PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning Hellos!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM
47577No cute pictures or inspiring stories from me, just a picture of my clematis happily blooming in my yard. We miss our Blondie's cheerful hellos, but I wish you all a great start to the weekend. What are you all doing on this lovely Saturday in May?

I hope to complete another quilt top that I started a couple of weeks ago! It's fabric that I must have purchased with something specific in mind, but have forgotten what I was thinking. I tried a different way of laying out our favorite falling charms blocks, laying them on point. I'll Show and Tell later if I get it quilted and bound.

Everyone, have a great day!

mom4him
May 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Good Morning, Jean and all. I have not been able to get to my machine much. I am hoping that today after I get some calls made, bake a batch of bread and possibly cookies, the machine will be calling. My energies have been soooo low that to even sit and sew just hasn't been an option most evenings.
It does look like a beautiful day here. Oh, by the way, love your clematis, Jean. I have one that is budding. I had two other but my one dog seems to have killed both of them. UGH!

Ginny B
May 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Good morning Jean. Beautiful flowers. I have been enjoying walking around my front and back gardens and seeing all the flowers that are in bloom now.

I am going to be working on tote bags and a mug rug today. DH is going to play a bit of music with some friends for the afternoon so I will have lots of quality time with my sewing machines. And yippee!!! I got my Pfaff back from the shop last week.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Ginny B

MayinJerset
May 18th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I also miss Blondie's cheerful Good Morning messages. Turned really cold overnight so I hope the plants I put out on the deck are OK. Seeing Jean's lovely clematis makes me want to go out there and check on them and repot them but first I need some more coffee. Hope to get to see our new great grandson today and maybe get some photos to share. Have a good day everyone. May

ilive2craft2
May 18th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Good Morning all! Jean, I love your clematis - I just planted one of that variety. My mom always had clematis at our family home and she had one like this one too. I have 3 trellis along our back fence and one of them is pretty shady and had problems growing sun loving plants on that one, so decided to try a clematis on that one. I hope it does well. I have cucumbers on another one and mini gourds on the other one. We are off to the lake with my SIL and I don't have enough energy to pack up sewing projects, machine, etc, so I don't think I will get any sewing done this weekend. Maybe tomorrow if we don't get back too late. Hope the pontoon is out of storage and we can take some tours of the lake - so relaxing. Need to go water the plants - the rain missed us yesterday. Have a great day everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 18th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Good Morning all! Jean, I love your clematis - I just planted one of that variety. My mom always had clematis at our family home and she had one like this one too. I have 3 trellis along our back fence and one of them is pretty shady and had problems growing sun loving plants on that one, so decided to try a clematis on that one. I hope it does well. I have cucumbers on another one and mini gourds on the other one. We are off to the lake with my SIL and I don't have enough energy to pack up sewing projects, machine, etc, so I don't think I will get any sewing done this weekend. Maybe tomorrow if we don't get back too late. Hope the pontoon is out of storage and we can take some tours of the lake - so relaxing. Need to go water the plants - the rain missed us yesterday. Have a great day everyone!
We lived on a lake for about 8 years and had a pontoon boat, I loved riding out there, especially in the evening!

New York Sue
May 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Your pic is STUNNING, Jean. I LOVE clematis, but haven't had much luck with it. :(

After three 12 hour night shifts, I'm off for a power sleep, then off to my new LQS!
Plan to purchase more batik to back my runner for our batik table runner swap, and the PERFECT border filler (FOUND already, and 'thunk on' for my 'Harvest Moon' DD charm pack). Came back here to purchase a second CP, and later the mini CP added to the wonder clip DD.... WHEW! Bare with me, I have a plan...

As you stated in a different thread, regarding DD. (I also agree, to purchase two when you can, if the DD captivates you. Can't tell you how many times, I've come back for a second or third charm pack, and paid the additional shipping...)

Then there's needed planning for the Catalina by Benartex CP, also a DD...I KNOW I'll find what I need, even though it's a tiny shop.

