PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

Mpyles
May 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone!

It's strange to not find the Daily thread already started. Hope all is well with blondie and her momma.

I am up early this morning, as the dish network people are coming. Our receiver in our living room has become posessed and shuts off on its own or starts crackling and then gets all crazy. Anyway have tried a few times to get assistance via technical over the phone and Internet. It always resets then an hour after you hang up the phone it does it again. So I decided to upgrade the receiver to " the hopper with joeys". Doesn't that sound interesting...it's a receiver that records up to 2 terra bytes of programming that can be watched on any tv in the house. Since they were going to be here anyway I decided to have it hooked up in my sewing room. Now I can watch tv rather than listen to it from another room. Many times while in there I will log in to the Internet and watch something on my sons Netflix account... but...he turned that off so now I can't do that.

DS mowed and trimmed for me yesterday, and DD did the sweeping so I don't have a lot of housework to catch up on so I am going to do some laundry today and I am going to quilt a doll quilt I have been working on and then I have a club project that I need to get moving on or I will be behind like last month. So......lots of sewing for me today hopefully!!

There are forecasts of some stormy weather for Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma today thru Tuesday...so baton down the hatches!! Hopefully everyone will be safe. I hate severe weather...it just unnerves me!!

Everyone have a day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Hi Mary! Hope the bad weather passes you by, up here in St. Louis, we are warned also.

We do miss our Blondie, and as you said, hope she and her mom are doing OK. But thank you for starting the daily hellos.

I got a quilt top bordered, onto the longarm and finished yesterday. Then last night, after resting up for a few hours, I sewed some falling charms blocks for yet another look for that quilt block. I'll share when I get it together. Hope to get another top bordered today, but I have some activities that will be taking my time from the sewing room this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Sandy Navas
May 19th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Hi! That predicted storm raged through here early this morning and spent about half an hour with severe winds and a wee bit of rain. I am hoping the greater part has moved on. Al had the weather channel on last night and they were showing storm chasers in KS who had spotted a horrific tornado and as they were broadcasting it totally dissipated before our eyes.

Worked yesterday and will again today and Monday afternoon. Yesterday, unfortunately, was way too quiet and I find that hard to deal with. I don't know of the beautiful weather kept people away, the economy, or the offerings. Shall see what today offers - all is half price off.

And so, till we meet again, Happy Trails.

RFREE
May 19th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Good morning Mary,Jean,Sandy and all my quilting buddies! Not much going on today. My neighbor Katherine is coming out this afternoon to see the coasters I made my friend yesterday. I recon I better get my rear in gear and do some laundry.Just 2 days of school left and we are out for the summer. Here's hoping everyone stays safe this afternoon. I just hate the storms that spring brings.They usually always hit at night and me and my DD end up in the storm cellar.DH works nights so he is rarely ever here throughout the week. Sure hope my neck quits hurting soon. Not fun at all.
Yall have a beautiful day.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

shermur
May 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mornin', darlin's! Raining here in the KC Metro, I thought it wasn't supposed to star until later...the softball tournament is on delay at the moment...we shall see. Thank goodness hubby mowed the lawn yesterday.
I am one row of completing the Phoebe Flower Box project for my stepdaughter; high hopes of finishing today and posting pics! Then, at least cutting out the next project for my step-son and his wife, I am leaning towards a fence rail design on their quilt.'
I also have to finish tidying the house for "inspection" for tomorrow evening...We're trying to adopt a rescue dog...here's her pic, isn't she adorable?

MayinJerset
May 19th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Morning everyone, Yes it is strange not to have Blondie starting our morning Hellos. Hope all is well with her and family on her hillside.

Dark and rainy here again, but it was sunny enough at times yesterday for me to get the deck cleaned up a bit. There were lots of dead leaves around the big flower pots I had lined up against the house for the winter. Cleaned up the pots whose plants made it through the cold season and today will get some annuals to fill the other pots. Even repotted the mini rose plant DGD Mary sent me for Mother's Day and it should look very nice among the other flowering pots.

