PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all

Lonna
May 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
for responding to my post yesterday. I do in fact have the shingles they did give me a prescription to help with it. I am in so much pain that I just don't know how I am going to be able to go to work tomorrow. My rash just started breaking out last night did some reading and saw where it can take anywhere from 3-5 days for all the bumps to break out. Please keep me in your prayers as I try to figure out how I am going to deal with dressing for work and then to stay awake as with this pain all I want to do is sleep. Thank you all so much.

pcbatiks
May 19th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Lonna......I'm glad you were able to a Rx to help with the shingles. Will definitely be praying for you. Thinking of you.....

HandsOffItsMine
May 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM
(((Lonna))), poor thing! Prayers, hugs and healing light heading your way. Know you must be miserable.

Much love from Don and I.

Bubby
May 19th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I hope you feel better soon, Lonna. I had a mild case of shingles 48 years ago when my first child was born, but I can't remember what, if anything, was done to help me. I know several people who have terrible cases of shingles (mostly men) and they really suffer at times. I recently got a shingles vaccination. Maybe you can get one after you are well again. Take care of youself. Hugs...

EnumclawGramma
May 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Lonna I would avoid putting anything on them unless your doctor tells you it's good. Like cremes. I wanted to use calamine or Benadryl creme...something like that and my doc told me it would FEED them. I think I used Aveeno for the itching once the pain began to subside. I haven't been able to wear a regular bra since I had them. Sports bras only. I would suggest clothing as loose as you can get away with. Cool showers feel good and avoid sitting in direct sun because that makes them hurt worse. The only way I could describe the pain to people around me was that it was like someone was poking at me with a live electric wire. If you can stay home and REST for a few days that would be really good for you. I was told it is contagious when the blisters are open to people who have never had chicken pox. (they can get chicken pox).

The MOST important thing is for you to take care of yourself and get rest. That's what will do you the MOST good right now. Put on something loose fitting and lay around and take care of YOU. Prayers for you....this just makes me tear up! It is no fun.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 19th, 2013, 07:33 PM
How can our hearts do nothing but ache for you right now? I can only hope and pray you get a mild case and the medicine helps you! My thoughts and prayers are with you, my dear!

nanaleslie
May 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Lonna shingles aren't fun at all. I feel for you. I've had shingles 3 times in the last 5-6 yrs and it hurts like crazy. Twice on my back and then the last time I got it on my neck and upper chest but just on the one side. Take it easy and hopefully the meds will help it clear up fast. Take care! :(

shannonsaulter
May 19th, 2013, 08:50 PM
take care and dont over do!

MRoy
May 19th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Lonna, I hope the medication helps a lot! Take care of yourself. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Kbaz0130
May 19th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Many prayers your way. I have had friends and family with shingles and they said trying to relax helps. I know that doesn't seem possible when you are in so much pain, but I am sending happy thoughts your way to help. Hang in there.

New York Sue
May 19th, 2013, 10:21 PM
This just sucks!
I went by my local Rite-Aid today, and they have signage out 'Shingle shot available', and thought of you. I've been told by more than one acquaintance that insurance only pays for the immunization if you're over 60. RIDICULOUS. I personally know of two in their fifties that have recently become afflicted!
I wish you the best my friend. God speed.

janluna
May 19th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Lonna, Honey, I feel so bad for you! My DH and I have been praying for you to have a really light case, or at least a miracle. So sorry. I know how painful they are. My friend Gail had them too. She said she never felt pain like shingles can dish out. Just be aware you are contagious as far as chicken pox virus goes. Don't go near anyone you know who has Leukemia, or Aplastic Anemia, or anyone with a suppressed Immune system because it can be deadly for them. You should stay home where you can be comfy, or at least as comfortable as you can get. You poor Honey. I wish I could reach right through the computer screen and take it away from you. Rest, cold compresses, and more rest, cool showers, more rest. Tell the Doc to give you a note for work. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

BellasQuilts
May 20th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Lonna, don't go to work. Others can get chicken pox from it; plus you are just going to be miserable. Cool baths, oatmeal packs are good and any sort of pain reliever you can get from your doc. So sorry you have this; my sis had it too - not fun at all. Hugs.

ilive2craft2
May 20th, 2013, 12:45 AM
So sorry that you have them. My husband had them really bad several years ago. I didn't realize you could get them more than once - may have to see about that vaccine.... Several other family members have had them too and they are definitely not any fun. Take care of yourself - I agree a day or two at home may be the best thing for you. I sure hope the meds help. Lisa

HdWench
May 20th, 2013, 01:02 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Lonna!! Do please take all the support you can from knowing many prayers and the advice stay at home with your pain and give your body time to heal. Stress I've heard can make it worse (worse than all that horrible pain???) you are added to my prayers list and hope the meds kick in and at least give you some relief from the awful pain.