Can you see where this is going? Our Doan's are BRILLIANT. And I am SO captivated. (While picking 'my poison' on my $20/week self-imposed budget).

But if I could just get my LQS to interface with the MSQC, I would be in hog-heaven! Can't 'their' people work with 'my' people?

Just sayin'....

Lindagie
May 18th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Beautiful Jean! I finally got a deep purple one to grow for a few years, but I think last summer did it in, along with a few other things. I love that color, but is it shade or sun loving? I just might have to buy a new variety this weekend.

This morning I pressed some pieced items so I can finish another baby quilt for CGH. I also want to add borders to two UFOs so I can finally get them to the quilter. I really need to clean this house though. Toss up here.

HdWench
May 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM
:lol: Too funny NYSue! Jean your flower photo was perfect for a lovely Saturday morning look! I'm excited about seeing a Falling Charms on point! How is the wedding dress shop? Do you own it already :-) just a joke!

Yes I agreed too on the other thread buy more daily doubles (at regular price) because one won't be enough! After making 2 quilts from some really pretty fabric, I saw MSQC still had that line and bought more -- I know I'll want to make those colors again and it was great they still had some!

Have fun on the Lake! We used to go with my father-in-law before he passed and it was a nice slow ride about sunset with a big crowd. Fun and good memories.

Enjoy the weekend Ladies and Gents.. Happy sewing or whatever

Got to keep making summer clothes - it hit 100 Dry Heat and ugh back to making clothes.

Cathy F
May 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Good morning all!

Jean- love your clematis! I've got two beautiful deep purple flowers on mine and enjoy looking at them each morning while having my coffee on the deck.

I'm scheduled to do a demo today for two hours at Michaels, then my daughter and her husband should be here for a little visit. They are looking to buy a house here on the Island, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they find something and will be closer to us.
If I don't get to sewing today tomorrow morning I'm going to try to get up to the sewing room and finish two more corners to a quilt block. The corner traingles are embroidered tulips. I've got two done so far. Alot of catching up to do on sewing projects and it seems so little time!

MRoy
May 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Good morning! Jean, that clematis is gorgeous. Mine is just starting to bloom. I'm not sure what I'll work on today...if anything. I slept in and I'm not perking very good yet. LOL! Have a great day everyone.

Lindagie
May 18th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Update: What variety is that Jean, do you know?
I just walked into my kitchen for a cup of coffee and could not believe how messy and cluttered my counters are. Guess I have to clean before I can work on any of the quilt projects. Darn!

shermur
May 18th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Mornin' Jean! Love the pic for you beautiful flowers! I hope all is well with you!

toggpine
May 18th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I just walked into my kitchen for a cup of coffee and could not believe how messy and cluttered my counters are. Guess I have to clean before I can work on any of the quilt projects. Darn!

I HATE when I finally realize the "Stuff" has overtaken the counters!

My husband co-plants the clematis with roses. Usually they are the climbing varieties, and they look fabulous when they bloom together! Currently our "montana" clematis is blooming. The bigger ones will bloom in June.

We are headed to Mom's today to work in her yard as a Mother's day present. We'll be dodging rain showers, but it shouldn't be too bad.
On our way into the city we will stop by HomeDepot and check out the paint chip section. We are going to paint the now-empty back bedroom. the sooner we get it converted to the guest room/office, the less of a chance it will become a dump zone. I think we are looking for a light robin's-egg blue. Hubby wants to put in some wainscoating (sp?) on the two long walls. I also have an other construction project for him. We WILL be making a trundle bed for that room.

Hopefully by tonight, I'll have my sewing room sort of squared away. Things have collected on the cutting table in here too. I have found a few partially finished things on there already, and I haven't reached the cutting surface yet!