Haven't seen our new great grandson George yet. Since it was a home birth I was wondering about visiting but was told DGD Laura will recoop a few days and then let everyone know when the best times are to visit and see the newest addtion to our family. Do have new photo of the proud Grandparents (DS#1 Bob and wife Debbie) and our first great grandchild, Jack who is George's big brother. Also one of proud Aunt Elizabeth and George. Elizabeth is Laura's younger sister. 4765747658

Monique
May 19th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Good morning friends. I am having a blast at my son and dughter-in-laws. For those of you wondering, the earthquake centered where I live. I asked my neighbour to check my house and she did find some damage. Food fell out of the pantry, a broken lamp, stuff fell out of the cupboard over the toilet and guess where the stuff fell into. LOL!! She so graciously cleaned it up for me. I was on my way here when I heard about it.

Yesterday we garage saled most of the day. I did find a few treasures, although not quilting stuff. I have the best kids to show me a good time. I made pancakes for breakfast as a treat for them. Seems like they can't make them very well. LOL!!

Today we are going to Costco because I have never been there. Then we are on a hunt for a magnolia tree which I did see in one person's yard yesterday. A yellow one. My favorite. We need to go buy more beads for making jewellry. Roxy made me some very simple earrings yesterday. I showed her how to sew the night before. Now she has a hunger to sew.

I am so glad I came this weekend. I even too Jersey outside for her morning doings. Imagine me picking up dog sh***t. Put that in your history books. LOL!!

Well gotta go. Have a wonderful day because I know I surely will.

Love you all.

CrazyMtnLady
May 19th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Morning all. DH did NOT go to his gun show this weekend. I was working my butt off trying to get everything around for him and he just kind of hit a wall and just didn't want to move. So I told him to stay home. He spent yesterday in bed all day with the computer and in the foulest of moods. I swear if he is like that again today I am going to run and hide. I know he is depressed and his health is not great but I don't know how much more of this I can take. Every move I made yesterday was the wrong move. Arrrgggghhhh!

Today i am going to stay in my sewing area I hope and try to get something done for a change. I have a few UFO's to do.

Other than that not much is happening here.
Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Mpyles
May 19th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Aww Donna, will pray that your DH finds some peace and energy!! Bless your heart, I hate it when they are grumpy!!

aliaslaceygreen
May 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Good almost afternoon! Just popping in before I head off to work.... But I am off the next two days!! My weekend is coming!!!

Have a great day!

toggpine
May 19th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Home today and need to do some stuff around here. We got a lot of work done at Mom's yesterday. Another full day will have her huge back yard in shape. Another day will have the front yard done. The house is really too big for the two of them, but they can't afford to sell it either. So we'll do what we can to help them keep it up until they MUST move on to other living arrangements.

The good news is we found some paint we are going to sample on the wall. So by the end of the week, we ought have the walls painted and be ready for the wainscoting process. I did find a plan for a trundle bed, and it was pretty simple. If I can keep the hubby on target, the house may finally get into shape after 9 years of living here! My ultimate goal is to have all of the cardboard boxes out of here by the end of summer. (Let's be realistic, they haven't moved in 9 years; I can't expect them to all be gone in a few days!)
Off to get the party started!
Have a wonderful day & remember to be the reason for someone's smile today!
Cathy

HandsOffItsMine
May 19th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Finally the electricity is back on! The Steger clan was whining! OMG, small and large, what will we do without the Internet and TV!!! Heck, I was more worried about the Thunder and Lighting directly overhead!!! Dang, I rather be on the 15th floor in a hurricane on Oahu again!!!!!! Not liking this weather at all!!! :( It was sooooo dark it felt like 7:30 pm. - the back yard trench was filled to capacity - the elm tree was swaying almost at 45 degrees. Yikes!

