PDA

View Full Version : DH accompanied me to the quilt shop

Renate
May 19th, 2013, 09:39 AM
My darling Markus accompanied me to my favorit quilt shop yesterday. (I only wanted to buy only some backing for a baby quilt). TADA, it took me about 2 hours, because they got in the whole new summer collection fabrics ... and of course there ware not only the piece of backing in my bag. Markus was so patient. He talked to the shop owner lady about how to do a good fabric business (maybe you know that we are in the eyewear business) and how this branche works and he did not give me the feeling of I have to hurry up, not one second ... isn`t this true love?

For that he has earned a big big KISSS!

PS: no need to tell you, that I was happy to have him carrying all the bags ....

And here we were:
http://www.thequiltplace.ch/de/grosses-stoff-und-quilt-sortiment.html

PPS: this was only the first step ... now I am waiting a little bit until asking him, if he could help me with cutting the fabric ... slowly slowly :-):icon_cool:

Klasien
May 19th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Ohhhhh that is so sweet!!
Wish we had a quiltshop close by........

Do I read this right, is your DH also in the eyeglass business? Same brand as you sell?
So who knows the both of you can meet my DH in Paris later this year! Remember to go and look for the Prego booth when you are there!!!

kelliedi
May 19th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Renate i could actually read some of that......at least the catgories

MayinJerset
May 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Yes, Your patient Markus deserved his big, big kiss. It is nice when our DH's are a bit toleratant of our quilting passion. My DH brings his camera with him and takes photos for his next photography class or club assignment.

One time he did strike up a conversation with a quilt shop owner, that was when we were in the Netherlands on vacation. He told her that I attend the big quilt show in Lancaster, PA, US every year and a customer joined the conversation as she went to the same show every year with friends. She and her friends live in England and they bring empty suitcases to fill with bargin US fabrics for their trip home.

Renate
May 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Ohhhhh that is so sweet!!
Wish we had a quiltshop close by........

Do I read this right, is your DH also in the eyeglass business? Same brand as you sell?
So who knows the both of you can meet my DH in Paris later this year! Remember to go and look for the Prego booth when you are there!!!

Dear Klasien,
my DH is the boss of our company, it belongs to him. And I am the girl who says where we go along :-) ... No, we share everything, business, privat and all wonderful things in live. I don`t know if I am going to Paris this year, and if, I will only go for one day ... since the fair is outside in Villepinte, it is horrible. It was such a nice trip in the past, when the fair used to be in the city center, than we always spent a long weekend there. But if I goe to Paris I will visit your husband, of course!!!

Klasien
May 19th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Well if you are not going to Paris, you can go to Missouri............... ;)

Dear Klasien,
my DH is the boss of our company, it belongs to him. And I am the girl who says where we go along :-) ... No, we share everything, business, privat and all wonderful things in live. I don`t know if I am going to Paris this year, and if, I will only go for one day ... since the fair is outside in Villepinte, it is horrible. It was such a nice trip in the past, when the fair used to be in the city center, than we always spent a long weekend there. But if I goe to Paris I will visit your husband, of course!!!

bakermom
May 19th, 2013, 11:10 AM
what a fun day! My DH goes to quilt shops with me too. Also talks to anyone around while i browse! while 've never asked him to help me cut(he would, though. He knows how to sew.) he does do my "unsewing". He has more patience than me for that! will even remove an embroidery design if i ask!

GrammaBabs
May 19th, 2013, 11:34 AM
My DH is very understanding of my CONSTANT crafting.... quilting, knitting, crochet... hands are always moving...We met at 16 (HS) and have been together ever since.. (1963) married in 68'... It's he, who remodled the room for my sewing, and fit in all the storage when my quilt frame came.. and is pushing me along to get the Bailey for the extra throat space... we have reached the point of spending what we've saved so long for..we grew up together,, and worked for this.. (not always fun and games).. Son and daughter are settled and now are "checking on us"...Enjoy every minute of each other... the years go so fast...:)

nana margaret
May 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Lovely photo! Our little quilt shop has an armchair for tired husbands to sit and wait, last time we were there the ladies who run it brought him a cup of tea! Next time we go (Tuesday) I've told him I'll make him some sandwiches to go with his tea. :icon_bigsmile:

nanaleslie
May 19th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Well it sounds like you all have definite keepers! LOL My DH supports me in my crafts, puts up shelving and helps with that sort of thing, but I don't think he would go to a fabric store with me. Unless we were on vacation somewhere, then he would probably stay outside. :)

Claire Hallman
May 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Well it sounds like you all have definite keepers! LOL My DH supports me in my crafts, puts up shelving and helps with that sort of thing, but I don't think he would go to a fabric store with me. Unless we were on vacation somewhere, then he would probably stay outside. :)

Mine has been very tolerant of fabric stores we have visited on vacation. When we stopped at M*QC he knew it would be a long visit so he went and washed the car. I don't ask him to go with me when I am at home though, no sense spoiling his good humor by overdosing.

auntiemern
May 19th, 2013, 03:42 PM
You can certainly tell that you are a very happy couple. It is wonderful that he went along with you without complaint. I never take DH fabric shopping with me. The only time he is with me is when I am checking out things at WM. He is patient with me though, but I always feel rushed when he is just standing there. Hopefully you can make the trip to M* in Oct. We all would love to meet you.

SallyO'Sews
May 19th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Renate, your husband is:
1. Very sweet.
2. Very brave.
3. A keeper.

He deserves an extra round of golf this week! :icon_kiss:
LOVE the picture of the two of you - adorable!

Renate
May 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Renate, your husband is:
1. Very sweet.
2. Very brave.
3. A keeper.

He deserves an extra round of golf this week! :icon_kiss:
LOVE the picture of the two of you - adorable!

Yes of course he gets an extra round of golf tomorrow and today evening iam watching the icehockey world championship final with him. Ironing his shirts. This is also love. One hand washes the other.

Evilynn
May 20th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Wow, a keeper for sure :) But you told me already how much you love each other. My guess is that Juha would agree on a time with me when we meet if I was to go to a quilt store. Because he knows I would want to spend time in there. But he would refuse to come in with me. Because if he would he would want to go after 20 mins already max. Which I understand, he just can't get the same excitement as me out of fabrics.. which is okay! :)