PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

auntiemern
May 18th, 2013, 08:56 PM
One of the little high school girls that work with my DD lost all her belongings to a fire the other day. It started in her room (bad outlet) and that is where the majority of the damage was. Everything of hers needs to be replaced. DD went shopping yesterday and got her a few essentials, the things girls just can't live without. I gave her a little $ to help her with her shopping. DD contacted a local church run thrift shop and they are going to replace all of her bedroom furniture, including her bed. The poor little gal could sure use some prayers right now though. I am going to try to whip up a quilt for her this week, or as soon as I can find the time. Nothing fancy, just snuggly. Thanks in advance. Her name is Victoria.

Lonna
May 18th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Will keep her and her family in my prayers.

SuzyQue
May 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Prayers said for Victoria. So sad.

WendyI
May 18th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Awwwwwwwe...poor kid! So glad you can help her out!

MRoy
May 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Prayer said for Victoria. I'm glad she wasn't injured in the fire.

bopeep
May 18th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Oh Bless Her Heart.......Praying Right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

Mom23
May 18th, 2013, 11:56 PM
If you look at my pictures I posted in the show and tell section today, I posted a pink and black quilt I was going to donate to our church picnic. If the sweet gal would like this quilt I will give it to her. It's pretty bright and cheery!

auntiemern
May 19th, 2013, 12:22 AM
That is wonderful. Such generous, caring people here. That is what I love about this place. :)
If you look at my pictures I posted in the show and tell section today, I posted a pink and black quilt I was going to donate to our church picnic. If the sweet gal would like this quilt I will give it to her. It's pretty bright and cheery!

K. McEuen
May 19th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Prayers going out. I'm glad she wasn't hurt in the fire.

Renate
May 19th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Poor girl, I take her into my good thoughts

grannyann
May 19th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Robin what a wonderful thing for you to do. My thoughts and prayers for all good things for this young lady. She is already blessed with such caring and thoughtful friends. Thank God she is safe.

Sandy Navas
May 19th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Special prayers being said - fire is so devastating -

MayinJerset
May 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM

Oh that is wonderful, it will certainly help her to get through this bad time. May

CrazyMtnLady
May 19th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Prayers being said.

HandsOffItsMine
May 19th, 2013, 11:23 AM

Beautiful spirit Robin! (((Robin))) This is The Forum I love. :)

Huggers, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
May 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Marilyn,

Know that prayers are being said for Victoria, thankfully she is safe and unharmed. Hopefully her room will come together quickly. Grand that your DD and you were kind to get her some of the things all girls need.

Robin has donated her cute quilt, Don and I will pick up a small Wally or Target Gift Card on Monday and send it to you to pass it on to Victoria for us. Maybe she needs some tshirts/shorts or something.

Huggers for sharing this with us, Ruby

nana margaret
May 19th, 2013, 11:50 AM
It's a relief she wasn't harmed in the fire, possessions can be replaced slowly. Pleased she has your daughter and you to help her through this difficult time, my thoughts will be with her.

mom4him
May 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
What a blessing you and your DD are being to her. My middle son and family had a fire 6 yrs ago. It is so difficult for the young ones especially.
Praying

SallyO'Sews
May 19th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Several years ago I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. A whole BUNCH of people whom I will likely never meet in this lifetime in person prayed for me, and today I am cancer-free, praise God!

So I consider it a joy and a privilege to pray for Victoria. Thank you so much, Marilyn, for the opportunity!

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

janluna
May 20th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Having had a fire that took our house, and but for the Grace of God, almost took us, my heart goes out to Victoria. Joe and I could send a Walmart, Target, or Penny's card. Whichever you think would be best. P.M. me and give me an address. Prayers, Love, Hugs, are coming her way!
Robin and Ruby, you are so kind. Ruby, honey, I knew what you would do. You are just such an Angel! You and Don have been such a blessing to my family, I love you!!!! Thank you Jan L.

HdWench
May 20th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Victoria added to my prayer list. God was with her and kept her safe is the only good news!! Do let me know what stores are nearby, it's a little tight until the end of the month but I can send a gift card. So glad you and DD were able to help her and really glad to hear she wasn't hurt, but mentally this could take a toll so I'll add that as well. Could you post what stores are nearby? Walmart, JC Pennys (good 1 Jan I forgot about that)... Target... whatever you think is best Marilyn. Thanks

:-Debbie

Evilynn
May 20th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Tearing up here just at this very moment, only reading about you people who are oh so generous with positive thoughts, prayers and gifts! I am so thankful that I found this forum, you people inspire me every day! Thank you for being you!

Of course I feel privileged to also send positive thoughts! How old is the girl exactly if I may ask?