PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Tuesday Greetings

Blondie
February 15th, 2011, 07:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/1gmm.gif

Good Morning, Ladies!

Paula, I sure hope those pills do the trick! Feel better, dear one.

Today is sewing day for me. Yay! The past few days have been hopping with other things for me. I started another handbag, this one for me and I would like to try to get it finished. It is going to be a scrappy one and I like the looks of it so far. Sis and I didn't get our Monday, so today is our day! YAY.

Got our new property assessment in the mail yesterday. How interesting it was to see that our property was devalued. That is good for the tax I will have to pay at the end of the year but if I wanted to sell, I would be hurting. Thank goodness I plan on staying put!! I need to ask my Mom if she got a re assessment.

What's everyone got going on today?

Monique
February 15th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Good morning,

Well yesterday I became a great auntie. That dalmation quilt I made is his. Name is Braeden.

Today I will go quilt for Victoria's Quilts. We make quilts for cancer patients. And then lunch with a very close friend. Good day all in all.

Have a great day all.

Monique

suzette58
February 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Good morning everyone. Hopefully after work today I will get the binding done on a quilt someone asked me to quilt for her. It was made in the 1930s. It has been a huge chore. None of the seams match, the fabric is wearing also. I decided to stitch in the ditch but it's been rough. I am also making a disappearing 9 patch for one of my neices. So I have lots to do.

Have a great day.

lhayes1976
February 15th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Today is one of those days I just do not want to go to work! This will be the first full week of work since the beginning of January. If I get through it, I think I will be fine--I'd much rather be home sewing. Terrific Tuesday to all!

Elaine
February 15th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I feel the same way, much rather be sewing then at work. Especially since I'm almost finished sewing the binding on the quilt I am working on. Plan to start a dissappearing 9 patch or a dresdin in the near future. Can't make up my mind. I also saw there is a ruler for the scalloped edge and I know I am going to buy that. Jenny made it look so easy to do on one of her tutorials. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Sandy Navas
February 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM
My wish is for fluctuating property values - good for us, bad for them . . . no work on days when we would rather be sewing . . . health and warmth and happiness.

I'll be going to KC KS this morning to have lunch with my brother, his wife, my li'l sister, and her husband. Al just left to take our dog (DeeOGee) to the vet and hopefully he'll be back in time to leave. The dog is having some sort of problem with a back leg and can't get into position to relieve himself without falling. Heard him yelp Sunday and don't know what happened but his legs aren't working quite right.

While in KC we hope to visit Fabric Recycles. It is a place in Kansas City, KS that buys your excess stash and/or sewing machines or your can buy theirs. Should be great fun. May hit the GW Boutique down there, too - a favorite haunt of my DSILs.

Didn't get any sewing done yesterday - kind of a bummer day. I've been so very sleepy and I have no idea why. Guess when you get older you need more beauty rest (mine isn't helping any) but I'd think 9 hours a night should do it. Won't be sewing today, either, but maybe I'll come home with a bundle of encouragement.

Hope everyone is chipper today! Keep the sun shining and the stitches flowing.

Lola2Ace
February 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Hey all! It's a beautiful day here, and I am enjoying it with Ace. Hoping to take him out for a bit of fabric shopping, but not sure yet. Yesterday was quite interesting. Our phone and internet was down, phone company finally came and had to run a new line from the pole to the house, so I am back in business. I did a bit of sewing on the friendship braid quilt, the last panel only needs about 10 pieces added to it and then it will be ready for sashing and borders, then the folks came for a visit.
I am still trying to decide what to do with the UFO I posted the other day, and will keep my eyes open for some fabric that may go with it.
I hope everybody is having a great day!
Lola

bakermom
February 15th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Bright and sunny here, but only in the mid 20s. Need to figure out something for supper, nothing in the freezer looks good. I could put another roast in the crockpot but it will take us a week to finish it. I found a quilt top i had made several years ago and never finished. It was made with leftover flannel from a quilt I had made DD. At the time i didn't know how I wanted it finished so I tucked it away in a drawer. Still not sure but have a few ideas. I still have the purple tumbler to finish, too. Really can't get motivated to finish anything right now.

toggpine
February 15th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Hello all!

