PDA

View Full Version : Nothing will keep me from fabric stores!!!

Karena1984
May 17th, 2013, 11:36 PM
So I have a had a long standing date with a friend of mine to go shopping! I'm teaching her to quilt and she needed help picking out her supplies. I got up and got kameryn to school then came home to get ready! Couldn't find my hair straightener so I went hunting for it! Well I managed to break my toe!! After bleeding all over the place I managed to clean it up and tape it up in time to make it out the door on time!!! Not the smartest move on my part to go shopping all day lol I did snag an enchanted pond layer cake, two icicle kisses layer cakes and four snowman gatherings charm packs for 15% off! Went to a Mennonite store and found baking supplies I normally have to order online so that made me happy!! I ran around all day with a broken toe from store to store! After I finally picked my daughter up from her concert practice and got home I realized I was an idiot! A small toe should not be that big!! It's an awful shade of black lol so now here I sit surrounded by awesome fabric but a bad foot that hurts too much to push the pedal to sew!!! I need a bubble!!! This accident proved stuff that people thought was cute when I was a kid just isn't funny now! On a happy note my daughter feels so bad that I broke it in her room that she's actually cleaning her mess up!

CountryHut
May 17th, 2013, 11:51 PM
well, besides a good day for retail therapy -- you got a room cleaned up and didn't have to ask . . NOW that's a get-er-done

shermur
May 17th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Sounds like quite the eventful day for you, sweetie! Sure hope your poor toe gets better and your daughter keeps her room clean? I couldn't help myself this evening either. I thought I was to keep score for the softball team my hubby coaches, but after driving like a crazy woman...I found out I wasn't needed. Would it have asked too much to have called and let me know this?
So, since Joanne's was close by...popped in got a couple of deals myself!

bubba
May 17th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Take my word for it.....you CAN press the pedal with your other foot!!! I had to for six months while my right foot was in a boot.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 18th, 2013, 12:02 AM
So sorry to hear about your broken toe! That hurts so much, I am surprised you could even walk to shop! Hope you get pain relief, because I'm sure it hurts.

Karena1984
May 18th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I'm going to attempt to use my other foot! I just never have and I am so u coordinated that I'm afraid I won't be able to haha I am seriously hoping she keeps her room clean from now on! I always told her one of these days I was going to hurt myself in there and sure enough I did! I believe sheer determination got me through walking around today! Now I'm laying here with my foot propped up hoping these pills kick in so I can sleep!

ilive2craft2
May 18th, 2013, 12:27 AM
I bet that hurt - my toes are still curled up from just reading about it! Glad that you got your deals today. I am so uncoordinated that I don't even try to use my pedal on my machine - I can set it to a speed with a slide thing and push start and stop. That seems to work the best for me - don't have to concentrate on anything more than the hands guiding the fabric and sometimes I still drift off and forget where I am going.

pcbatiks
May 18th, 2013, 01:50 AM
What is our motto??!!?? We must support the small business owners no matter what! :) Hope your toe feels better tomorrow! I'm going to look up those precuts that you bought. They sound pretty.

HdWench
May 18th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Karena!!

OhMyGoodness nothing like the power of Fabric shopping to keep the pain away! Amazing how she's cleaning it up now that your hurt -- Keep the foot up, ice and pills near by and pet those beautiful fabrics! I'm with pc, they sound so pretty would love to see a picture - Later maybe, for now hope the swelling goes down fast and you can catch some rest.