PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake!

janluna
May 17th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Has anyone heard from the girls in Ontario, Canada? They had a 4.4 quake this morning. I know Angie is up there. Monique is up in Quebec, so it probably didn't effect her much. We felt it here, (Western NY) but it was just a little thing. Just wondering if anyone had heard from our Canadian sisters. Prayers that any damage was minimal. Hugs, jan L.

SandyWhite
May 17th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Yes saw that.

nanaleslie
May 17th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Hi Jan, I didn't feel it myself but I heard about it from a friend asking if I felt the house shake and she is 20 km away. Also a friend in Gatineau Quebec felt it. Scarry! I will watch the news shortly to see if there is any damage anywhere and let you know.................Leslie :icon_bigsmile:

Deneldac00p
May 17th, 2013, 07:24 PM
We felt it, but no damage done.

BellasQuilts
May 17th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Jan, jan... a 4.4 is a foot massage. Take it from a Californian...you don't rock and roll until it hits at least 6!

WendyI
May 17th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Jan, jan... a 4.4 is a foot massage. Take it from a Californian...you don't rock and roll until it hits at least 6!

BWAAHAHAHAHA!! I love this! :D:D:D:D

I never felt a THING! It was all over Facebook before it even hit the news. It musta been a low frequency one because only people high up felt it here...if you were close to the ground, nadda. I was kinda disappointed!!

Suzyq
May 18th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Gosh, I was woken up this morning with the bed and me in it, shaking like crazy. Thought to myself, you're having a bad dream so went back to,sleep...Monique, wasn't it centered in your neck of the woods? Was nowhere near as bad as the one in June 2011...not sure how our folksies in earthquake places, ie californie manage....

phoots
May 18th, 2013, 02:08 AM
There was also a 4.3 earthquake near Homer, Alaska, but that might have had something to do with the volcanos.

Pam in Vegas

auntiemern
May 18th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Had to laugh at this. 4.4 is very mild, but I have felt a couple in that range, here on the New Madrid Fault. Nothing much though. Just mild window rattling and slight tremor.

Poppytree
May 18th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Glad you are all OK - we had a tiny one on Tuesday as we went through Waikerie, on the Murray River - around 2.2 (hardly noticed it)

turena65
May 18th, 2013, 06:07 AM

Bwahahaha......!!

Monique
May 18th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Good morning friends. Yes the earthquake was actually centered near my house. I was on my way to my son's house. I got my neighbour to go check on my house. Food fell out of the pantry, pictures fell and broke, a broken lamp. There have been no reports of any one hurt, but it sure scared the hell out of people.