PDA

View Full Version : On no another "D" starts today!

lhayes1976
February 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Today I start another diet. I should know better--diets never work! But seriously need to do something. That scale is getting dangerously close to 200!! My new "D" is the 17 Day Diet--just another version of low carb--but that seems to be the only kind that will work with me--I've tried cutting calories and still eat carbs--but no weight loss. This "menopause" thing isn't helping either--I think I have a snail's metabolism now. Wish me luck--my goal is 155 by Derby Day. Derby's a big deal here you know--so this old filly would like to be a little thinner by then!

NM Lady
February 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Good luck and best wishes with your "D" I started WW and have lost 5 lbs. Not setting the woods on fire, but think my metabolism is slow too.

Elaine
February 15th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Good luck with your diet. I know how you feel. Seems no matter what I do can't shed the pounds. Hopefully, once the weather gets nice I will do some walking. They say stay away from anything white.........bread, potatoes, pasta. It's not easy.

Vickysitterly
February 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Good luck with your "diet". It sure isn't easy. I quit smoking when I was 50, a birthday gift to myself. I tried many ways, and then just one day I declared myself a nonsmoker, and haven't touched a cigarette since. Too bad we can't do that with food.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I joined WW the week before Christmas and am proud to say that I have shed 10 pounds. It's slow, but I think the ticket is that you have to move too. I picked up a yoga video, and it has helped limber me up some, only my dogs think it's partAy time when I get on the floor....It stinks to get old......

Whatever you do, have fun with it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Vicky~~:icon_wave:

debinmalaga
February 15th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Good luck! Diets do suck but you sound motivated! Just keep telling yourself it is temporary!

patticakes
February 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Way to go on the new "D"! I also started today because I ate way too much on vacation and my darn clothes are too tight! I was gonna do low carb because it is easier to be satisfied but once I lose a few pounds it just stops coming off and I get too discouraged, so I am eating the WW way. Not going to spend the $$ to join (would rather buy fabric with it!) but I lost 60 lbs before on it so I know I can do it!
Good luck on your "journey" and I am sure you will look wonderful by the Derby!
Patti

Dragonfly
February 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM
They say stay away from anything white.........bread, potatoes, pasta. It's not easy.
This is good advise, plus while corn seems healthy, it is the most highly concentrated carbohydrate natural food there is, it's bad with a capital B if you use it in any amount and if you look at food labels it is used everywhere.
Pork is also a food to avoid where possible, it is the only meat that has fat infusion in the actual meat, there is no such thing as lean pork. This means that where other meat has the fat as a layer on the outside, pork has the fat within the cell structure of the meat...you can't cut it off. :lol:

Two things to remember:
1. Weight reduction is best done slowly if you want it to be sustainable. Quick loss triggers a starvation reaction in the body and causes it to store fat...counter productive to say the least.
2. Diet is die with a t...:icon_hihi::icon_rofl:

toggpine
February 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Ugh! I know the only way for the pounds to come off is for me to get some serious exercise. I did a great job when I was taking dance lessons. I loved to dance, and the exercise was much more like play. Now that we are out here in the sticks, there aren't too many places to go dancing and the budget won't stretch for lessons anymore. I saw the ads for the Zumba dance and that looks like fun. I'm still not willing to pony up the $ for that DVD though. Perhaps I can see if the library has a copy.
Good luck on your adventure! I'm sure you will do great!

janluna
February 16th, 2011, 12:15 AM
WW is the way to go I lost 42 pounds so far. And it isn't dieting it's a lifestyle change. I have a real hard time exercising with my back the way it is and if that wasn't bad enough I lose my breath from working out because of asthma. So it's hard to work it off. The lifestyle change was the only way I could go. I can have anything I want to eat, as long as it's not enough for a sumo wrestler!! I watch my portions of food and don't drink any soft drinks, not even diet soft drinks (too much salt in them) and I do very well. I have 50 more pounds to go. My goal weight is 150 I now am at 198. I'm 5ft 10inches tall. So even though 150 was not my target weight it is a safe weight. My goal was 135 and my doctors all agree it was way low for my bone structure and height. So, I just trudge along and eventually I'll get there. So will you! And yes, menopause doesn't help. Did you ever notice that all things wrong with women start with men? There is MENopause, MENstruation, And MENtal illness. Never fails. Hugs to all, Jan L

Patrice
February 16th, 2011, 08:56 AM
good luck! I started back to Weight watchers today. not going to the meetings so hope I can do it. I lost 30 lbs last year and now have gained it all back in four months. Hubby and I have been sick with bronchitis for a week and unfortunately it didn't effect our eating..so we are both starting up again today.

lhayes1976
February 16th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Well the first day was a little tuff! I started on a baby quilt last night and my usual routine is to sew till about 10 and eat a bowl of cereal before bed--resisted the urge and ate a few berries instead. I have joined the gym and "make" myself go at least three times a week. I walk/run for 30 minutes and then do some weights for 15. I figure it's better than nothing. I hate exercise--hoping to change that attitude.
It looks like a lot of you are doing WW--once I get to my goal, I think I'll use that for my maintenance--I am trying hard to change my lifestyle, but it's difficult for me because I love sweets. I love to bake cakes, breads, cookies, etc.