*note to check into Shingles shots too* Good advice, I've recently seen the sign but had not done research. But if NYSue a nurse says they would help, I don't care about paying for them out of my pocket.

:-Debbie

Evilynn
May 20th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Lonna, I hope you feel better soon! My mother had the shingles also. She said they often appear when you are too stressed out and/or have too much stuff to deal with at one time. Sending many hugs your way!

lilmouse
May 20th, 2013, 04:32 AM
You poor thing...I understand they are quite painful...keeping you in prayer and a very gentle hug

Divine Daisy
May 20th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Oh I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Please don't go to work. I know it is tough in the states to miss work but others can be infected, especially those undergoing treatment or who are in early pregnancy.

rebeccas-sewing
May 20th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Good grief, Lonna! Can't you take some sick time? Have you talked to work about what's going on with you? I can't imagine they would want you working under these circumstances. I know you can't stay out indefinitely but taking a few days off, at least, seems necessary.

Blondie
May 20th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Oh Lonna! Horrid pain, I know first hand. When I had them years ago there wasn't meds and they didn't know about the chicken pox virus. Be sure to take the meds. I am praying for you. The pain is hot and horrible; makes me think that anyone who has had this would never choose to go to hell-o

Blessings
Blondie

for responding to my post yesterday. I do in fact have the shingles they did give me a prescription to help with it. I am in so much pain that I just don't know how I am going to be able to go to work tomorrow. My rash just started breaking out last night did some reading and saw where it can take anywhere from 3-5 days for all the bumps to break out. Please keep me in your prayers as I try to figure out how I am going to deal with dressing for work and then to stay awake as with this pain all I want to do is sleep. Thank you all so much.

janluna
May 20th, 2013, 11:30 PM
We all had to get shingle vacs. because of Emily. They said that the virus could kill her. Everyone should get vaccinated. I don't think there should be an age limit of over 60. Here they said 65. We went to our Doc and insisted they give us one. My friend Margaret's baby girl got shingles. She was 6 weeks old. Then Margaret got the chicken pox! The baby screamed for 7 days. Finally, they gave her meds to help the pain. This was back in the 80's and they didn't have the vaccine. Anybody can get them. You would think they would vaccinate everyone, it would wipeout chicken pox as well. You would probably have to get booster shots every 10 years, but it's so dangerous to those of us who have Cancer, and other Immune systems diseases. It doesn't make sense to me why they won't vaccinate everyone, when they are kids. You don't know who you could be infecting. Some one in a doctors office, school, work, bank, grocery store. If someone reports chicken pox in school, Emily would be pulled out of school. It is that dangerous.
Hugs, Jan L.

WendyI
May 20th, 2013, 11:57 PM
so sorry to read this...but I agree with others...why would you be going to work when you are that ill?? Not taking care of yourself is not going to help you get better.

auntiemern
May 21st, 2013, 12:22 AM
Awe hun. Will certainly be praying for quick relief. Glad you went to doc and got something to help.

Wwena
May 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Oh I haven't had it but my mom has had it a couple of times (both times after being subjected to chicken pox although that corelation seems hard to prove) and she can testify as to the pain! I hope you get better real soon, ouch ouch ouch.

GuitarGramma
May 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Oh, Lonna, I feel so bad for you. Please consider staying home from work. This is an illness, and you need time and rest to recuperate.

You will be in my prayers.

Madeforyouinma11
May 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.. ((((((HUGS))))))

Lonna
May 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. I did stay home from work yesterday and today will wait to see what tomorrow brings. I can not say that I have ever been in such pain before this. All I have done since Saturday is sleep. Sleep for 10 mins wake up for 5 then back to sleep this goes on until bedtime then I take one of Waynes pain pill and off to bed I go, So tired of this non stop pain I just feel like I want to throw up. Only dozed off twice typing this. Have a great day my friends.

EnumclawGramma
May 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Oh my heart goes out to you! SO glad you stayed home. Why didn't your doctor give you something for the pain? I got pain meds and a medication for neuropathic pain I took at night. I got in too late to get the medication specific to shortening the severity and duration.

pcbatiks
May 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Lonna......get all the rest you can........been praying for you.

bopeep
May 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Oh Lonna......good to hear you got some meds........sorry to hear what you are going through.....I Pray the meds help.....you are in my Prayers......
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

SallyO'Sews
May 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hi, Lonna, I'm sorry you're going through this, but glad you could take a couple of days off from work. Joining with the others here in prayer for your quick and painless recovery! Blessings, ~ Sally \0/