I really missed you! Saturday and Sunday were busy with the training for new members for our State animal response team. I was wiped out at the end of those days. My presentation went fine. I'll see how they reviewed it in a few days.
I did get some more sewing done on the aardvarks. But our power went out yesterday afternoon and was restored sometime in the middle of the night, so not much progress was made in the sewing room. I did get the snout sewn on by hand and I think that will be the easiest way to do it in the future. Small curved pieces on stretchy fabric don't always do so well on the machine! I'll plunk in an audio book here in a few minutes and get back to them.

Was anybody else having trouble getting into the forum the last few days? I tried everything I could think of and I was getting a "400 Bad Request" message. I was finally able to get the main site and then the blog and the daily deal page, but until this morning no forum. I was starting to have quilty friends withdrawls!
Blondie, our property values took a dive too. Thankfully they are still better than what we paid for the place, but they would just barely cover everything on here, and we would not make any kind of a profit. Sad, but we aren't going anywhere soon, so it is OK.
I am glad to see that you all are doing well and making progress on your projects. I hope everybody's heaters & furnaces are working now. It's just rainy and blustery here today.
I'm off to switch laundry & stitch the aardvarks!
Take care! Cathy

patticakes
February 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Hi quilty friends!
So (sew?) happy you get to have your sewing day Blondie. Can't wait to see pics of your purse. I've never had the urge to make a purse.
We missed you too Cathy! I did not have any problems getting on yesterday but I saw that others did. I am sure the "main brain" has fixed it now!
Bakermom don't you love digging up those buried treasures? I have one that has been haunting me for a long time and I should just dive in one day a work on it.
Lola hope you are having a fun day with Ace. That UFO you posted was beautiful, can't wait to see it finished.
Sandy - I do love your posts. Do you have a blog? You should!
Elaine - I love that scalloped edge ruler too! I recently bought a circle ruler and Natalie's tumbler ruler so I can NOT buy another one until I try those out first!
Monique - congrats on becoming a great auntie! Victoria's Quilts sounds like a wonderful project to donate your time and talents too.
I wish I was quilting and not working today too! Got two of the Max & Wiskers charm packs yesterday and they are so cute. I am thinking of making a doggie quilt for my DDs dog (my grandog) who's name is Max. How perfect is that??
Well, my lunch time is over and because I ate way too much on vacation, I decided to write to all of you in lieu of lunch!

Onetiredmomma
February 15th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'm off today, and I plan on spending the day at home with the kids. Most of the day is through already, I guess, but that's okay. 1 out of 3 is still napping and the other two are snacking...or should I say feeding the dog? I really don't have to feed our dogs much anymore...Hmm, I talk about my kiddos all the time. Maybe I should share pictures? Okay - here's one from a superbowl party at my friend's house. Can you tell we are from Pittsburgh?

I'm stitching in the ditch with a baby quilt, and I'm using my walking foot for the first time. Can I say that I am in love?????

Have a blessed day everyone!

sally
February 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Lin, beautiful children...how you find the time to sew wow!
TODAY I SMELT SPRING:icon_tup:. I went out early to put out the recylcing and the air smelt of spring. I wish I had better words to describe it. It is like you can smell the ground warming up.Like the air after a spring rain. As I stood there I heard the birds singing and felt the warm sun. The snow is melting fast and I even took my coffee and sat on my porch swing for a bit taking it all in! WONDERFUL!
Work is hectic today and I sure wish I was home sewing too. But as the saying goes " this too shall pass" and I can sew to my hearts content tonight!
Take care everyone!

tamsterg7
February 15th, 2011, 05:39 PM
It is finally sunny here - and that means all the dust bunnies are staring at me and I can now see them as well. Sooo- I am cleaning the house!

Sandy - I laughed when I saw your dogs name - I thought my sister was the only one with a dog name 'dog' (Dee-Oh-Gee) haha!

quiltingtrish
February 15th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Patti - too funny - I saw your edit reason 'hunger caused typos'.

Lin - beautiful kids - all boys - oh my you will have your hands full later on. My 2 boys are 23 and 21 and they were easier when they were little. My daughter (16) was easier when she was little too. She was so happy and giggly all the time. Now she's grumpy and doesn't want to be here.