You all have a great day & don't forget to be the reason for someone's smile today!
Hugs, Cathy

Madeforyouinma11
May 18th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Morning all! Love the flowers Jean!
Oh, my sewing room...I would love to be in there sewing away, but that is just not going to happen for awhile. Today is cleanup. We had to skimcoat one of the walls in the room I'm getting ready for the baby and there is such a mess after sanding it. There is dust EVERYWHERE! Today will be vacuuming and washing things that were consumed by the dust. I cannot paint until that is done and I need to get that room completed so I can move on to other things that need to be done.
My daughter went to the drs on Thursday and she could have the baby anytime between now and her due date of June 7. He said that he won't let her go past her due date so we are getting so excited!
Well, I hope everyone has a great day...prayers out to everyone in need.

lilmouse
May 18th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Morning Everyone, I am working today so this will be brief, love the flowers Jean, so pretty. Have a load of laundry in the washer and have to get packed to go up north for a baptism of my grand daughter....will be good to see everyone again...it has been awhile. Have errands to run so as soon as washer stops I will get going....see you all late tomorrow night. Hugs and prayers for all in need.....remember to SMILE! :icon_wave:

bakermom
May 18th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Jean! you stole my clematis! no, wait, it's still there climbing up the porch railing, not quite ready to bloom.
Originally i planted two, one on each side of the steps. One has done fantastic, the other limped along for a couple years then died altogether. I have another on a trellis on the side of the porch that must be 20+ years old. gives me a nice shady place when I sit on the swing.
i should be finishing another sundress for GD. It's almost done but i got distracted this week and haven't sewn much. Then it's on to finishing the falling charms quilt I started. DD2 is supposed to be in town this weekend so will be meeting up with her too.

auntiemern
May 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Good day Jean. Love your clematis. My mom had one, and it is still there. Last year it was stunning. I have kid duty for almost the entire day today so nothing will get done. I don't even have anything sandwiched that I could hand quilt. Might have to try to throw something together real quick. The weather is beautiful so the kids will most likely play outdoors all day. Minimum 10 hrs though is gonna kick my butt. No napping :(

Iris Girl
May 18th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Jean your clematis is gorgeous, My son just gave me one for mothers day, It is blue, well periwinkle blue and I love it. He even bought be a cute trellis for it to climb up.tomorrow is my day off so maybe some sewing then. Today the horrible people were out and about trying to use the same coupon multiple times and not taking no for and answer..Thank goodness my manager stands behind her cashiers. Doing a simple baked ziti for dinner tonight . Not much else going on.

K. McEuen
May 18th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Your little flowers are so sweet. I wonder how they would grow here. Would love to add some color to my yard somewhere. Getting real tired of brown.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 18th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Update: What variety is that Jean, do you know?
I have absolutely no recollection of the name of the clematis. A landscaper put it in 7 years ago. I was shocked to see the blooms, last week it was a scrawny vine looking kind of sick!

bakermom
May 18th, 2013, 07:50 PM
It looks like the one I have, I think it's called "fireworks". The first time mine blooms the flowers are huge-when it blooms a again it is still full but the flowers are much smaller.

Mpyles
May 18th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Afternoon everyone!! I came in early, no thread...so off to work I went! Saturday morning breakfast is crazy in my restaurant, so crazy I usually end up at the grill...people like their Saturday morning breakfasts!!

Home tonight....DS is mowing and trimming for me...his GF is off at a wedding so he will be around tonight...hadn't thought about dinner...but I need too...he will be hungry! Gonna wait for the dish guy to come tomorrow morning, so I will get some sewing time in tonight and in the am.

Everyone have a great rest of your day!!!

WendyI
May 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I have absolutely no recollection of the name of the clematis. A landscaper put it in 7 years ago. I was shocked to see the blooms, last week it was a scrawny vine looking kind of sick!

Beautiful specimen Jean! It is a Pink Champaign clematis....early blooming, They are one of my favs and so many varieties that boolm at different times all season long! Love them! Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like everyone had a great day!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 18th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Beautiful specimen Jean! It is a Pink Champaign clematis....early blooming, They are one of my favs and so many varieties that boolm at different times all season long! Love them! Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like everyone had a great day!Whoooo! I love pink champagne! So bubbly and delicious!

bkthomas
May 18th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Love the flowers Jean!!! Yes, having a great day!