy couple!

My DD Arlie was in a wedding on Saturday in PA... apparently one of the guests proposed to her--he set a date (oddly enough, her 30th BD which she declared off limits) the rest of the family of her "fiance" quickly rescheduled because her birthday is on a monday... lol... yep, down on his knees and she'd never met the guy... guessing it was a REALLY good wedding, lol!!!

Weather here has three kinds of rain forecast.... off today and tomorrow....my weekend!

Heading out to get Laylabug and go to the local nursery for some geraniums....

Have a GREAT day...

WELL, have you done the background check? And, DID SHE ACCEPT???????

Granny Judy
May 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
wow, lots going on with everyone.. Congrats on the New SIL, Blondie!! Great addition to the family.

Been doing the yard work and planting flowers in the 6 big pots scattered around the yard. DD & I bought the makings for a little water feature. Now the birds have a place to drink, bathe and eat all in one yard!!

I finished up the Grandmas Garden Quilt top. PUt it in the pile of UFO's to be quilted. Got several at that stage.. Just waiting for me to find a long-arm quilter to do them justice. NOW I have another Lone Star Quilt top started--for my Brother. It's in the green color family- with browns and teals. I'll try to get a photo put up at my blog.. he doesn't do computer stuff, so I'm free to brag all I want!!

Glad to see all the smiles going out this week.. got mine on and another at the ready!!

Sandy Navas
May 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I know I wrote a note yesterday in the Sunday thread but must have gotten distracted because it isn't posted. Been looking forward to the wedding announcement of Sarah and her lucky new hubby. Sure hope Blondie gets her wish and has grandbabies galore to hug on sometime within the next couple years!!

Been working an estate sale the last couple days. Don't know if it was the offerings or the weather (which has been gorgeous) that kept people away. We have lots of regulars and everyone knows the schedule and are bargain hunting. First day full price, second day 1/2 price and the last day (today) 1/4 price . . . the rest gets donated to charity. Not much there that I would walk out the door with - can't believe how absolutely filthy this house was before we started. I had to bite my tongue when one of the buyers made a comment I overheard "My, isn't this a wonderfully clean sale . . . "

I am hoping that after today is over I can concentrate on getting some stuff shuffled here at home (and maybe find my sewing machine oil - does anyone know where I stashed it??) . . . and maybe I can find some sewing time.

So, I leave you with smiles, aching muscles, a wearied brain, and prayers for those in need. May this week treat you with nothing but kindness.

Madeforyouinma11
May 20th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Mornin' all... Congratulations to Sarah and the new groom!
Busy weekend for me. Saturday, I cleaned all day. My house was a dust ball from sanding walls and I couldn't take it any more. I needed to clean the dust before I could paint. I cleaned everything I touched....I did some painting yesterday but plan on doing lots today.
Hoping everyone has a great day and do what makes you 47765

Prayers and hugs to everyone.

SuzyQue
May 20th, 2013, 11:40 AM
We weathered the storms fairly well, but more expected today. We did have some marble sized hail last night, some even shooter sized besides lots of rain and wind. The sky is dark already today. We do need the rain for the ponds and the crops, but the severe stuff can just go away. Haven't checked the wheat fields yet........hope all is ok, but hail is never good on the crops. No telling what today will bring.....seems like weeks since I have been in the studio! Sigh!

lilmouse
May 20th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Morning all, great news Blondie, so happy for you and your daughter! Happy Belated Birthday Martha, glad you had a good weekend. The baptism was awesome; got lots of hugging and holding and rocking in yesterday! Helped my daughter get going on the serger I got her for her birthday. I didn't know she had never used one so it was interesting and that is one machine I don't want to own....! LOL She does a lot of clothes and projects to help raise money for their church so she definitely needed one. My grandson has kidnapped my pillow I left up there for my visits....told his Momma that it smells like me and he misses me so. How sweet was that! Mind you this is the grandson that "hates" kisses but I sure got in my share of hugs! Kids are so funny and cute.
Spent some of my driving time praying for everyone...made the trip go allot faster.
Hugs and prayers for all, hope everyone survived the bad weather!
Smile, you are on the green side of the grass!

quiltingtrish
May 20th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Hello everyone~!
Congratulations Blondie on your new son-in-law. I see more babies to love on in the future for you too.
It sounds like everyone is having a good Monday, me included. Even though I woke up yesterday to a full-blown head cold with the aches and massive headache and took off today - still feel like I can't function in the classroom - Katie phoned to say they accepted her in to the Marines! She is swearing in today and will leave the end of the summer. She has wanted this for a long time, since she was about 10 and when we went down to see Odie graduate from Parris Island, she told the drill instructors that she would be back. I am so happy that she finally has a direction in her life. Now she just has to make sure that the new friends she makes won't be the kind to drag her down. She wants to do something with engineering with airplanes, sounds exciting to me!
Looks like another nap coming on. This cold is sure making me sleep alot. Anywhoo - I am still smiling.