I know Spring is OUT THERE! Even though it was cold on Sunday, I stepped outside and sat in the rocker too just to hear the snow starting to melt and drip. The sun feels so good. The sky is a gorgeous blue today - but was reminded that there is still ice out there when I slipped on the driveway. Thought it was just wet. Thankfully I caught myself - anyways, still do be careful out there from the refreezes at night.

Have meatloaf in the oven with some baked potatoes. Yum. And that means leftovers for sandwiches this week for lunches. Yummier.

I need to sew tonight. I did work on my wholecloth quilt clock with my handquilting. It's getting there. Also need to rearrange some of my sewing things. Would be nice to have it all together in one room, but that's not happening before summer so still have to wrangle with everything.

Hope you all have a great evening.

Hugs,

Onetiredmomma
February 15th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Patti - too funny - I saw your edit reason 'hunger caused typos'.

Lin - beautiful kids - all boys - oh my you will have your hands full later

Oops, I guess that wasn't a very good picture to highlight my baby girl Gwendolyn. She's wearing her brother's Steeler hat since she doesn't have a Steeler's outfit.

Blondie
February 15th, 2011, 09:59 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/skittles812/peek_a_boo.jpg

Howdy do, Ladies
Peeking in, finally. Tried a few times earlier this afternoon with no success. I know that Al, our wonder guy, will figure it out or be bald. I am sure he would look darling bald but I would prefer for him to just figure it out.
Lin, your babies are gorgeous! So glad that you have them. Sigh. I remember when my kids were little. Had them like you, boom, boom, boom. I used to fantasize about burying them up to their necks and spoon feeding them occasionally. Just kidding. hehehe. well maybe not. I don't know how our Jenny did it with that crew of hers! Whew dawgies, that takes a lot of delegating and fortitude.
Sandy, hoping that Dee Oh Gee was able to get some help from the vet. Poor baby. Great name, makes me smile and you KNOW I love to smile.
Trish, spring is on the way. It's been right chilly here but the sun has been out and the wind is blowing like March is on the way. When the wind carries on like this I remember my granny would say that it's tapping the tree roots. I like to sit and watch the pines in the woods behind us sway (as long as they are far enough away from the house)
Lola, I am certain you enjoyed your time with Ace today!
All those who had to work, boo hoo. But tomorrow is hump day.
I got to sew a bit today. I made a little primitive dolly to go with the NC Star dolly quilt.
And my DD, brat that she is, confiscated my new purse and I doubt I will get it back. Sigh. But she did call from work with an order for another one. Guess she can do the advertising for me. LOL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/swaps/DSCN3514.jpg
Well, poo! I can't get the purse and the pic of the doll with her quilt to post here. They are in my photo area if you are interested to see. Can only get the above to post. Go figure!
I am exhausted from all this high tech stuff. See y'all on the flip side.
Sweet dreams

quiltingtrish
February 16th, 2011, 12:07 AM
So sorry Lin. She is adorable!

The doll is so cute, Blondie. Now, have to go check out your purse! And I have a blanket to hang out on the line tomorrow morning. Spring is coming for sure - I'm hanging clothes outside again!

Hugs,

janluna
February 16th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Hi Everybody! I was panicked cause I couldn't get on the forum. I could get everywhere else on the site but not the forum where you all are. Like Cathy I kept getting a 400 Bad Request page. They must have fixed the problem cause I tried again tonight and lo and behold it worked! I missed everyone like crazy! You guys don't know how important you are to me. When I couldn't talk to anyone it really bothered me! lol
Thank you Al. I appreciate you fixing the problem. Hugs, Jan L

janluna
February 16th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Oh and thank you Sarah and who ever else reported it. I wrote to everyone I could. Thank you. Hugs, Jan L

janluna
February 16th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Well, good night everyone. I missed you all. I'll be back tomorrow. Or maybe in the middle of the night which ever comes first. LOL Love you all, sweet dreams, Hugs, Jan L

Onetiredmomma
February 16th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Woohoo! Done with this baby quilt! I don't know, I was really into it until the end. I decided
To use satin binding, and I'm not impressed. I'll stick to binding with the material I'm making the quilt out of from now on. Another lesson learned, and the family probably won't notice. Night everyone!