We had plans to go on an excursion to the south but no such luck, staying put. Checking email and FB, then making lunch/dinner before the next storm comes in.

I blame this weather on Obama being in town! Sure hopes he gets out real quick and takes this crap with him...lol

Stay save folks, especially those in the path of the tornadoes.

Huggers, Ruby

pcbatiks
May 19th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Good morning everyone. Donna I hope your DH will feel better soon. Yesterday I washed and dried my fabrics bargains I found during the last couple of weeks....along with a mountain of clothes. Hope to sew some today.

My brother will ride in the Assault on Mt Mitchell (starts in S Carolina & ends in N Carolina...I think) bike race tomorrow. It is a 102 mile race and the last 20 miles are so are mostly uphill. He lives in Tennessee and has been riding and training for awhile. I talked to him yesterday and he is a little nervous........he said it seemed like a good idea months ago. :D

I think summer is officially here now.......sigh...........love the spring weather!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 19th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Aww Donna, will pray that your DH finds some peace and energy!! Bless your heart, I hate it when they are grumpy!!

Yes, Donna, he has had a lot going on in his life lately to put him in a depression, but so sorry he turns his mood on you. Hope things brighten up for you both!

shannonsaulter
May 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
GM all...its been a working weekend for me..tomorrow is Friday and am hoping my DH gets my shelves up in the sewing room today...we shall see...trying to get it all ready since it is a guest room to and in July nephew and his gf are coming for a week..then the puppy sitter will be here for our trip...
Hope everyone has a great day..off to get more coffee..

Divine Daisy
May 19th, 2013, 03:00 PM
A lovely sunday here, warm but not humid which is nice for England. Our humidity is often opressive, comes from being such a 'green and pleasant land' I suppose.

I am somewhat pooped as I took myself off to the village hall to quilt Heather's quilt today. It is so nice to have 4 huge tables put together to support the weight, all formica and nicely smooth to slip that bugger around. I am really pleased with how it is going, the movement in the quilt is coming and it is coming to life. I just did two hours today, have to pace myself lol and about two thirds of the central panel is done. On the home stretch after I get that midle done, am going back for another couple of hours tomorrow.

Finally the great news. Heather arrived home from Ghana this morning safe and sound. She is a week early which is great for my soul. Haven't spoken to her yet, she landed, got home and went to bed lol. She texted though to say she had arrived so this is one happy Mam.

Hope everyone's day went as well as mine.......

auntiemern
May 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Happy Sunday everyone. Blondie rarely posts on Sundays, and thinking she probably spent Fri night at her moms, and went straight there after work on Sat. Donna so sorry that your DH is being like that toward you. I realize he has a lot on his plate, but should be seeking comfort in you, and not being so hateful.
Not much happening here today, except quilting. May try to get a couple loads of laundry done. We will have the Grands over night tonight, and all day tomorrow. DD is working over night tonight, sleep during the day, then back at work at 4. Gonna make for a long day for me, lol. DH will be back this evening from his fishing tournament. Off to check the other posts. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

SuzyQue
May 19th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Good afternoon! We had such a humid day yesterday that it didn't cool sufficiently to open up the house at bedtime. I was awake at 2 am so opened all the windows to let it cool a tad, only to be up again within 30 minutes to slam them down! The wind was roaring and swirling, but as we live in the boonies, nothing on the news and no siren to warn of danger.....perhaps it was just a front roaring through. Within 2 more hours, the rain poured and thunder crashed! Needless to say, not much sleeping all night! Today is so sticky and humid with warnings to our west, so I am pretty sure we are in for severe weather as the day progresses! Luckily the sun is not out as the higher the temps, the worse the storm to follow. We skipped spring and I do believe summer is here! Hubby serviced our ac today, so we will be set, if needed....but I wasn't thinking about turning it on just yet!
I am so far behind on my blocks for Farmer's Wife, that I should go get busy.......just can't watch the weather as well hidden in the basement! I wish and pray for safety for all from the impending storms!