Prayers for those in the paths of the storms .

Hugs,

Lindagie
May 20th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hello and congrats to your DD and the new SIL. Sounds like your mama was happy too and doing better, I hope. Such great news all around!
Friday my DH "graduated" from Cardiac rehab, so that was a good thing. Now on to the local gym to continue on, since we both need to work out. Got two baby quilt tops finished for Cardinal Glennon; so I have a good start on those, FINALLY!
We had some wind and rain that started about 4 a.m., but that was about it. We are expecting more storms today and tomorrow though. Yuk!
Funny that you aren't a "kid" fan, but love the babies. My MIL was the opposite; she wasn't too comfortable with babies; didn't fuss with the kids until they could carry on a "real" conversation with her. One thing about babies; you always know where they are; once they start walking all bets are off, and it is harder to keep up with them as we get older. Another reason I need to go to the gym and get in shape. LOL!!

shannonsaulter
May 20th, 2013, 01:03 PM
GM all.... Congrats Blondie for the new addition to the family..
It's my Friday!!! Am looking forward to some r&r
Not much news here but work work work...

toggpine
May 20th, 2013, 01:13 PM
There was some serious scrubbing done around here yesterday. I had let the son deal with the main bathroom for the most part. (I did clean it if we were expecting company.) Since he moved out a week ago I decided it was time to get in & deep clean. It smells so much better in there! Boys can be so messy in the bathroom.
We got the sample paint on the walls in the empty room. Dad let Em "paint" the walls. It looks like we have cave drawings in there! I took pictures so we know what's really hiding under the paint.
We also scooted out to the local nursery for some plants. I could not convince hubby to get the "disposable" flowers at the big box store. He probably paid triple for the annuals, but it made him happy to have something to plant. I found a new clematis I would really like to plant. It looks like it is glowing purple. The name is Vancouver, starry nights. I also found a new-to-me type of lilac called Miss Canada. It has slightly droopy bell blossoms. Almost like the regular ones just didn't open all of the way. I'm not sure where I would plant one, so it will live at the nursery.

We had the son, grandson, and son's girlfriend over for supper last night. It was kind of nice. I think the son is a bit shocked that we are getting the room re-done so soon. I'm using it as a excuse to get a bunch of other stuff finished that should have been done years ago.

I'm off to work! You all have a good day and don't forget to be the reason someone smiles today!
Cathy

P.S. Trish - You can't just tell us that much of the story and leave us hanging!

janluna
May 20th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Congratulations on the new addition to your family, Blondie. Sarah looks so happy! We wish them both blessings and joy as they start their life together. So glad you and LL got to spend time with your family.
I have to kick my Son and DIL out so they can get away, and I can get a DGD fix. I'm spending the day with my DD on Thursday. Can't wait.
Martha, Happy Birthday, Sweetie! Glad your day was special.
Well, I'd best close for now. I have to shop for groceries. We are out of everything! lol It's supposed to be hot, humid, and miserable today. Hope I don't have to dodge raindrops too. I guess I could use a shower! (grin)
Have a great day everyone! Keep you're hearts light and let them shine. Carry on my loves.
Love, Hugs, and Prayers for everyone. Blessings, Jan L.

auntiemern
May 20th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Wonderful news Blondie. Don't have time to read all the posts yet, but will get to them later on today. Granny has kid duty ALL day today, and taking the oldest GD to get her, 'I have to have it' new hair cut. Hugs and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

janluna
May 20th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Trish, I hope your cold goes away quickly. Saying Prayers for your relief. Rest and get well soonest. Love you, Hugs and Prayers, Jan L.

bakermom
May 20th, 2013, 06:00 PM
wonderful news Blondie! Best wishes for the new couple.
Trish, hope all goes well for Katie now. thank her for her service (my brother was in the Marines)

aliaslaceygreen
May 20th, 2013, 10:26 PM
WELL, have you done the background check? And, DID SHE ACCEPT???????

LOL!!!

I think she is gonna hold off on the gown and all that for the moment...but there seems to be a weird kind of fate thing going on...they apparently wen to the same college at the same time, and last year were both in Vegas at the same time...oh and he drives the same kind of car...lol....

Ginny B
May 20th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Well, Congratulations Blondie!! How wonderful. :icon_happy: All the best to the bride and groom.

And to all in the path of the terrible storms, stay safe.

Ginny B

WendyI
May 21st, 2013, 12:12 AM
Congratulations Blondie on the new family acquisition!! Since Monday is almost over, I'll just wait for Tuesdays thread! I have the day off and today was a holiday...long weekends are the best! Thinking of all the folks in Oklahoma tonight. :(